Sake Dreams (Part 1)
115 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter ran a little long so I had to break it into 3 parts

Kinnojo's POV

I wasn't sure why I was nervous. It's not the first time I was having a meal with Misao's father. It's just that now at this very moment I sat next to my quiet lover as he talked to his father Musashi Motoichi. 

"I just can't get over how much my son has changed" Motoichi gushed as he stared at Misao. Raising his cup to take a sip of sake he smiled brightly.

Misao sighed heavily at his father's words. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm still the same person I've always been." he finished gulping down his portion of sake.

Motoichi laughed brightly "I see; so you're still the mean sourpuss that you've always been just sweeter with little Kino here," he said pointing my way.

Misao clicked his tongue in annoyance as I held a hand to my mouth trying to stifle my laughter. The attempt proved to be useless as I released a light chuckle. Miso's head turned at the sound of my laugh, his eyes immediately softened.

Wrapping me into a tight hug he whispered into my ear: "I love how your eyes shine whenever you smile." he kissed the shell of my ear. "But if you keep this up we'll be skipping dinner" he spoke suddenly nipping at my now redden earlobe. 

My giggles were quickly quieted down pushing myself slightly from his grasp. I hung my head low trying my best not to catch the eyes of the all-knowing elder before me. Adjusting my myself in my seat I cleared my throat as I picked up the menu to hide my embarrassment. I lowered the list of delicious dishes to take a peek at Motoichi. That was a mistake because he smiled at me acknowledging that he saw our little interaction. Instantly I brought the menu back to its position of hiding my crimson cheeks. When the waiter came to our table Miso and I began to order our food but was stopped.

"We should wait for our last guests before we order." the elder announced to the table. Smiling he waved his hand singling for the waiter to come back later. 

"Were you waiting for us Oyabun?" a female voice spoke interrupting us.

I scowled to myself at the familiar sound uttered from that woman's mouth. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that Misao and I both wore matching frowns. I think Motoichi missed our very evident dislike of this woman joining us. I watched him smile as he greeted her and the mystery man. 

"I'm sorry we're late the traffic was unbelievable," Michiko said while sitting next to Motoichi. 

I noticed how she didn't even acknowledge my presence. Her words were aimed at Misao only. That didn't matter to me much because I was busy trying to get the intense gaze of the mystery man off of me. 

Misao ignored the way she ogled him suddenly finding the menu more important. "It doesn't matter I didn't know you were coming anyway"

I watched as her mouth dropped in shock. I giggled to myself as her face turned red. Michiko said nothing else but decided her menu was now more interesting as well. 

"Now, Now you two that is no way for friends to act towards each other" Motoichi said reprimanding the two. Turning towards the mystery man beside him he spoke: "I'm very glad to see you as well Shizuna it's been a while." 

So the man who can't keep his eyes to himself is named Shizuna. He doesn't say much because all he did was smile at Motoichi's words and turned his emerald orbs in my direction again. Feeling uncomfortable my hand reached out to hold Misao's. When it found its target to my surprise Misao brought our clasped hands to his lips and kissed the back of my hand. I melted in my seat letting the blush take over my cheeks. Like the jealous witch she is, Michiko sent me a heated glare. I rolled my eyes placing our hands on the table for the witch to see. The waiter returned and we ordered our dishes and of course more sake. 

Through the whole meal, I didn't say much because I was still feeling uncomfortable. Shizuna's gaze never left me even while he ate. It was creepy, like the girl from the ring creepy. To give me some space from the disturbing atmosphere I excused myself and went to the bathroom. Finishing my business I left the restroom feeling a little better. 

Suddenly I was grabbed by the waist and twirled around; my back hitting against the wall. "It seems as if the big bad wolf has caught him a defensive little bunny" Shizuna leaned in and whispered into my ear. He ran his nose along the side of my face. Jolting my thoughts back into the present I pushed him off of me.

"This little bunny will make the big bad wolf his bitch if you touch me again" I spit as I began to walk away. He grabbed my wrists tightly pulling me back into his grasp. He pushed my back against the wall again. Raising my now bruised wrists above my head.

He leaned in once more. "That pretty little mouth of yours says some of the most despicable things" he brought his hand to my face trailing his finger along my lips. "Maybe I should fill it-

Before he could finish his entire body was snatched away. My eyes widened in shock as his back collided with the opposite wall. I fell to my knees as I watched Misao rain down punch after punch on Shizuna's body and face. Misao gave the mans limp body a strong kick ending his assault. He turned to me with a wild look in his hazel eyes.

"I-I tried I really tried" I shouted out.

Misao said nothing as he grabbed my hand and lead me pass our table. I listened as Motoichi called for us as we left the restaurant.

5