Claws
142 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Good Deeds should be done quickly without hesitation

                                                                                                                  - Japanese Proverb

The next morning Misao woke to see Kinnojo asleep in his arms. The sun was glinting off on the boy's skin almost turning it translucent. Misao ran his fingers over the pearl colored skin leaving kisses where ever he touched. Waking out of his sleep Kinnojo rolled over and snuggled closer to Misao.

"Good morning Kitten, how did you sleep?" he asked as he kissed his head. Waiting for a reply he pulled the boy closer to him.

Kinnojo hummed in contentment and again snuggled closer to him. In an instant, he remembered that Misao was hurt and recoiled back. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry are you ok?" He asked touching the wound watching the eyes of his lover. In a panic he tried to get out of bed but was immediately was pulled back.

Laughing Misao sat up and asked: "Where are you going?" He sat Kinnojo on his lap wrapped his arms around his waist. He began to place kisses lightly on the back of the boy's neck.

"I was going to get you some pain medicine and new bandages," he mumbled out worriedly. He managed to turn around in the tight grasp and faced Miso. He took both his hands and placed them on the other's cheeks. "You're hurt, and you're bleeding. You can say you're fine but I know better." He said with a pout.

Releasing a low chuckle Misao raised his hand and ruffled the youngers hair. "I love that you're worried about me but Kitten I'm fine." He pecked Kinnojo's button nose then his lips. Pulling back he caught a pout on his kittens face. Misao laughed again responding: "I'm fine."

Kinnojo crossed his arms in front of him pouting even more now. "I think now it's the time to tell me how this happened," he said to man before him. Trying to look as stern as possible but all he managed to do was look even more adorable.

Misao nodded his head and began to speak. " Remember when I said to that I don't have a regular 9 to 5" he shifted his body as Kinnojo replied with a "yes". "It's more of a family business I should say. Due to my occupation, I was bound to get a scratch or two."

"A scratch or two? This bloody bandage says different!" Kinnojo answered

"Kitten compared to my other wounds it's just a scratch" Misao replied back again with a peck on the nose. He took a deep breath and released it before he began again. "In the Yakuza it's a common thing for us to get hurt."

Kinnojo's expression turned from cute pout to a confused kitten. "The Yakuza? You're part of the Yakuza?" he asked

"My whole family is: The Musashi's' is the head family in Northern Japan's Yakuza."

" My father was the leader but soon passed his position on to my sister" Leaning his back against the headboard he continued. "I and brother hold the positions of first lieutenant."

"So last night it was due to Yakuza business?" Kinnojo came out of his confused state and asked Misao.

"Yes" was all that Misao said back.

Kinnojo stayed quiet for a while before he asked. "Do you kill people?" Raising his crystal blue to meet Misao hazel ones he waited for the answer.

"I will never lie to you Kitten....Yes, we do." he brought his hands to the boy's cheeks. Silence blanketed the room once again. Misao blew out a frustrated sigh: Kitten do you want to go check on my sister with me"

"Why what happened to your sister?" he asked but soon asked another question. "She's hurt too?" he asked with a shock. 

With no answer from Misao Kinnojo got off his lap and went to get ready. Misao shook his head as he followed behind the sulking boy.

When the two made it to the family mansion Misao got out went around and opened the door for Kinnojo. The boy still held the pout on his face as he made his way up the mansion's stairs. He was ushered into the large house. Misao guided him towards his sister's office. Without knocking Misao walks in the room.

A small throwing knife buzzed passed Misao's head piercing the wooden grain. "I thought I told you to knock before you enter," An angry Yumia said to her brother. Seeing that he didn't come alone she replaced her anger with a sweet smile. "Ah, I'm sorry you had to see that. I was just trying to teach my brother manners."

Kinnojo was now hiding behind Misao peeking from behind the man's back. After hearing Yumia's explanation and seeing that he was not in danger he came out. He stood next to the tall man and watched as Yumia rolled his shoulder slightly. As the two conversated Kinnojo's mind wandered thinking about everything Misao told him. This lasted a while until he heard his name being said.

"Kinnojo....Kinnojo" Yumia kept saying trying to get the boys attention.

When his mind was once again focused he spoke: Why do you kill people? It's not normal to do that right? And you have both of your little brother's in this life. What type of sister are you?!"

Silence floated through the room until spoke: "Kitten watch your tongue. Please be respectful to my sister." Kinnojo crossed his arms pouting as he turned his head in refusal. He walked over and took a seat on the leather couch against the wall. Misao huffed in frustration walked over and sat as well.

Yumia smiled calmly before she spoke. " This family business for some is not a choice. For my brother's and I, it was," she said as she stood up and walked around her and sat on her desk. Her Kimono today held an accent of a sling that kept her arm immobilized due to her gunshot wound. "Yes there are a lot of unlawful things done in this business but there are some that are done with a purpose"

"What purpose could killing someone have!" Kinnojo screamed out.

Without raising her voice Yumia smiled again and asked: "Kinnojo have you ever been in a situation where you had no one to turn to?" " Where you had nowhere to go when things go bad?" " That's what we do we provide a place for people like this." Yumia rolled her shoulder one more time trying to relieve the pain. "A woman gets raped and she goes to the police. They don't believe her so now what does she do? She's scared out of her mind that it will happen again. And it does the man comes back and rapes her again. This time he also beats her within the inch of her life."

Reaching over she takes a sip of her tea and continues. "Her father comes to us worried for his daughter because the police have found out that her rapist is a high official in the Japanese government so they refuse to prosecute. He asks us to help his daughter. The next day a mother comes to us with a similar story about her daughter and the same government official. This time the daughter doesn't survive the attack and she dies. What do you think should be done?"

Kinnojo didn't have a reply he sat there dumbstruck thinking of what answer he could give. His mind was racing trying to understand what he had just heard. His sense of justice was battling with his morality.

"We don't deal in drugs, human trafficking, gun running or prostitution." She continued. "But I won't lie we do deal in the gray areas of life. There is no clear black and white in our world. We do the wrong things for the right reasons”.

5