Chapter 48 – Ambush Part 2
4.4k 6 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But his intentions had nothing to do with Sango, he didn’t need to wait for him to kill himself.

Paying attention to your opponent’s movements and state of mind during a clash would always pay off, so Sango believed. His ample well of experience could guarantee that.

There was resolve on the man’s face at that moment and his unnatural movement of the jaw was more than enough of a clue to understand what the man was trying to do in his desperate situation.

Maybe some would say that such decisive and definitive action was praiseworthy, but Sango wasn’t impressed by him. Giving one’s life for a cause may sound nice, but in the end that was only the easiest choice, however strange that may seem. Maybe the man feared the means that may be used on him to get the information out of him, but that also didn’t matter to Sango. In the end taking one’s life meant giving up trying, and in the end, it resolved nothing.

With his hands and foot restricted, his movements were greatly restrained so he was unable to move out of the way when Sango made a sudden move. His jaw got caught by Sango’s strong hand.

Sango wasn’t the type to go easy on his enemy, so the strength he used to block his jaw brought great pain to the man as more than one tooth got broken. The sharp pain of having his teeth broken made him unable to think for a short moment, in that time Sango moved his head downwards so the contents of his mouth would fall on the ground.

Seeing the black and small pill between the blood and teeth on the ground, Sango spoke in a cold voice “Too bad for you.” The man shivered despite there not being cold.

Behind the man, Kurenai surged slowly from the ground, her abilities permitted her to move through surfaces. In other words, she was able to attack from unexpected directions, for example from the ground or a tree or the ceiling. Her ability proved effective against their current opponent, although it was thanks to their immaculate teamwork that it worked so well in the end.

From the beginning to the end of the fight only seconds passed. Sakura, Ino and Hinata were just recovering from the shock of what they saw. They were unable to react fast enough to be of help in that situation.

Sango smiled at Kurenai “That was perfect timing.” He praised her.

Kurenai smiled wryly “Compared to you it isn’t worth mentioning.” She meant her words; she may have reacted fast, but Sango had almost no lag in his reaction time and she admired that.

He shook his head “I trusted you to react quickly and you did better.” He wasn’t praising her needlessly, Kurenai was where he wanted her to be, when he needed her. Having someone you could trust this much was a wonderful feeling for him.

Her face brightened and she smiled, “Thank you, but it seems we don’t have time for chatting.” She turned towards the depths of the cave and raised her guard. “Girls! Get in position.” She shouted, not caring anymore for stealth.

Having been called, Ino, Hinata and Sakura woke up from their daze and hurried to their side understanding that the situation was becoming increasingly dangerous.

Hinata and Sakura were to the left and right of Ino respectively, but slightly behind, guarding her. Ino was behind Kurenai and looked at Sango who was still holding onto the unconscious man.

“They will be here soon, what should we do with him?” He raised the man with just one of his hands as to show who he was speaking about, displaying an impressive amount of raw power.

“We can’t worry about him for now.” Kurenai’s reply left for Sango the choice of how to handle that, she trusted in him making the best choice.

Sango looked at the face of the man he was holding and pondered, he would have very much liked to kill him dead, but it may be difficult to capture another one of them since the man he caught was ready to kill himself when escape became impossible. The others may be even more difficult to caught once they saw their comrade’s state.

“You are lucky, I guess.” Looking into the man’s eyes, he spoke emotionlessly, although it may look strange to the prisoner since Sango had his eyes closed.

Since the man was unable to resist, Sango sent a wave of chakra into his head. If not carefully done, such a thing could easily kill an unresisting test subject, but since it was Sango doing it there was slight chance of that. Having his senses overloaded by the chakra, the man’s body became limp, but he didn’t know that what Sango did wasn’t limited to making him lose consciousness.

Sango let go of the man and he fell to the ground, it would take long for him to awaken and even after that he wouldn’t be able to use chakra again.

“Hinata, can you see now?” Since they were all beyond the barrier obstructing her Byakugan, Sango asked her that.

Hello dear reader, I'm here with another chapter of NSS!

So what am I doing? Trying to find a flight back home... I got 4 flights cancelled but one way or another I will find a way. My country's policy seems to be "If you are outside the country then R.I.P we can only send you our best regards" I did not expect less anyway. 

I really cant wait to get back home so I can begin writing full time, then I will be able to be present on all platforms all day to interact with you readers. I want to write write write. My writing time has became less and less as you have seen, that is because I began working with almost no dayoff so even when I get back home i'm too tired to do much. I already gave my resignation letter so 25th is my last day of work, yay!

Join my discord server! Do it! We can discuss all our ideas and suggestions there!

https://discord.gg/Yn5RmJn

If you like this story and want to support me please check my P.A.T.R.E.O.N! Thanks!
http://bit.ly/2OpSkb3

63