Family Ties
139 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yumia stood in front of her window looking out into the garden. Her mind was racing a million miles thinking about the safety of her brothers. When she heard about the attack on Hito her heart stopped for a minute. Although she may seem cold-hearted and calm that was just a façade. In a world where men rule and make the rules, a woman leader has to be strong. Any show of weakness will allow danger to come in and she couldn't allow that. Hearing a knock on the door her thoughts were brought back to the present. 

Turning her head she answered: "You may enter." The door opened and in walked Misao, Hito, and Ryozo. Yumia watched as the three made their way to the leather couch against the wall. Her eyes examined Hito as he sat there with his arms crossed over his chest. Misao and Hito were identical twins in all physical characteristics but personality wise totally different. 

She worried if Hito was fit for this life but he always managed to convince her he could deal. Now as she saw him sitting between Misao and Ryozo her doubts were eating away at her again. Yumia took a deep breath and made her way over to the couch. She walked around to the back and draped her arms over, hugging Hito around his neck. "Are you ok?" she asked the younger. 

He raised his hands grabbing her own and answered: "Of course I am" he leaned his head back with a smile and replied. 

Yumia returned the smile but there was worry behind it. The Onna-Oyabun leaned down and placed a kiss on her brother's forehead leaving a light kiss stain. Hito released his sister's hands groaning trying to rub the stain off. Yumia laughed lightly removing her arms from him and making her way back to her desk. She eased down into her chair her stoic expression returning to her face. "So tell me what happened"

After Hito explained to everyone what happened Misao clenched his teeth. The room was deathly silent as no one spoke a word. The older twin opened and closed his hands trying desperately to calm his anger. He stood up walking over to the door. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Yumia asked in a monotone voice. 

Misao clenched his fists one more time hanging his head. "I'm going to slit all of their throats" Misao answered in a low tone. 

Ryozo jumped up to follow Misao: "I'm coming with you." 

As Misao began to open the door Yumia spoke: ”You take one step out that door and you'll have to deal with me." 

The two backed away from the door and stared at her. In disbelief, Misao exploded and screamed at his sister. "Are just going to let this stand?" he asked. "That muthafucker tried to kill our little brother!!" he continued. 

Yumia slammed her fist on the desk as she shot up from her seat. Fuming with anger she pointed her finger at her brother and shouted: "Watch your fucking tone with me!" she huffed. "I will take care of this, he will know that no one fucks with my little brothers." she finished furiously. 

Taking a deep breath she released it slowly as she fixed a single strand of hair that fell over her eyes. Taking another deep breath she calmly sat replacing her anger with her notorious smile. Misao and Ryozo walked silently away from the door and returned to the leather couch. Misao leaned forward placing his elbows on his knees burying his face into his hands. "That was too close of a call for me Yumia" he mumbled out between his fingers. 

Yumia sighed lightly "I know Miso me too" she answered as her eyes traveled over the three in front of her. Her hand reached out grabbing hold of her cell phone. Dialing a few numbers suddenly she said: "I want you here in 20 minutes" then ended the call. The three sat there staring at the Onna-Oyabun in confusion.

Yumia sat in her office alone, she had sent Hito to the family doctor. She made sure Misao and Ryozo went with him even though he protested continuously, spouting something along the lines "he could take care of himself". The older sister knew that he could, hell they all could. Their father made sure they were trained in Kenjutsu and Jittejutsu and weapons training. With all the training though it never stopped her from worrying about her little brother's. So now that one was attacked directly at the place he lays his head something had to be done. 

A knock resonated through her office. "Enter" she spoke out as she leaned back in her chair. Coming through a hidden door to her office in walked Yujiro. He walked in slowly seeing the Onna-Oyabun's eyes follow his pace. Her eyes never leaving his until he sat in front of her.

 "You heard what happened?" she asked the man. 

Crossing his legs he placed his elbow on his knee laying his chin on his palm. "I did" he answered. 

"So are we moving along with the plan?" he asked with a smirk. 

Yumia sighed heavily sitting up in her chair. "Why are helping me?" she asked in a serious tone. 

Yujiro laughed lightly adjusted his position before he spoke: "You know why my dear Onna-Oyabun." 

Raising her red painted lips into her deadly smile she responded: "Of course I do, did you think I would go into this blindly?" 

His emerald eyes gazed at her lips before looking back into her own. "No you never would" he finally answered. "Then why did you ask if you already knew" he finished. 

Drumming her fingernails on her desk she spoke: "Because if you lie about something so simple as your hate for your father then what else would you lie about?" 

Releasing another laugh Yujiro leaned forwards placing his hands on the desk in front of him. His stared deep into Yumia's eyes and responded: ”Then let's burn down his empire"

 

5