188. You are going to love this
319 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Following Day

"Shall we descend upon Zora and assert dominance over their planet?" Sauvik inquired.

"Is it truly necessary? For them, it might devolve into mere political maneuvering. Landing on their planet could be interpreted as an act of conquest, which isn't our intention," Robin responded. His words elicited smiles from his companions and Sauvik. They had harbored concerns that Robin might follow the footsteps of Alexander the Great, but it was a relief to learn his intentions were different.

"However, that doesn't imply we should let down our guard. More motherships and Battlecruisers are en route. We must be prepared for the prospect of war at any given instance," Robin added. His statement served as a reminder that despite their current position, they were still in the throes of conflict and couldn't afford to become complacent.

Several hours later...

The group reconvened on the same bridge that had hosted their banquet. The area had been tidied up and cleared. The Terran cleaning crews had displayed remarkable efficiency, and intriguingly, the three Korean maids had also lent a hand during the cleanup.

It appeared that these maids felt akin to the chefs, wanting to contribute in any way they could. A circular table had been set up for this meeting, intended to discuss the information they had gathered since capturing the High Admiral, as well as to delve into the current political landscape of the Zorians.

"Thank you, everyone, for joining this meeting. We've uncovered some intriguing yet harsh truths," Edmund began.

"May I interrupt to suggest that we replace 'uncovered' with 'un-Luminary Collective' in this context?" Artanis chimed in with a lighthearted tone.

"That's certainly a novel suggestion," Edmund replied, his smile widening.

"Sure, let me jot that down for future reference, possibly for inclusion in the Oxford dictionary," Ravi quipped, mimicking the act of writing. His presence in the meeting was due to his status as Rita's husband, a case that could be labeled as nepotism. He had initially hesitated to participate, knowing that such gatherings focused on humanity's future – a realm distant from his profession as a pediatrician.

He was no politician, merely a medical professional attempting to fulfill his responsibilities. Now, he found himself thrust into an unfamiliar realm. Despite the allure of newfound authority, he also grappled with guilt associated with wielding such power.

In such meetings, he maintained his silence, resolutely refraining from expressing his opinions. Even when Rita urged him to share a distinct perspective, he remained steadfast in his choice. His stance was unyielding, and attempts to sway him proved futile.

"Hahaha... perhaps that's the case," Robin chuckled in response to the light-hearted banter.

"Let's get to the crux of the matter. Supreme Commander, your perception of racism during your conversation with the High Admiral was indeed accurate. However, it's a form of racism you might not expect," Edmund began.

"Oh! Do elaborate," Sauvik interjected. Having overheard the communication between Robin and the High Admiral, they shared his sentiment that it was rooted in racism.

"Have you observed that every extraterrestrial species we've encountered thus far has been distinct from us?" Edmund posed.

"Isn't that a given? Species from different planets naturally differ. Lions aren't expected to resemble us, after all," Cathrin responded.

"True, but I mean that Earth's species differ fundamentally from those of other planets," Edmund clarified.

"What precisely do you mean?" Robin inquired.

"I'm suggesting that Earth's species are fundamentally unique in comparison to those of the Milky Way galaxy," Edmund elaborated.

"What?" came the surprised chorus.

"And even if they are, what significance does that hold? Variations between planets are a given," Sauvik chimed in.

"No, you see, after meticulous research, hacking into their mainframe, and interrogating Selena – who cooperated willingly due to her apprehension toward you – we've discovered that around 1 million planets are under the direct or indirect rule of the Luminary Collective."

The numbers sent a collective ripple of tension through the room. Even Robin, who had anticipated a substantial number, found himself swallowing hard. As a millionaire, he was familiar with the enormity of a million. To now learn that there were 1 million planets within the galaxy, surpassing Earth, subject to a galactic empire was a staggering revelation.

"But that's not the crux of the matter. While the Luminary Collective maintains supremacy, their dominance stems from a unique method – details we'll explore later. The key reason we're focusing on Earth is due to the peculiarity of other galactic species. Have you noticed that every species we've encountered throughout our journey boasts bioluminescent attributes? The animals, avians, and even the intelligent Zorians exhibit patterns on their bodies that emit a glow. This phenomenon extends to the Luminary Collective and other planets as well."

"In essence, you're suggesting that we're outsiders within the galaxy, the actual minority," Robin mused.

