Business as usual
224 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Misao leaned gently against the leather of the seat. 

"I thought you knew everything about your prey or was that just a rumor?" a voice spoke. 

Misao clicked his tongue in annoyance. Figuring that the voice could only belong to one person he asked. "Why are you here Ryozo?" 

A low gravely chuckle was released from the man before he answered: "Your brother wanted me to bring you to his place so you could talk." 

Misao turned slightly to face the man, "There was no need I was on my way to see him." 

Ryozo nodded his head turning his grey eyes away. "You never answered my question," he said. 

"And what stupid ass question did you ask me?" Misao said with a smirk. 

Laughing out loudly the older man replied: "I asked was it just a rumor that you know everything about your prey?" 

This time it was Misao's turn to laugh "What makes you think I don't?" 

Ryozo replied: "From what I saw inside"

The wakagashiri (first lieutenant) stopped the man before he could finish. "You little bastard you were watching me again?" he asked. 

Before Ryozo could answer the car pulled in front of a high-rise. The two climbed out of the car and stood before the building made of steel. "I wasn't watching you, I was watching over you" Ryozo suddenly spoke raising his head to the sky. 

Misao turned his head to study the man beside him. He took a minute to analyze the man in front of him. The man was only a year older than him and his brother but he seemed much more mature. Placing his hands in his suit pockets he responded. "Save that sentimental shit for my brother, since he's the one you're trying to fuck." 

Disappearing inside the building he could hear Ryozo laughing. Before he could call for the elevator his phone buzzed, he retrieved it to find it was Ryozo. It read: "Not only fuck but also make him submit to me." Misao closed the message putting it back in his pocket. He turned towards the door to see Ryozo smiling devilishly. He whispered "Sick fuck" before turning back around.

Reaching the 20th floor Misao steps out of the elevator. He faced the grey toned steel door before pushing the bell. The intercom sprang to life "What's the password?" Hito asked through the speaker. 

Misao growled lowly before pushing the intercom to respond. "Open the door or I'll kick your ass." 

Hito's laughing voice could be heard as he immediately opened the door ushering his brother in. " Can't you speak nicer to your little brother you foul mouth bastard?" Hito asked with a grin. 

Misao stopped in his tracks not turning to speak but instead just stood. Hito could feel the immense anger coming off in waves from his brother. To quiet the boy's irritation he decided to change the subject. 

"Did you visit my sister-in-law today?" he asked with a chuckle. Misao began to walk again taking a seat at the marble island. He leaned over placing his elbows on the limestone interlocking his fingers. "I did, but that's none of your business." 

The younger brother rolled eyes releasing a short snort. "That's ok Ryozo will tell me what happened anyway," he said waving it off. 

Soon the energetic boy walked off only to return with a set of blueprints. He laid them onto the island before he spoke. "I figured out how to approach the target". 

The two finish discussing how Hito would go about disposing of the target before Misao decides it was time to leave. With his hand on the door, Hito stops his big brother to asks "His wife really paid for this hit huh?" 

Without turning around the other spoke: "If your husband ruthlessly beat you and your kids wouldn't you?" Not waiting for a reply Misao left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking into the club Misao could feel the stares of the others. The floor was littered with women and men who wanted to be ravaged by him, and men who envied and hated him but wouldn't dare make a move. The music passed through his veins as he made his way across the floor to an enclosed section. He removed his jacket as he sat down on the dark sectional. 

Slowly he surveyed the dance floor watching the entertainment. Out of the crowd, a familiar face appeared to his astonishment. He held the person's gaze until he was standing in front of him. The slender man's emerald eyes danced in the clubs lights as they landed on the other. Before he could speak Misao cut him off.

 "What are you doing here Yujiro?"

Needing time to think of a response that wouldn't get him killed Yujiro hesitated. 

"I'm just here trying to enjoy myself Misao," he answered before moving to take a seat. 

Before he could, one of Misao's shatei's (little brothers) stopped him in his tracks. Misao's narrowed his hazel eyes as they ran over the man in front of him. He questioned the other's motives for showing up there. Yujiro knew that this club; Club Indigo was owned by Misao so according to territory agreements it was off limits. No one came here to start shit or discuss business and everyone knew this, so why was he here. 

"Come on Misao chill I'm just here to relax that's all," Yujiro said as if waving the suspicions of the other away. 

Misao stood up grabbed his jacket and turned to leave. As he was passing Yujiro he paused and spoke loud enough for him to hear. "If you bring trouble into my solace I will rain death upon your world." He soon disappeared into the sea of swaying bodies.

 

6