Blades of the Heart
155 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yumia's POV (Long Chapter)

After finishing all the details with Yujiro I went into my bedroom to change my Kimono. Removing the old one I took a minute to relish in the design of my full back tattoo. I traced the lines on the tiger as is climbed the snowcapped mountain. Receiving this tattoo was my right of passage into the leadership of this clan. I was now the Onna-Oyabun and it was my duty as a leader and the older sister to protect my little brothers and this clan. Taking my fresh kimono and wrapping it around me. I took a deep breath releasing it slowly I said a silent prayer and steeled my heart. I grabbed my katana and wakizashi (short sword) and walked out the door. 

As I walked down the stairs I see Misao whispering to someone on the phone. It's probably the boy he's been so obsessed with lately so I pay it no mind and continue walking. As I reach the kitchen I see my love sitting there with a warm cup of tea. 

"Kiyoshi I have to go out to take care of some business," I say to her as I place a light kiss on her cheek. 

She looks up at me without saying a word but offers me a small smile nodding in return. I look towards Misao once more catching his eye. He ends his call and makes his way over to me. 

"Are you ready?" he asks me in a strong tone. 

I remain silent for a second before I smile and began walking out of the door. When I reach outside lined in front of the compound were five blacked out SUV's. Four of the vehicles each held five of my clan member's waiting for my directions. 

I turned to them all gave them a slight nod before I spoke: "Tonight I want no casualties of our family. You eliminate this virus but you leave Arima Hiroshige for me." 

I hear them all agree with an "Hai" before moving to get into the vehicles. When I reached the SUV I'd be riding in; Misao opened my door for me. As we sat in the back without looking my way he asked: "Are you ok with Hito not being here?" 

Looking out my window I answered: "As much as I want to keep lying to myself, Hito isn't built for this life." Shifting my gaze I stare at Misao. "You and I are conditioned for this so we have to spare him." I turned back to stare out of the window. 

"I just don't think this is for you to decide Yumia" Misao replies back. I give no response as my thoughts are now buried in worry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arima Hiroshige's house sat at the bottom of a hill surrounded by a forest of tree's. The man had a top-notch security system with camera's, guards and guard dogs. When Yujiro first volunteered to cut the security system and turn off the cameras I thought it was an undoable challenge. That was until he told me he was also head of the security detail. As we arrived I called Yujiro quickly; "Are you in place?" He gave me an "Hai" and I quickly ended the call. I raised my arm gently waving my hand signaling them to move.

Everyone took off in different directions. As I was running swiftly to the side entrance of the house I saw a security camera. Staying in the shadows I see the red light shut off. The house lights suddenly shut off as well sending everyone in the house into a panic. I took this as my opening and began to move again. 

I opened the door slowly and I came across a guard who had his back towards me. I silently stalked towards him as I withdrew my Katana. He had his gun drawn turning to me. When it was fully focused on me I didn't give him a chance to pull the trigger. I raised my blade in a swift motion bringing it down across his hands slicing them clean off. His screams echoed throughout the house. Soon more cries of pain joined in a symphony of agony. 

Not staying to watch him crumble to his knees I took off again. I passed by the kitchen catching a glimpse of Ryozo snapping the neck of one of the guards. I returned my focus on the mission at hand. I needed to make it to Arima Hiroshige. I picked up speed only slowing down to slice and run my sword through the foolish guards who dared to stop me. 

I ran to turn a corner when I was stopped by a Giant man with a wide chest. 

"You will not go any further" he spoke to me. 

Stumbling back I gazed at him with a dull look. I sheathed my katana and stood face to face with the giant guard.

 "Remove yourself from my presence I have no time for games" I replied to the fool. 

He laughed at my words and began a full run towards me. I gave him one of my devious smiles and sidestepped him. Soon a shot rang out and the man's body dropped to the floor. I turned to see that the bullet had hit him right between his eyes. I knew where the shot came from so I just took off running again before leaving I yelled: "Thanks Miso."

All around me was chaos, screams, blood, severed limbs and darkness. This whole time I followed the layout of the house that Yujiro gave me. He told me that the back room is where his father would likely be. Coming across the giant wooden doors that were slightly ajar I stood there and readied my katana again. 

As I unsheathed the blade a voice rang out: "Don't just stand there like a scared bitch why don't you come to Onna-Oyabun." 

I snarled quietly using the toe of my Geta (wooden sandals) to kick the door open a little more. When I made my way inside the image I saw was shocking. Arima Hiroshige stood behind his desk with a quivering Yujiro in front of him as he held a knife to his son's throat.

 "We've been waiting for you" the older man spoke. 

I took a couple of steps closer to the two holding my katana positioning myself in my stance. 

"You dare to enter my house, wage war on me and use my disgrace of a son against me?" he spoke again. 

"But I didn't father, I would never betray you!" Yujiro screamed out. 

"Shut the fuck up!!" Hiroshige yelled back. 

I stared at the coward as his eyes filled with tears. Although he was showing signs of weakness I didn't want the man to die. 

"I was not the one who started this war. You sent your men to kill my brother now I'm just personally returning the favor" I replied gently with a smile. 

Without warning, Arima Hiroshige growled loudly and within a second I saw him drag his sword across the boy's neck slicing it open. Yujiro's eyes grew wide as blood spurted from his wound. His body dropped to the ground with a loud thud as his father let go. The head of the Chi no ame (Blood of Rain) clan laughed once again smiling towards me. 

"You piece of shit how could you kill your own son?!" I screamed at him. 

Pointing his blade at me he spoke: "He was trash a blemish on my name. My real heir will rise to take my place." 

I could listen to no more of his horrible words. I raised my katana and shot towards him. Bringing my blade down he evaded my attack. Shifting my stance again just in time to twist my body out of the way. His knife sliced through the sleeve of my Kimono. I drew my elbow back quickly connecting it with his jaw. He stumbles back grabbing the disconnected joint. 

I took off again drawing an upward slice towards his body. I caught the flesh of chest in my blade cutting it smoothly. He released a cry as blood began to drip from the cut. Stumbling back some more he tripped over his son's body and fell to his knees. As I raised my katana to deliver the deadly blow a shot rang out. I was caught in the shoulder by the projectile causing me to fall back slightly. This gave Hiroshige time enough to get to his feet and disappear into the trap door connected to his office.

Holding my injured shoulder I get up just to see the lights cut back on. At my feet laid Yujiro's lifeless body. Closing my eyes I said another silent prayer for his soul into the afterlife. I began walking my way to the front of the house when I heard Misao calling my name. I kept my pace and followed his voice until he found me.

 "You're hurt," he said grabbing my arm to help guide me. 

I held my wound tighter trying to help stop the bleeding. Finally making it to the front I stood before my clan and spoke: "Is everyone alright?" 

They all made noises of acknowledgment as I continued. "Good, Hiroshige managed to get away but he is fatally wounded”.

 One of my member's spoke up: "But Onna-Oyabun so are you." I shook my head trying to dispel their worried looks. "It's a through and through I'll be fine," I said with a smile. "Now let's go home"

 

4