Chapter 38 – Missions
6.1k 5 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It looks like we need more training.” Kurenai said, “We need to work on the basics again.

“What?!” Came the displeased voice of Sakura.

“Why?!” Next was Ino.

Hinata said nothing and Sango was the same.

“You don’t look satisfied, but that is how things are.” Kurenai said while staring down the girls, “Your training is better than that of the other kids your age, but you still can’t skip the normal order of improving as a shinobi. “Kurenai followed to look into the girl’s eyes and continued. “Don’t worry, I don’t mean our training will begin a new, but that we will follow the other teams with the completion of low ranked mission and we’ll make our way up slowly, in other words we won’t begin with high ranked missions even if your strength meets the criteria.”

The girls looked relieved as Kurenai explained, they didn’t want to start training from the beginning again since they believed to have mastered the basics.

“We understand, so we will begin today?” Sango took control of the conversation; he knew very well what the girls thought so he spoke for all.

Kurenai turned to Sango who was still held tightly by Sakura and Ino.

“How long will you stay attached to him?” Kurenai said with a cold expression, “Do you think this is the time for that?” Having said so, he looked coldly at the girls who got scared and let go of his arms.

“S-sorry!” They exclaimed, not meeting Kurenai’s gaze.

Kurenai knew that she had been a bit harsh but seeing them so attached to Sango made her unhappy for some reason.

“Good.” She said, her expression changing back to a smile as if nothing happened.

“We will begin undertaking rank D missions for a period of time, then we will make our way up the ranks slowly.” Looking warmly at Sango, she explained calmly. “I know it may seem boring, and it will be, but I believe we need to grow step by step.”

Listening seriously, the girls were not entirely convinced but they chose not to say anything as they believed in Kurenai.

“All right, enough talking.” Ending the explanation there, Kurenai clapped her hands once. “It is tradition to be given the first mission by the Hokage himself, so let’s go!” Hearing Kurenai’s words, the girls became more enthusiastic about the whole situation.

In the Hokage’s office.

Sango was looking at the Hokage sitting behind his desk. From last time he saw him the Hokage seemed to have aged a lot, he looked thinner and less lively than he remembered. He could more ore less understand what brought such change to the old man.

“Good to see you.” The Hokage put on a smile as he spoke.

“Lord Hokage!” They all bowed slightly to the old man; such action wasn’t requested of them, but it showed the respect they had towards him. Sango was an exception, he bowed just because the others bowed or else, he would stand out. Sango didn’t dislike the old man, there had been no reason for such, but he also didn’t respect him.

“Haha, lift your head, there is no need for that.” The old man spoke warmly. Following his words, they returned to a standard posture, waiting for the Hokage to speak.

“Time has passed, you are now grown and ready for your first mission.” He slowly spoke, “I’m sure you would like to show the fruits of your years of training, but everything must start from the ground. I’m fully aware of your capabilities, but despite that you must start from where everyone starts.” The Hokage took a folded piece of paper from a drawer and placed it on the desk. “This is a rank D mission, in the future you will complete many such quests, all because there are lessons to be learned even from the most menial of tasks.” Pushing the folded paper towards the group, he continued to speak. “I look forward to your growth!”

Kurenai walked forward and took the piece of paper, “Thank you, Lord Hokage!” The group, excluding Kurenai, shouted in unison.

Leaving the Hokage’s office, the group left to complete their first mission.

[Rank D Mission: Find Madam Shijimi’s cat, Tora. Reward 10,000 ryo.]

Sango was holding in his laughing, that cat must be very good at escaping he thought.

“What happened, Sango?” Seeing the strange expression on Sango’s face, Kurenai asked curiously.

“No, nothing.” He suppressed the smile that wanted to creep up on his face, but the corner of his lips still twitched periodically. That was a first for him.

They completed several such Rank D missions, many of which had to do with a certain cat. It was indeed boring work, but they came in contact with many different kinds of people. Ino and Sakura didn’t complain anymore, and they gave it all for every task.

Sango mastered the equipment of the laboratory but he had yet to begin any projects there, first he needed more money and to complete the building of his house, it was now the right time to publish his next book using the fame of the first one for an even better income.

The next volume was called [Chakra and its application in combat for dummies V. 1]

It contained new ideas and ways to use chakra in the most optimal way. It didn’t contain all of his best knowledge but only what he deemed necessary to share.

Sango packed the finished book for when Kurenai came to deliver it to the Hokage.

Hi readers, I want to thank Travis for becoming a patron and supporting this fanfic!

Those days I have been writing first chapters for many novels, I always get new ideas and I want to put them in words, I have been doing this for some time and they have amassed. I have read some of the first I wrote years ago but I can no longer remember what most of them were intended to become.

Anyway, have a good read!

Join my discord server! Do it! We can discuss all our ideas and suggestions there!

https://discord.gg/MD52q2

If you like this story and want to support me please check my P.A.T.R.E.O.N! Thanks!
http://bit.ly/2OpSkb3

96