Saying Goodbye
106 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kinnojo stood in the kitchen taking timid sips of his coffee. His eyes were trained on his quiet lover as he sat there staring into space. Gripping the warm cup tighter he walked over to Misao's side and took a seat. The quiet man's eyes never left their point of focus. 

"Miso?" Kinnojo spoke lightly touching the others shoulder. He knew why his lover was acting this way. They were two hours away from laying Yumia to rest. Since they woke that morning Misao had barely said ten words. 

After what seemed like a lifetime Misao finally directed his hazel orbs towards his baby boy. "I'm sorry kitten did you say something?" He asked with a small smile. Placing his hand on the fragile one on his shoulder he brought it to his lips and kissed it gently.

Kinnojo returned the small smile; scooting closer he laid his head on the now vacant shoulder. "I was just wondering if you needed anything." He spoke now interlocking their fingers. 

Misao released a heavy sigh taking a minute to collect his thoughts before speaking. " I don't need anything but you here with me love." The answer came as convincing as he could muster. Without waiting for a reply he stood up pulling the boy with him. Tugging him closer to him he placed a small kiss on his nose. "We should leave now" he said to the boy.

A few hours later

"Father how are you?" Hito sat next to his father checking on him. Wrapping his arms around the aged man in a hug. He rubbed his back comforting him feeling silent tears soak into his jacket.

Heads of the 7 families of the northern Japanese Yakuza came to pay their respects. Surprisingly Arima Hiroshige dares to show his face as he walked through the Musashi home. The first to notice the man surrounded by his men was Ryozo.

"Get the fuck out of here now before I kill you!!" The grey eyed man whispered audibly to Hiroshige. Ryozo lunged for the man but was stopped by his four bodyguards. 

Hiroshige just stood there and with a smirk painted across his lips. He wrapped a protective arm around his bandaged wound narrowing his eyes. "I know we had our little differences but the loss of Onna-Oyabun is a huge blow for us all." Hiroshige responded trying to sound grief stricken. He leaned a little closer and whispered: "So let me pay my respects to the family before I end the entire Musashi blood line" he finished with another smirk.

Pulling himself away from Ryozo he immediately felt cold steel pressed against the back of his head. He stood there dead still, his breathing becoming shallow. His eyes grew in size as they darted around in panic.

Ryozo pushed one of the men away from him quickly landing a right hook to the mans face. Raising his gaze up he locked eyes with Hito. He walked over by his side and stood.

Hito planted his feet with his hand on the trigger. Biting his lower lip he shook his head.

"You dare to disrespect my sisters life, her legacy, our family and our home by showing your face here?" A cold low voice echoed through the now quiet home. Coming into view Misao  calmly walked down the hall. The room of people parted like the Red Sea as he came closer to the group. Stopping right next to Hito he placed his hands into his pockets.

Hiroshige regained his composure telling his men to stand down. Smiling slightly he answered: "I decided to put all our problems aside Misao I wanted to show nothing but respect." He finished slowly turning around to face the new Oyabun. "I also wanted to offer any type of help that I could."

The trio just stood there watching how the head of the Chi no ame (Blood of Rain) family played the innocent role. It was disgusting how well he did it. This made Hito want to pull the trigger even more. 

Misao stalked closer to Hiroshige his hands still in his pockets. The sleeves of his white dress shirt rolled up to his elbows. The veins in his arms bulging as his hands flexed and tightened in his pockets. Finally he calmed himself enough to speak: "That's very big of you Arima so you wouldn't have a problem helping me find the bastard that killed my sister then." He said with a stone face.

With a rigid jaw Hiroshige tightened his grip on his waist. He felt his wound began to ache worse now. He stared into Misao's hazel eyes trying to pick up on where he was going with this. "I would be honored to help you Oyabun." He agreed not wanting to seem suspicious. 

Misao instructed Hito to lower his gun. As the Chi no ame clan relaid their condolences the trio's eyes never left them. When they were finished and left the house Misao went off on his own. 

He walked into Yumia's room closing the door behind him. He rested his body against the door taking in a deep breath. Releasing it slowly he turned leaning his head against the solid oak barrier. In a fit of rage he began to throw punches at the door. His bruised knuckles splitting open as blood trickled from the cuts. Each rapid hit leaving its bloody mark. He screamed every time his fist made contact.

Sinking down to his knees as his fist slid down the door. He silently asked: "Why!? Why did you have to leave." Sitting on his heels he brought his bloody hands to his eyes and started to cry. "What are we supposed to do?"

In the middle of his cries a knock interrupts him. Standing up he cleans his face and opens the door. Standing there was Kinnojo with a worried look on his face. The blue eyed boy see's the tear stains streak his lovers face. Kinnojo rushes in wrapping his arms around Misao's waist. He buried his face in the older mans chest listening to his erratic breathing. 

"You don't have to say goodbye because she's still here." Kinnojo said breaking the silence. Pulling back from the hug he took his index finger and pointed to Misao's heart. "She's here; all your memories, favorite moments, laughs, smiles and hugs...are here"

Misao put his arms around his kitten and drew him close. He placed his face in the crook of the boys neck inhaling his scent. He calmed his aching heart smiling a bit. "Thank you" he whispers. 

 

6