191. Buy me a spaceship
149 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And for the humans, this was also a shock. The shock was that the species was unknown. How could it be unknown? The humans had alien contacts and this was quite apparent due to the findings over the last few months or so.

They had come across alien devices and even a spaceship that the Russian leader used to escape Earth. The names and others could be understood but how come there was no mention of species. Didn't the communicator that was left on Earth also was a proof enough to show that the aliens, even from the Milky Way galaxy and the Luminary Collective had known of them?

Had there been some oversight in registering their species?

Awkward silence prevailed for a moment. Lumis, perplexed, rechecked the information on the machine, only for it to deliver the same notification.

"Are you truly from the Luminar Nexus Galaxy?" Lumis inquired. The term "Luminar Nexus" was assigned to the Milky Way galaxy after the Luminary Collective's ascendancy.

"Does it seem like we're jesting?" Sauvik retorted.

"Then how do you possess such overwhelming firepower? If your capabilities are as exceptional as they appear, why did you not challenge the current ruling powers? Even if you chose not to challenge them, the Luminary Collective, upon discovering a rising star like yours, would likely aim to suppress it. How have you remained unnoticed for so long?" Lumis probed.

"Let's just say that we've recently gained access to resources beyond our imagination, and this has propelled us into a position of unforeseen strength," Robin disclosed, sensing that Lumis's concerns extended beyond their firepower.

The heart of the matter lay in the extensive misunderstanding, causing pain for countless families and Lumis's people. A larger issue loomed with the Luminary Collective. Suddenly, a spark of insight ignited in Lumis's mind—an opportunity, a potential escape from their current predicament.

What if they aligned with this new species? The idea struck him like lightning. It was a small notion, but the more he pondered, the more his excitement grew. Yet this was a plan for the future; he needed to navigate the present carefully and understand the actual capabilities of these newcomers.

Meanwhile, Robin was lost in deep contemplation. His unease mirrored Lumis's, as he had expected to encounter another human civilization, if not within the Milky Way, then in some remote expanse of space. However, if the findings were accurate, they had defied all his expectations. He had perhaps been influenced by fantasy novels, envisioning humanity as a united force in the cosmos. Never had he imagined that Earth would pioneer human presence beyond their planet.

He needed to delve deeper into the mystery of their uniqueness. Likewise, his companions shared his curiosity and surprise.

"Can we register our species with the Inter Galactic Federation?" Sauvik inquired.

"Absolutely, it's possible!" Lumis confirmed.

"Is the registration process lengthy, and what benefits would it entail?" Sauvik probed cautiously, needing to ensure this wasn't some elaborate trap.

"Upon normal registration, you'll gain unrestricted movement between third-class galaxies and the ability to use your own spaceship. If you wish to travel to a second-class galaxy, there's a fee of 1000 credits. For access to a first-class galaxy, the fee is 10,000 credits, and if you seek to journey to an S-class galaxy, the fee increases to 100,000 credits. Keep in mind that these credits are in galactic currency, not the local currency of a particular galaxy, which varies in value from one galaxy or planet to another," Lumis explained.

"If you undergo a white registration, the fees for entering a second-class galaxy are waived, and you'll only need to pay 500 credits for access to a first-class galaxy and 5000 credits for entry into an S-class galaxy. Alternatively, opting for dark registration means no fees for a first-class galaxy and a charge of 5000 credits for an S-class galaxy. If you're born in any of these galaxies, your registration is automatically upgraded. The Luminary Collective falls under the category of one of the 100 billion third-class galaxies, being born in a third class galaxy holds no advantage whatsoever." Lumis elaborated.

Sauvik's confusion prompted him to ask about the galaxy classification system. Lumis's surprise grew as he realized these Earthlings possessed remarkably advanced technology yet remained unaware of broader cosmic dynamics. He was both intrigued and envious, longing to uncover how these individuals had procured a High Elder and such formidable firepower. Lumis wondered about the identities of the other species these newcomers mentioned.

"Well, the division is based on the galaxies' capabilities. Third-class galaxies, like Luminary Collective and others similar to ours, harness the power of stars as a primary source. Second-class galaxies can tap into the energy of pulsars, first-class galaxies access the power of quasars, and the criteria for becoming an S-class galaxy remain mysterious. According to rumors, these S-class galaxies possess mechanisms and technology to explore beyond the known universe," Lumis explained, hinting at the intricacies of cosmic energy manipulation.

"Not all of the 100 billion galaxies are registered in the federation. Many new galaxies emerge as older ones are obliterated, a natural occurrence in the vast universe. Only second-class and higher galaxies can request assistance if their homes face destruction. Third-class galaxies must pay a considerable sum to mitigate the effects of such devastation and safeguard their planets. Our own galaxy is moving toward collision with another, altering the balance of power within the Luminary Collective. As a result, they are pooling resources, with the Dyson Sphere around our sun serving as a form of payment for the impending crisis. In a few thousand years, our home may become uninhabitable due to these cosmic events," Lumis conveyed, exposing the broader context of the Zorians' situation.

Robin remained unaware of these developments, as Edmund hadn't shared this information. Edmund's knowledge was gleaned through hacking, allowing him access to military data rather than the social structure of this society.

"How do we earn credits?" Sauvik asked. Though he did understand some of the intricacies and te functioning, they needed to get the current problem out of their shoulders.

"Uhh.. There are two major institutions in the intergalactic federation. One is the sale of data and other is the banking." Lumis said. "Sale of data pertains to any kind of information, technology, resources and knowledge could be sold to Galactic Emporium Nexus and in exchange they will give you credits. Since the banking system is huge, there are several banks sponsored by the S class galaxies which is responsible to the banking system sector wise. For the Luminar Nexus and others surrounding our galaxies, it is under ExoBank Alliance. If you want to register the species, you can also go to Exobank Alliance." Lumis said.

"Then can we go the bank to register ourselves?" Robin said.

"It would be my honor to lead an High Elder and register themselves." Lumis said.

Soon they were led to a huge envoy consisting of levitating cars, with a few luxury looking cars in the center while the military grade vehicles on the sides. Robin could understand the huge military protection and though the humans won the battle, the Zorians did lose some of their lives and some people, even from the palace must be livid and would surely want to take revenge on the humans.

Though Robin didn't think they needed the protection he did appreciate the gesture which showed that Lumis was actually intelligent about it.

They founded themselves seated within a highly advanced car, its interior bathed in the soft, ethereal glow of bioluminescence. Lumis, Robin, Cathrin, Rita, Ravi and Sauvik were in the car. It was quite bold of Lumis to come alone but he did know what was going on, If Robin wanted to kill him, he would have done so long.

"High Elder, we will at first go to the bank to register your identity and species into the servers and then if you have items to sell, we can go to the GEN to see if you buy something." Lumis said.

"Buy? We don't have any credits. If at all, we need to sell items." Robin said while rolling his eyes.

"High Elder, if you want to buy something, I am ready to pay." Lumis said.

"What if I want to buy a huge ass spaceship? Will you pay?" Robin asked.

"Uh.. We.. Umm.." Lumis stumbled upon his words as he didn't expect Robin to subvert his notion.

"Yeah thought so. It's better I sell some items and take a look what they can offer." Robin said and this time to his friends. They too nodded.

The envoy zoomed past and robin got to the city very closely now. The city itself seemed alive, with bioluminescent flora that adorned every corner. Trees with leaves that pulsed in sync with the rhythms of the planet cast a calming, iridescent glow. Ponds and waterways shimmered with the reflections of the bioluminescent cityscape, creating an almost surreal scene that looked like something out of a dream.

Announcement
Read 30 more chapters on my patreon
17