183. Luke, where are you
478 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Artanis was standing behind him when Robin decided to bring the next things. And that was Mothership. Mothership was the Terran equivalent to Battlecruiser. The reason why Robin went for Protoss was because technically speaking they were better than Terrans.

Their technology was more advanced and even though in game due to resources, their battle power was brought down due to time constraints but in actuality they were better than Terrans. Just the cloaking and warping technology alone was enough to bring horror in the battlefield.

Only EMPS were useful against them, but EMP was a double edged sword. The Terrans themselves would be harmed and who would use it in large battlefield unless they were surrounded with no way out. If Protoss were given time and enough resources they could fuck any battlefield in the baddest way possible.

Robin placed the small mothership on a very large flat land which had nothing but yellow grass for miles. Soon it enlarged and Robin laid his eyes on the huge Mothership in reality for the first time.

The Protoss Mothership hung in space like a celestial marvel, an immense, otherworldly creation that seemed to defy the laws of physics. Its form was akin to a resplendent, ancient disk, its surface adorned with luminous, ever-shifting patterns and symbols that radiated a soft, ethereal glow, hinting at the powerful psionic energy contained within.

From afar, the Mothership appeared to be an amalgamation of gold and iridescent blue hues. The outer hull had an intricate design, with flowing patterns that seemed to be carved from the very essence of stardust. Massive energy pylons and graceful archways adorned its sides.

Artanis was happy to see the Mothership and decided to be the guide of Robin.

"Welcome, Supreme Commander," Artanis said. "It is an honor to have you aboard our Mothership. Allow me to show you the wonders within."

They entered the ship, and the metallic doors closed behind them with a soft hum. Inside, the vastness of the ship's interior was even more impressive. Robin looked around in amazement, feeling the serenity of the blue-lit surroundings.

"This is the Conclave," Artanis explained, gesturing to the holographic displays. "Here is where the Protoss leaders gather to discuss our strategies."

"It's magnificent," Robin remarked, captivated by the holographic projections. "Your people's technology is beyond anything I've ever seen."

Artanis smiled humbly. "We have spent countless ages honing our skills in both science and psionics. Our connection with the Khala allows us to achieve feats that may seem miraculous to others."

"Artanis, how does the Mothership operate? The energy, the psionics—it's all so fascinating." Robin asked.

"The Mothership draws power from multiple sources, including massive energy pylons and the Khala Core. Our psionic connection within the Core allows us to wield the ship's immense power as one united mind." Artanis replied.

""It's a beautiful integration of the physical and the metaphysical, just like mine." Robin said as his hand lit up with Light. Artanis was surprised seeing power in the hand of a Terran. For Artanis, Robin was nothing more than a Terran and though they belonged to different species, Artanis had unwavering loyalty towards Robin.

But seeing a Terran with abilities was new. His psionic powers could easily tell that this light was not the actually light that was normally seen around but something much beyond and more powerful.

They eventually arrived at the Khala Core, the heart of the Mothership. The pulsating energy within the chamber filled the air with a sense of tranquility. "This is where the Protoss unite their minds and wills," Artanis explained, his voice gentle. "It is a place of communion, where we reaffirm our unity and shared purpose."

"It's as if the ship itself is a living being," Robin mused, feeling the profound connection that the Protoss had with their creation. Though Light and the core weren't related in any way, he could still sense it. Robin toured the Mothership for half hour more and came out.

"I shall bring additional Motherships to reinforce our forces. It is imperative that you enter the war as soon as possible to assist us. There might be a galactic legion in pursuit, so your aid is crucial. I will provide the necessary resources to establish multiple bases here."

"Is it the Zergs?" Artanis inquired, a little apprehensive. The Zergs had been their greatest enemy, and they had been locked in conflict with them for a long time.

"No, it's another species. The Terrans are already engaged in battle with them. You will have to join and make your presence known when the time is right. Until then, establish your base," Robin explained. Artanis acknowledged this plan, and Robin proceeded to bring in more Motherships. After surveying the surroundings, he eventually returned to his mobile home.

Having spent quite some time moving around, he managed to clear his mind. Five hours had passed since he left, so it was time to get back. Upon his return, he found Cathrin already fast asleep. She had a cute, innocent look on her face while sleeping.

Robin smiled as he observed her cuddled up. Cathrin seemed to sense Robin's presence and nudged slightly. Before they knew it, they both drifted off to sleep, cuddling each other.


Twenty-nine Earth Hours Later,

The battle resumed, and this time the Zorians attacked with even greater ferocity. In the previous battle, they had underestimated the Earthlings and lacked a proper defensive strategy.

This angered the fleet's commander, who decided to employ brutal tactics until reinforcements arrived. After the initial battle, they had lost a considerable amount of manpower, and many of their ships were in poor condition.

"Fight on... Fight until the Luminary Collective sends reinforcements. If we don't stop them, they will wreak havoc in Zora and bring misery to our people. We must halt their advance," the commander urged.

His words ignited a frenzy among the fleet. Some were even prepared to sacrifice their lives to achieve victory in the battle. Although the fleet's commander was connected to the Luminary Collective, he was no fool. He knew precisely how to motivate his troops, using fear and bravery as powerful tools.

And so, the battle commenced. Robin and the others were stationed on the main bridge, with General Duke formulating strategies alongside Sigret, whose exceptional calculating skills proved invaluable.

During a lull in the action, Robin asked Duke, "Have you gathered any information from their spaceships? The Luminary Collective is set to arrive in 35 hours, and we suspect these are their older spaceships. Expect even greater firepower when the galactic empire arrives."

Duke's face showed concern as he replied, "Indeed, it takes time to travel such vast distances. Don't worry about the Luminary Collective for now. Let us concentrate on this battle."

"As you wish, Supreme Commander," Duke responded, acknowledging Robin's directive.

Meanwhile, his friends gazed deeply into Robin's eyes but remained silent. The battle continued to rage on, and at times, Robin felt a strong urge to join the fight. However, he knew that his involvement might make the enemies more vigilant. Duke, on the other hand, was prepared to sacrifice some soldiers to weaken the enemy, ensuring they could deliver a decisive blow when the galactic empire arrived.

In frustration, Robin clenched his fists and waited. Over the next two days, due to their ferocious counterattack, the Terrans suffered a devastating loss as they lost a battlecruiser. Robin was nearly ready to storm off to the hangar, but it was Sauvik who later approached him to explain the importance of their actions in preserving Earth.

"Don't let more people die because of your impatience. Understand?" Sauvik said firmly.

"But men are dying out there, and I can save them," Robin protested.

"Yes, they are, and more will die if we deviate from the strategy," Sauvik countered, raising his voice even louder. Robin fell silent, absorbing Sauvik's words. It was a little heartbreaking for Robin, but when he set off in this journey there would be set backs like this.

It's just it was a little sad for him.

And thus two Earth days had gone by. The Terrans had lost more than a thousand men, around 800 Valkyries and a Battlecruiser. But the enemies had lost 8 battlsehips including a portion of the Commander battleship. Duke decided to use the biggest rain gun in their ship against their Commander ship in order to raise the moral of Terrans.

But aft first they needed to break down the barrier of their main ship. So one of the Guardians went up and sacrificed himself in order to give them an opening, It was something like the strategy of blowing out the Death Star in Star Wars, only in this case, the Guardian lost his life. But at the end he was successful and the rail gun went past the barrier.

But it wasn't able to take down the Commanding Battleship and only was able to inflict a small amount of damage but this was enough to raise the moral.

Announcement
Read 30 more chapters on my patreon
17