Chapter 13 – Combat Test!
3.2k 14 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

<Japan / Ground Beta/ 11:45>

All the girls headed to the bathrooms to quickly change into their new outfits, this time they changed quickly before heading to Ground Beta as All Might had instructed them to, each carrying a suitcase with a number in front of it.

You could feel the tension in the air, why do you ask?

Because All fucking Might is evaluating us!

Nobody wants to disappoint Number One Hero...

When they finished changing, to lighten the mood they made an impromptu catwalk showcasing everyone's outfits.

So here's a quick mental review by Lena of her teammates' hero costumes:

Ochako: Well, I can't say her hero costume isn't pretty with the pink touches and the contrast with the black color, somehow the helmet on her head makes it look like it's some sort of spacesuit. I am sure she will get a lot of fans thanks to her BIG personality.... APPROVED!

Ashido: Her costume looks like something people would wear before the Quirks War which gives her an air of coolness and originality. However there's something about her costume that I don't quite like... it's okay.

Yao: I know she's exposed like this because of her Quirk, but she says her own costume is a bit uncomfortable for her because of all that it shows... but then why not wear a cape to cover up? Seems like her costume is made for fanservice..... APPROVED!

Tsu: Tsu's costume is perfect, there's nothing to say, APPROVED!

Jiro: Her costume looks more like civilian clothes than a hero costume... but knowing that she wants to be an Underground Heroine which are focused on stealth and infiltration makes sense.... APPROVED!

Toru: She's... well... isn't she basically naked? Is she an exhibitionist?... nothing to comment....

After the catwalk of costumes and a few comments we quickly shot off down the hall to rejoin most of the guys.

What does my costume look like? Good question.

My costume consists of a light brown airline pilot jacket with a small Japanese and American flag on the shoulders, orange suplex pants which had some black straps between my wonderful thighs and butt as decoration, on my hands I had some white metallic gauntlets that covered my forearms and left my fingers free, to finish off some metallic sneakers that allow me to jump much higher than normal.

This time I left the Slipstream visible as it matched my outfit and was also a reminder of how careful I had to be when I took a hit.

(A/N: It's basically her outfit from Overwatch 1 but the Slipstream is similar to the one from Overwatch 2 just a bit smaller and more comfortable.)

After a few minutes the last person arrived who was..... Midoriya.

...

..

.

"WHAT IS THAT SUIT! HAHAHAHA!"

Bakugo along with Lena and Ashido began to laugh out loud as much of the class tried to control their laughter at Midoriya's ridiculous costume that was heavily inspired by All Might.

Although Midoriya didn't seem to notice as he looked anxiously at All Might.... Who was using all his willpower not to laugh at the poor young man.

"Well then, let's get started!" spoke All Might silencing the laughter of the students before explaining the test in detail. "This is going to be an indoor couples test, that is, inside a building! Normal people think most battles happen on the open street, but they don't, statistically speaking most battles happen indoors! Drugs, hostages, black market, among many other things happen out of sight of the Heroes! In this test there will be two sides "Heroes" and "Villains" that will be chosen at random!"

All Might spoke fluently and with passion, you could tell the years of teaching in... that's a notebook?

Before he could continue explaining the rules several students raised their hands and spoke in quick succession.

"Are there any threats of expulsion?" Ochako asked a little fearfully.

"How do we know who wins and who loses?" Yao asked as she took a thoughtful pose.

"Can I destroy everything inside?" Bakugo exclaimed, he just wanted to get it all over with at once.

"I HAVEN'T FINISHED TALKING!" shouted All Might loudly shushing the students. "The villains must protect a fake nuclear bomb they are trying to detonate, the heroes' job is to secure the bomb or capture the villains! If the heroes capture the villains or secure the weapon, the heroes win! But if the villains secure the weapon for the set time or capture the Heroes, the villains win!"

After that we picked teams at random, it was my turn to be on "Team I" with Hagakure, interesting combination since Hagakure is invisible, if our team were the Villain's it could be an extremely easy win with Hagakure sneaking around while I distract the Heroes, or I could just use 'Acceleration' and make it all the way to the bomb and win.

"For the first match these will be the pairings! A and B!"

After that I disconnected my brain from what All Might was saying and went to sleep on the floor, but not before looking carefully at all my fellow heroes and asking Hagakure to wake me up when it was our turn.

