Chapter 46
5k 3 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Listening to Sango, the team accepted his words more because they trusted him and his abilities than anything else.

“Is it safe to pass through?” Ino walked closer to the ‘barrier’ looking at is as if trying to see what it was hiding.

“Yea, although I can’t say what will happen after we pass through.” Sango replied to Ino, he wasn’t conceited enough to make assumptions without evidence, so he was truthful with his words.

“I will go first, then you follow when I tell you.” Having understood that nothing more would be gained if they waited more, Sango offered to break the ice by going first.

Seeing as Kurenai was about to argue, he spoke first. “Don’t worry, I’m doing this because I’m confident in running.” He didn’t say that just to reassure her, nor was he taking risk for nothing, he was confident in his words.

Kurenai knew he was right, but she was still worried.

“I know…” Nonetheless she had to agree with him since she couldn’t let personal feelings dictate her decisions, he was indeed most suited for this role.

“I don’t like this.” Thinking the conversation over, they didn’t expect Sakura to intervene. She looked worried and unwilling to let Sango go. In his mind he was smiling wryly as she looked like a wife sending her husband of to war.

Sango felt warmth seeing her openly display her care for him, walking towards her he gently ruffled her hair and smiled. “Don’t worry, I will be fine.” he said soothingly.

He turned with her back to Sakura and took one of his hidden knifes in his hand. That was the reason he has confident in escaping danger, a new ninjutsu using the Flying Thunder God Jutsu as base. The only ones knowing about it were the members of Team 0, it goes without saying that they didn’t believe he would succeed when he told them what he was trying to do, and to be fair he didn’t succeed, at least not fully.

He threw the knife at the stone wall opposite the ‘barrier’, the knife pierced the hard rock like butter. From the handle of the knife a nearly invisible string was connected to his hand, taking another knife, he connected his end of the string to its handle and threw it through the barrier. The knife pierced through unobstructed and embedded itself in the stone wall.

Looking at his work he nodded satisfied. The completed technique would permit him to create an area by setting up knifes and strings like just now, only many more and in a spherical shape, this way he would be able to teleport freely and continuously in that area. It was different than Naruto’s father’s, Minato’s own version which enabled him to teleport to any locations he placed a marked kunai at, but in no way inferior.

The idea was very ambitious and the difficulty of the jutsu’s creation was relative to its strength. He still had ways to go before it would be completed, for now he could only teleport along the string and he had to be in contact with it for that to be feasible, not to forget that before he could use chakra strings he had to use the limiting strings bought in the village. Still, he knew it was only a matter of time and a bit of luck before he completed the ideal form of the jutsu he envisioned.

“All set, I’m going.” Touching the string, he walked while keeping in contact it with, he could have teleported directly to the other side but doing that wont help him experience what passing through the barrier felt like and if it posed any danger, after all the girls couldn’t teleport like him.

Infusing his chakra through the string he felt something obstructing the flow right as it passed through the barrier, not completely blocking it but only applying resistance to the flow. Sango increased the amount of chakra to try and bruteforce its passage, under the high quantity of chakra the string turned turquoise and began to vibrate slightly. That was only one of the shortcomings of using those strings, it couldn’t withstand high-purity high-quantity chakra passing through, it was very limiting and hard to use.

After he increased the quantity of chakra, the barrier was no longer able to apply any kind of resistance to its flow, that meaning he could freely use his original, yet-to-be-named, jutsu.

Passing through the barrier was easy, other than slight discomfort at having the chakra in his body briefly disturbed, nothing else happened.

The chapter isn't long enough for me to give it a title, so yeah, enjoy!

Join my discord server! Do it! We can discuss all our ideas and suggestions there!

https://discord.gg/Yn5RmJn

If you like this story and want to support me please check my P.A.T.R.E.O.N! Thanks!
http://bit.ly/2OpSkb3

66