"Yes. My understanding is that the galaxy's dark matter influences species' physical structures, engendering this luminous physiology in all galactic inhabitants. Dark matter's effects differ across galaxies, and the Milky Way has embraced this luminosity," Edmund expounded.

"But on Earth, only a handful of algae and insects display such characteristics. It's not as if humans possess a distinctive physiology differing from other Earthly species," Sauvik pointed out.

"Indeed, that's accurate. However, it's essential to consider that we lack full knowledge of Earth's current state and the rationale behind the massive region obscured from Luminary Collective detection. Their long-range life-detection sensors faltered when targeting Earth and its neighboring exoplanets," Edmund clarified.

"So, we're labeled invaders and outsiders due to our dissimilar appearance, stemming from the unlikelihood of humans like us thriving within their galaxy. Would that be correct?" Robin queried.

"Yes, you're correct," Edmund conceded.

"Perhaps the advanced civilization that granted you remarkable powers is accountable for Earth's distinctiveness?" Rita speculated, her thoughts mirrored by the others' nods. Robin, however, shook his head and voiced his dissent.

"No, the other civilization isn't the cause. Humanity's existence is a natural phenomenon, and if deviations persist, they must be attributed to other factors," Robin asserted, dismissing any notion of an external influence. This was, after all, a fabrication spun by him. Though the other's didn't know how Robin was s confident about it, but they didn't question.

"So, our task is to persuade them otherwise, highlighting the fact that we've been an integral part of this galaxy for thousands of years," Robin stated.

"To avert an all-out war, that's indeed our aim," Artanis affirmed.

"Moreover, we must uncover the reasons underpinning our distinctiveness. I briefly surveyed the systems during my historical research, and there was no evidence of any spacecraft resembling the one employed by the Russian Leader to escape."

"Eh?"

"What?"

"That spaceship wasn't affiliated with the Luminary Collective?"

The revelation stirred a collective sense of astonishment. The assumption that the Russian President had employed a craft from a local galactic civilization for his escape was now cast into doubt. This discovery introduced a new complication. The President, a prominent figure on everyone's mind, had been a subject of active pursuit. Post-war, Robin had been on the brink of issuing a galaxy-wide search warrant for the individual. However, this development presented a hurdle.

"Correct. Based on current knowledge, that design appears absent within the Milky Way galaxy," Edmund clarified.

"For now, let's set aside our internal disparities and focus on understanding the Luminary Collective's might," Robin instructed, leading the conversation in a different direction. The query elicited a smile from Edmund.

"Supreme Commander, your reaction will be a mixture of satisfaction and frustration," Edmund began.

"Oh, now you've piqued my interest. Do tell," Robin responded eagerly.

"The Luminary Collective's offensive spacecrafts aren't significantly more advanced than ours. In fact, the Protoss possess superior vessels, and with ample firepower, we could provide a formidable challenge. With strategic assistance from the Protoss, victory would almost be assured. It's puzzling, given the Luminary Collective's vast manpower across the galaxy, but there's intricate political maneuvering at play," Edmund explained.

"And the crux of this maneuvering lies in lifespans."

"You see, the Luminary Collective has prioritized biotechnology over military technology across the span of millions of years. They've devised a method to grant the Milky Way's inhabitants exceptionally long lifespans, extending up to 100,000 years. Families affiliated with the Luminary Collective even boast members with lifespans stretching into the millions. Their approach doesn't hinge on conquest through force. Instead, they offer planets prolonged lifespans, compelling these planets to willingly align themselves with the Luminary Collective. Who wouldn't desire an extended life?"

"In essence, it's the affluent who wield the power, shaping the narrative. However, isn't this sort of governance ultimately detrimental to the Luminary Collective?" Cathrin expressed her disapproval, dismayed that the wealthy wielded such dominance.

"Madam, you're mistaken once again," Edmund interjected.

"Mistaken? How so? Doesn't this system grant only the wealthy access to the extended lifespans while the less fortunate suffer?"

"You see.. They don't only give long lifespans to the rich, but they give to the poor to. For example, let's take Zorians, they have two sections of people. 60% of people that have longer lifespans and 40% of normal people who would die normally. This divides the society in essentially two sections. One who love the Luminary Collective and will fight for them and the other who hate the 60% for being privileged. The 60% doesn't only have rich but also poor and the middle class section of the society."

Announcement
Read 30 more chapters on my patreon
12