196. This is not Overlord anime
209 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day,

Robin and the others couldn't simply venture out and shop in the city. Although they had been living comfortably in the palace and the spaceship, Robin was aware of the animosity the people of Zora harbored towards him. Surprisingly, King Lumis had shown integrity by asking for forgiveness.

He announced that their country's losses in the war were a result of the Zorians' own actions. It was the Zorians who had initiated an invasion of another planet, and the recent war was a consequence of the retaliation they faced due to those actions. Naturally, Lumis was cautious not to mention the Luminary Collective explicitly. He solely took responsibility for their own actions and urged the people not to direct their anger towards other species.

The compensation for the lives lost was more than generous. Zora was a society that had virtually eradicated unemployment. Every individual, even the laziest, had some form of occupation, with the opportunity to work their way up—should they wish to. However, if someone chose not to work, or if the occupation itself wasn't required, they could do very little. The compensation primarily consisted of monetary compensation, rather than the clichéd promises of jobs and promotions. These were the issues of a first-world society.

While these actions didn't erase the memory of the losses from the minds of the people of Zora, the collective hatred for Earthlings had substantially diminished. Still, for those who had lost loved ones, the pain would remain. Although losing a family member was always painful, the hatred wouldn't fester and grow in the future.

In traditional monarchies, it was rare for the monarch to admit fault, yet the current king's willingness to accept responsibility surprised Robin even more. Perhaps he truly was the "Gentle" ruler that they depicted him to be.

Given that Robin and his companions currently lacked access to local shops and had only a solitary shop to rely on, they decided to make use of the planet's equivalent of "Amazon" or "Alibaba." Robin had already purchased a foldable, flexible mobile device powered by advanced fusion technology. Its battery could last for weeks due to its efficiency.

Although the device had both galactic and universal connectivity, Robin opted for the universal service, paying for everyone to have universal service-connected mobile devices. This decision brought joy to everyone, as they enthusiastically engaged with the new technology. Even Robin himself was so captivated that they collectively forgot about another purchase they had intended to make the previous day.

That purchase was a Virtual Reality (VR) set.

Consequently, Robin needed to utilize the planet's equivalent of "Amazon" to request the delivery of a VR set. Browsing through his mobile, he discovered that the VR world was incredibly advanced. However, there was a catch. The VR world was significantly more expensive than the mobile connection.

A VR set connected to the universal network cost around 1000 credits, exceeding the annual income of many multiplanetary company CEOs. Even the wealthy would think twice before committing to universal access. On the other hand, there was a simpler option—a VR set connected to the galactic network, priced at just 1 credit per year.

Allow me to elaborate on how this system functions.

Essentially, the VR world was divided into islands, with each island representing a galaxy of species. The size of the islands was enormous, surpassing even that of a typical galaxy. The sheer magnitude of these islands gives an idea of their vastness. Residents could live, sleep, and lead entire lives on these islands. However, they still needed to tend to their physical needs outside the VR world, such as eating, which required them to exit the virtual realm temporarily.

Although the technology had advanced to the point of providing sustenance to users while they were immersed in the VR, governments often encouraged people to step out of the VR experience and engage with the real world, as the VR experience wasn't genuine. It's a classic case of "first world problems."

Returning to the island concept, transitioning between different galaxy islands wasn't straightforward. Only those who paid the 1000-credit annual fee were granted access to move between islands representing distinct galaxies. This rule applied universally, even to the citizens of the S-class galaxies. The number of islands far exceeded the count of island galaxies, with more than a million islands in existence. While those who paid the 1000 credits could interact with people who didn't pay and move around freely, the reverse wasn't allowed.

On the day of delivery, the guards of King Lumis brought numerous VR sets to their spaceship.

"Are you excited?" Robin inquired as everyone eagerly opened their VR sets. The devices were compact, featuring only three flexible wires attached. Designed to accommodate various species with diverse appearances and functionalities, the VR sets were automated. Users simply needed to position the wire ends near their brain, and the setup would be complete. This invention was a collaborative effort from multiple S-class galaxies, crafted to cater to existing and future species yet to be discovered.

Cathrin and the others wore broad smiles, discussing how they could lead entirely different lives in the VR and immerse themselves in new worlds. Even Rita, who had never been a fan of games, developed an interest due to the enthusiasm of those around her. Her husband, Sauvik, and Cathrin were gamers at heart. While Cathrin might have been the more hardcore gamer, games had become integral to their lives.

"This is going to revolutionize our lives."

"But we'll need different connections on our planet to use them, as our sector lacks that infrastructure."

"Robin, can you assist with that?" Cathrin asked, realizing that they could use the VR at her home on Earth.

"Sure, after we resolve the Luminary Collective issue, I'll work on improving the sector's connectivity," Robin assured.

Given the cutting-edge nature of this technology, no other companies could encroach on this business, nor did they dare to. This serves as a testament to the immense power and wealth of the S-class galaxies. Consider the billions of people purchasing this technology—such wealth would endure indefinitely and beyond.

Robin felt a surge of contentment seeing 12 million credits in his account. However, once the idea of the VR sets took hold in his mind, he struggled to comprehend the immense wealth possessed by the S-class galaxies. And that was only for the purchase of the sets. The potential expenses for the associated services were an entirely different matter. He eventually pushed aside these thoughts, focusing on the prospect of entering a world filled with breathtaking landscapes.

The anticipation was palpable, and they didn't waste any time donning their VR sets. After turning them on, they closed their eyes, and within moments, Robin found himself in a new world. It felt like a dream, yet somehow even more vivid. In the initial moments, the experience was slightly disorienting for him.

He found himself standing in an expanse of empty whiteness, where he could not only see the color white but also perceive it in a strange sensory amalgamation. He experienced the sensation of both standing and lying down simultaneously. This bizarre juxtaposition didn't affect his normal functioning, though.

[

Name: Robin Kashyap

Species: Human

Type: High Evolutionary with Paracausal Properties (unique and calibrating..)

Citizen: S-class citizen of Toraks (affiliate)

Access: High-level access

]

"Welcome, Mr. Robin Kashyap, to paradise. We hope you enjoy this new world. If not, you can always purchase your own island. The cost is..."

Robin was taken aback by the appearance of the data panel. More perplexing was the mention of "paracausal properties" and the unfamiliar term "High Evolutionary." 'I'm not a character from Marvel,' he thought, annoyed by the intrusive advertisements that followed. Luckily, they ceased after a moment, and Robin found himself in an entirely new realm.

He stood in an open space surrounded by a dense forest with towering trees and thick trunks. Although he was alone, the ambient sounds of birds chirping, butterflies fluttering, and a bunny-like creature hopping through the underbrush enveloped him. The sky above was tinted indigo, adorned with three suns. The realism of the VR experience was such that he could feel the warmth of the virtual sun on his skin. The simulation even extended to tactile sensations—breezes, sounds, and the fragrances of the grass and trees.

"They've made it incredibly lifelike," Robin sighed. Suddenly, a notification panel appeared.

[

Cathrin calling... Do you wish to accept?

]

Robin immediately accepted the call and said.

"Where are you?"

"In an island connected via a long bridge. Where are you?" Came the voice of Cathrin.

"In a forest... Wait others are calling. Let me put into conference." Robin said and soon the video calls got connected, with the panel floating in the air, but opaque enough to have a crystal clear display.

"Guys we need to get into one meeting place." Robin said as he could guess everyone was in different place at the moment and maybe even different galaxy islands.

"How should we do this?" Rita asked.

"I told you to read the manual." Cathrin complained.

Announcement
read 30 more chapters on my patreon
14