199. There are no good fairy tales
348 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And this was not the scene on this particular bounty hunter building. It was happening in almost all 2nd class and 3rd class galaxy. Sigret had pointed out all the information that she had about the spacecraft and the last direction he had fled to. Of course, the direction might change but she felt that there was a high chance the Russian president didn't know how to pilot the spaceship properly.

Of course, this was all a conjecture but she gave every information ever known about the person including his habits, his health issues since humans were new species and he wouldn't get medical help easily. If he got registered in to the IGID, many bounty hunters had enough connections to know a low class citizen appearing.

In this universe, it was almost a curse if you didn't have money and were being hunted down. Here money was supreme and only Evolutionaries could cast away the shackles of money and go higher.

Right now the bounty hunters were busy trying to find out and use their connections around the universe to locate the person. The reward was for dead or alive so it didn't matter what kind of force they used. They just need the proof and they would be done, though there was an extra incentive if the person was caught and brought alive so that fueled the people around more.

All the 2nd class and 3rd class galaxy bounty hunters were now rushing towards Luminary Collective and the adjacent galaxies in order to do a blanket search. The one who could find the person didn't mean that he or she would get the money. 

That person needed to deliver the person to the organization and only then it would be paid. Though most of the times, the code of the bounty hunter was followed and one wouldn't backstab another but when huge money and greed was involved, the story might just be different.

Experienced bounty hunters, mercenaries and even corporate bounty hunter who work as a whole team had come out their nest for this reward. The Luminary Collective was going to welcome loads of people in the next few days time and more later.

Of course, all of the drama behind didn't matter to Robin and all he wanted was the guy back dead or alive. After posting, they went out and the moment they stepped out, Robin got a call. Right in the VR world. It was Lumis who called.

"Hello."

"Hello, High Elder. I am sorry for disturbing but do you wish to speak to another High elder?" Lumis asked as he seemed to be a little distraught.

"High Elder? From Luminary?" Robin asked. Lumis nodded his head. "Connect me to him." Robin said. Within a second he got to see another person who seemed to be quite aged. Looked like Selena, but was male in gender. The difference was the patterns and the eyes of the person seemed to glowing.

Not like the human eyes which showed wonder but this guy's eyes were actually glowing.

"This is Torin. Can I know the name of whom I am speaking?"

"Robin."

"If it is all same to you, can we meet face to face in this virtual world?" Torin said.

"Alright. I will be at the restaurant ..." Robin gave his location. It was the virtual world anyways and it didn't really matter. Robin and his friends took the seat and went through the menu. They weren't sure if there was anything that could taste good in their taste buds and ordered something sweet.

Even if it was bad, this thing wasn't going inside their body anyways so no fear of food poisoning or something. As the waiter came and took the order, the old man who Robin had seen before showed up with Lumis and another person. Since he was a High Elder, Robin and others did get up from his seat and greeted him as a show of respect.

The High Elder bowed down in return and Robin showed him the seat.

"Is Selena well?" Those were Torin's first words that came out.

"Of course she is well. She is a POW, but that doesn't mean we have some kind of eternal hatred." Robin replied. Torin looked relieved when Robin said that. "Why are you both related?"

"No.. She is one of the candidate to become a High Elder in the future so she is valued by the family."

"Oh! So why are you here? Are you coming to wage war again?" Robin asked.

"No. I am a High Elder but that doesn't mean I am stupid. I represent the Ziran family and in the order of Luminary Collective, I wish to end the war and hope for a chance of reconciliation. We can negotiate any form of reimbursements if needed." Torin said. Robin was taken aback by the change of behavior.

In fact from the moment Torin had stepped in, he could tell that Torin wasn't really going to continue the war and the reason was simple. It was Lumis. From the face and body, one could easily tell that he didn't come here to coerce and he even accepted the offer to meet in a restaurant.

One wouldn't wage war against another sitting on the same table on a fucking virtual restaurant! It was probably Lumis who might have told them of their S class citizenship.

S class galaxy+ High Elder + Amazing firepower proved too much for him and he relented. Of course, having Selena might have hurt him too. Robin felt like this guy was hiding something about Selena. It was the gut feeling.

"Where are you at the moment?" Robin asked and didn't speak about negotiations directly. Torin didn't seem to be affected by this and replied.

"On our way to Zora. I hope you can stay at Zora for a few more Zorian days and we can have the negotiation face to face." Torin said.

"I will be in Zora." Robin assured. Torin got up and bowed once again before leaving the restaurant. Since it was a high end virtual restaurant, only the luxurious and powerful people came here, or somebody who had good connections in the actual world. Some of them did recognize Torin.

Though High Elders held very high positions in the empire and they hardly showed up, that didn't mean people didn't get to see them ever. Thus some of them recognized him and were more curious who these people were since the High Elder was courteous to them.

Mind you, the war had happened under the Ziran family and not all the families that controlled the Luminary Collective knew of it. Of course, that didn't mean the other families were totally ignorant of what was going on and honestly speaking after getting to know that it was an S class citizen behind the whole thing they had backed off.

And let the Ziran family handle it. They had basically kicked the Ziran family and even if the family were put to execution they wouldn't stop it from happening. Those who stood at the top, knew how powerful the S class were. The Ziran family were in kind of a pinch now and they were ready to negotiate any kind of deal with the S class Evolutionary that had appeared.

Robin could see the looks that he and his friends were getting and knew that staying here would just invoke more curious eyes on the restaurant. After eating and paying the bill, they walked out and in the next moment they left the whole VR world.

Robin after lifting the head gear, looked around and saw everyone had to adjust to the light around. They had their eyes closed for a long time before and thus seeing light in reality again had their eyes take some time to see clearly. Of course, Robin didn't feel any kind of problem while he did so.

"It's too realistic."

"The visuals are great."

"The games could have been better."

"Will you all stops speaking like freaking IGN giving reviews." Robin said which made everyone laugh. They discussed more of what they could introduce in this VR world and how it would be good. Later that day everyone researched more on the VR world and got to know of the games that had been going on and suffice to say that universe seriously lacked good imagination.

If the games weren't the proof, then the fantasy stories of their definitely was the nail in the coffin. Robin used his powers to read two most popular fantasy stories. It was below average and it showed how bleak the imagination of the people of the universe.

Robin almost felt like it was some kind of conspiracy by the upper levels of the universe to limit the imagination but then he remembered the size of the known universe. It was almost unending and it was impossible for even the powerful S class galaxies to limit the imagination.

So what the hell was going on? What was the origin of the humans? And how their imaginations seemed to be better than the rest of the universe.

Announcement
Read 30 more chapters on my patreon
16