Chapter 40 – Travel
5.8k 10 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sky became orange with the setting sky, Team 0 was waiting at the village’s gates for Kurenai to finish inspecting their equipment.

“Good, everything is in order.” Finishing checking their gear, Kurenai walked in front of the group and turned towards them.

“From now on you are no longer beginners, much is expected of you.” She said with a serious tone, “This mission will also be a test to see if you are ready to advance further, so remember your training and everything will be fine. But most of all, be safe and don’t take unnecessary risks.” As she said the last part, her eyes focused on Sango.

“Yes!” The four Gennin answered in unison, they were excited for their first mission and that could be understood.

“Very well then, let’s depart.” Taking the lead, Kurenai began walking outside the village, Sango speed up and began walking by her side. Sakura, Ino and Hinata fell in line behind them, they chatted with each other. The introvert Hinata opened up to them slowly as they spent much time together completing various quests, that gave the three girls more vitality.

“And you see…” With their voices as background, Sango focused on the now. He felt all the knives hidden on his body and excitement bubbled from within him. In total he hid 23 knifes on his body, excluding those he had on his belt, those weapons gave his range a total boost, the use for them were limitless. If he could combine some of the ideas that he found in the Scroll of Seals with his knifes, then he would become a nightmare for all his enemies.

“Hmm hm hmmm hm hmm…” Sango was awakened by the sound of Kurenai humming a nice melody, her mood looked rather good.

“Has anything good happened?” Sango asked Kurenai.

“Hmm… more or less.” She replied mysteriously.

Since she didn’t intend to explain he didn’t push, since it was a good thing then all was fine.

What he didn’t know was that it wasn’t only one thing that made her happy but a collection of many things. To be more precise, she was happy about them, the whole Team 0 was becoming more and more like family. Their growth as shinobi and as people was dazzling.

They walked for a good while and night was long since reigning the sky, only the bright moon and stars gave the group enough light to see their steps.

“Kurenai big sister?” From behind Sango, the quiet voice of Sakura was heard.

“Hmm? What is it?” Kurenai answered back, half listening to Sakura.

“Why did we leave at sunset?” Her answer was well put, the others were also curious about that.

“Because you have to get used to be moving at such hours. A shinobi will mostly be active at night in the cover of the darkness.” Hearing her answers, the girls nodded understanding, only Sango had a wry smile. He also knew that a big reason was because she just liked night, something Sango agreed with, the darkness gave him a sense of privacy and security.

They continued their travel in relative silence, since they didn’t sleep during the day they were showing signs of tiredness. Despite that they continued until early morning when Kurenai stopped.

“Let’s set camp here.” Her words relieved the girls who were already very tired, but her next words splashed some cold water on their heads. “Who wants to keep first watch?”

“What!?” Their faces showed despair, but Sango intervened.

“I will take first watch.” He said.

“Thank you! You are the best!” He was suddenly embraced by Sakura and Ino, that was a nice reward. Despite the years he spent in this new world, Sango had yet to forget his training. Staying up days at a time was hardly a challenge and he was used to function with little sleep.

It was decided that after Sango will be Sakura’s turn then Ino and Hinata lastly.

As soon as they set camp the girls fell asleep, only Sango and Kurenai were left.

“You are too easy on them.” Kurenai spoke while sitting with Sango beside the fire.

Sango only replied with a wry smile.

“So, which one of them you like?” Her next words made him happy he wasn’t drinking anything, or he may have spent the fire.

“W-what do you mean?” He asked, feigning ignorance.

“You know what I mean. You can tell big sister.” She smiled at him.

Feeling rather cornered he felt like messing with her a little.

“What makes you think I like one of them?” He said while smiling at her meaningfully.

Time to really begin the story, since most of the 'prologue' is now done we can go to the meat of the fruit. I know all of you want to get to where the tittle of the novel indicates, maybe I have been to rash with that choice, maybe, but I think not. You will see what I mean.

Join my discord server! Do it! We can discuss all our ideas and suggestions there!

https://discord.gg/Yn5RmJn

If you like this story and want to support me please check my P.A.T.R.E.O.N! Thanks!
http://bit.ly/2OpSkb3

89