It wasn't that I didn't want to watch my teammates' games... well, I didn't really want to watch them.

 

***

Moments after Lena fell asleep, Toru went with her friends to watch Midoriya and Bakugo's match.

Toru was stunned when out of the blue when Lena asked her to wake her up when it was her turn, they haven't even discussed a strategy....

"Mnnn" Moaned Toru worried about her situation, she didn't want to be eliminated, she had already had a lousy performance in Aizawa's test she didn't want that also in this test which was led by All Might. "What to do...?"

Listening to Toru, Jiro asks her while looking sideways at the start of the test. "What's wrong Toru?"

Toru was surprised to be overheard but quickly frowned as she looks at Lena. "I- Well, Lena went to sleep asking me to wake her up when it was our turn... we haven't even discussed a strategy..."

Jiro looked at Lena with a raised eyebrow before looking back at Toru. "I think you should wake her up... mainly so she can see how the battles are going she can take note of something and then use in her match."

Momo who was listening to the conversation turned to look at Lena before commenting, "Honestly, I just think she's too confident she doesn't seem like the smartest person... no offense."

Jiro shook her head before taking on a thoughtful look. "I don't think she's an airhead, at our school she was pretty well known for being to answer anything with barely paying attention to it, I originally thought it was her Quirk but now that I know her better I realize she's just smart in her own way."

Momo shrugged as she went back to watching Midoriya and Bakugo's match. "She might be smarter than I think, but I remind you that there are many types of intelligence."

"Well I'll try to believe in what you've told me Jiro, but I can't help but be worried..." Says Toru worried, to which Jiro just shrugged her shoulders without saying anything.

"Mnnn, who do you think would win between Midoriya and Bakugo?" asked Momo suddenly.

After some thought Toru replied, "It depends, but in a normal battle I think Bakugo."

"I think Bakugo would also win, in this case he has the advantage, because Midoriya can't use his Quirk properly" Explained Kyoka while analyzing the pros and cons of each one. "I think Bakugo will win"

"Why can't he use it?" Toru asked tilting her head, though he had a vague idea why. "Is it because of his body?"

"No, it's because it would destroy the whole building and could set off the hypothetical bomb..." Momo replies to Toru's doubt.

"Oh."

***

"Le..."

"Len....a..."

"LENA!!!"

"AHHHHHH!!!" Lena shouted as she jumped to her feet, turning to look around she saw that her teammates were looking at her, she also noticed that Midoriya was missing, possibly she lost to Bakugo as expected....

Turning her head towards the invisible girl she could see by the position of the gloves that she was not happy at all.

Scratching her head before slowly getting up, Lena asked. "What's up Hagakure?"

"Call me Toru." Toru replied in a curt tone before huffing in annoyance. "Now it's our turn, we're the Villains."

"Shit" Lena spoke without thinking earning a possible glare from Toru, it was hard to tell when the girl was totally invisible. "Well I guess there goes the easy way..."

"You had a plan?" asked Toru surprised, in the few hours she had already lost hope of winning especially considering who she was going against....

"It was more of a strategy than a plan but I guess so... but that doesn't matter now" Lena replied letting out a yawn as she rubbed her eyes. "Who are we going against?"

"Todoroki and Shoji" Toru spoke in a subdued tone. "We're screwed, aren't we?"

Lena simply blinked before laughing at the invisible girl's insult. "I guess you could say that..."

Toru raised an eyebrow as she saw Lena close her eyes for a moment. "What's wrong?"

"We're at a disadvantage, Todoroki could freeze the whole building and we wouldn't be able to do anything to stop him. No offense, but your Quirk here doesn't help much, they already know we might be stalking them so they'll be on guard most of the time" Lena explained her line of thinking, she had thought about how to counter several people but this combination was especially annoying because Lena didn't have a "Tank" or "Attacker" partner like Bakugo, Tokoyami or Shoji. "Our best option is to somehow prevent Todoroki from freezing us, and once he reaches our corridor ambush him and knock him out or place the tape on him quickly."

"..."

"In short, we need a lot of luck" Lena clarified as she started to stretch slightly, then stopped and looked at Toru with hope in her eyes. "Hey Toru... what exactly does your Quirk do?"

...

If you like the story you can support me on my Patreon! You can read up to 5 chapters in advance!

https://www.patreon.com/rTem

...

142