Tears of the Soul
113 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Misao POV

"You need to come quick" was all I heard as I answered the phone. From the sound of Ryozo's voice I knew it was serious. My hand tensed as it held my baby boys's. Hearing the urgency in his tone I replied with a calm "ehn" before ending the call. I turned to look at Kinnojo and saw his worried eyes staring back. 

"Is everything alright Miso?" he asks as he took another taste of the pistachio ice cream he was enjoying. 

Currently we were on a date enjoying the mid autumn weather. I warned my kitten that ice cream would be to cold for this cool weather but he just promptly told me with a toothy grin "You have to fight the cold with something cold."

"I don't know love but we need to go back to the mansion" I answered the now anxious boy beside me. He nodded his head in understanding. Finishing his cone his gave me an "ok let's go" look.

As we got into the car I started the engine. On my console I pressed the button that allowed me to call Hito.

"I thought you were on a date why are you calling me?...Do you need the bird and the bees talk again?" He asked with a laugh.

When I didn't reply to his joke he automatically knew something was up. "What's wrong?" he asked quickly.

Without hesitation I told him to meet me at home.

Arriving at the family home I see the grounds were covered with our kyodai (big brothers) and shatei (little brothers) searching every inch of the place. I stepped out of my car going around to open the door for Kinnojo. Through all the commotion I could see that his anxiety has gotten a little worse. I grab his hand and squeeze a little tighter to take his mind off of what was happening. He looks up to me takes a deep breath releases it and then show me a small smile. As we make our way to the front door I pass my fathers car. I know if he's here something truly wrong.

"Misao!!" I turn to the voice calling me. Ryozo jogged up with furrowed brows. Before either one of us could speak Hito walked through the door.

"What the fuck is happening and why is father here?" He asked frantically. He walks over to the three of us with a questioning look. 

Ryozo no longer saw me as he walked over to Hito and pulled him into a tight hug. "It's Onna-Oyabun...she's... gone." He whispered but just enough for us to hear. 

My body froze; I was fridged in my bones. My muscles tensed as the sights and sounds of the room faded out of my senses. I was stuck in my thoughts until one faded voice brought me back.

"Iso...Miso...look at me"

My snapped towards the voice to see my kittens face. His beautiful face wasn't in focus. I blinked my eyes rapidly trying to bring myself around. Then suddenly a loud slap could be heard.

"Get the fuck off me Zo!!!" Hito had struggled his way out of Ryozo's grasp. Landing a smack to the grey eyed mans face he cursed. "Let me see my sister!!!" He screamed. "Let me see her...please...just" he pleaded as he fell to his knees. 

I took a deep breath pushing down my anger. I reached over and placed a kiss to my kittens temple inhaling his sweet scent allowing it to calm me down. "I need you to go with Shoto love" I told him pointing to one of my shatei. "I'll come and find you when I'm done" I finished. He understood my request giving me a light kiss before leaving. I was glad he didn't argue with me. I wouldn't want him to see what I had to do next.

I walked over to my now incoherent twin. I leaned down placing my hands on both sides of his cheeks. I lifted his face bringing his blank eyes to try and focus on me. "Miso will carry you." I tell him.

It's something I used to say to him when we were younger. Whenever he would fall down I would whisper these words. This time he wasn't the only one who has fallen. Now our whole family has; so I will carry them.

He said nothing causing me to sigh quietly giving him a small smile. "Take care of him" I tell Ryozo before hugging my little brother then leaving.

Walking towards my sisters bedroom I see two of our kyodai standing at her door. They acknowledge my arrival and step aside as I entered her room. When I walk in I see her body laying there lifeless. Next to her I see my father sitting holding her hand gently petting her hair. 

"Father..."

He turned to face me with tears in his eyes. "She was my baby girl." 

My heart tighter in my chest feeling like it was being squeezed of every drop of its blood. My anger was threatening to rise again. The nails of my fingers were digging their way into my palms as I tried to calm myself. 

He leaned over and placed a kiss on her forehead. He walked over and hugged me tightly. "I'm no longer the head of  this family; that was your sister." My father leaned back and spoke with intent: "Now that is you"

My father took one more look at my sister and turned to leave. As I watched him disappear out of the room Shiro the younger brother of Shoto walked through the door. 

"Forgive me Oyabun but we caught one of the bastards"

I leaned over my sister body kissing her now matted black hair . I brought the plain white sheet up covering her face. I placed a stoic look back on my face, turned to Shiro and spoke: "Take me to them"

As I passed through the walkway that connected to our great hall I stopped by Hito.

"I'm coming with you." He said leaving no room for argument.

I knew this would be harder than talking him out of seeing our sister in her present state. So with without another word I nodded in agreement. 

We reached the doors of the great hall and like twin telepathy we both pulled out our peal handled 45. The heavy oak doors opened revealing a room full of our brothers surround a man dressed in black tied to a chair.

Walking towards the man I felt all eyes on me waiting for my words. I stood in front of the man my face void of emotion. Placing the barrel of my gun between his eyes. " I'll ask only once, who did the hit on my sister?"

5