Epilogue – A Pony of the Earth
432 8 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Neigh!

Epilogue - A Pony of the Earth

[ - May 15, 2021 - 4:45pm - ]

 

“Sunny!” Helen calls from the kitchen, “It’s time!”

 

I nicker in response, and nudge the book I’d been reading while kneeling on my bed closed with a hoof. 

 

I find myself smiling inside and out, as I turn my head around and unclip the seat belt buckle on my saddlebag with a boop from my snout. It’s been a week since we got our magical transitions via enchanted plushie, and we’ve put that time to good use.

 

As she’d predicted, Helen’s family had come around and accepted her as the pony girl that she is with only a little bit of freaking out. That happened on Monday, and Tuesday my parents also took things in the same pleasant but very unexpected direction: complete acceptance. 

 

They’d realized I really was their child after many scrutinizing questions, and both of them had been so shocked that I was trans they didn’t even care (much) about the magical nature of my transition or my equine attributes. Apparently some of their close friends had had their trans kid run away not too long ago, and rather than support their adult friends my parents had both read more into the subject and taken the child’s side. They had both been quite prepared to accept me with open arms, once they knew my truth. And being part pony was so on brand for me that they hadn’t even batted an eye when I told them I never wanted to go back to my old body.

 

My folks had insisted that I keep a close eye on the plushie, especially while in pony form, but that’s something I already wanted to work on anyway. I nose inside my makeshift denim saddlebags that I’d fashioned from a few old pairs of jeans that no longer fit me, and take hold of the small plastic clip on the back of my plushie with my teeth. I remove it from the saddlebag and place it down on the bed, then place a forehoof on it.

 

I neigh quietly, and stare at the cover of the book I’d been reading for a few seconds. It’s titled A Witch’s Guide To Wildcraft by JD Walker, something I’d picked up in one of our recent runs on local bookstores and libraries with supernatural-leaning sections. Helen had been serious about pursuing the mechanics behind our plushies’ magic, and she’d ended up getting me interested in the occult scene of our world as well with all the research she was doing.

 

I twist onto my belly and tug the rather heavy saddlebags off of me, then I stand up and quickly dress myself in the cute pink skirt and green blouse combo I’d been wearing earlier. Of the two of us, I definitely enjoyed spending time in my equine form more, and did so at every opportunity, especially while I was in my own apartment. Helen had only changed into her pony self a few times since that first day, but I get the sense that she enjoys the times she does change at least.

 

One thing that I’d noticed early on is I am much, much stronger both in pony form and in human form than I’m used to. I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep up the level of fitness necessary to maintain this strength in the long run, but it is something that gives me a strangely strong sense of gender euphoria. I love being a short fat girl with pony ears who can literally sweep other folks off their feet and into a kiss. 

 

That happens to be something I’m getting good practice in doing, because Helen and I have been friends with benefits since the third night after our transformations. And maybe we were heading towards dating? I really couldn’t tell, but I could hope. This past week has felt like a year, with how much has changed and how radically different my whole worldview has become. I’ve spent hours and hours reading up on feminism, trans theory, and similar topics. I’ve been confronting my own biases left and right, and it’s exhausting, but rewarding, work. 

 

I walk out into the hallway and pause to give Byte some scritchies. 

 

“Sunny?” Helen calls from the door to the hallway ahead of me, “You’re sure taking your time huh, strong pony?”

 

I grin and stand back up to my full height. “Just had to change back to girl form and get dressed,” I explain.

 

“Uh-huh, I know, you’ve done this for nearly all our meals since we found the plushies,” Helen replies, giving me a smile and a raised eyebrow.

 

“Being a pony is nice,” I say a bit defensively, walking towards her.

 

“I know sweet heart, and I want you to be able to be a pony as much as you want. I’m just anxious about tonight, sorry,” she replies, opening up her arms and embracing me as I step forward and hug her.

 

“Oh, right,” I say into the top of her hair. Tonight we’d be dining with her family, namely her dad and her sibling, who’d already gotten their own plushie a few days back. They’d decided on the name Hex for now, and asked us to use they/them pronouns for them. 

 

I hadn’t forgotten about the dinner, but I also hadn’t expected Helen to be super anxious about it. I’d thought for the most part things were good with her dad and sib. I pull back from our hug.

 

“What’s making you anxious?” I ask.

 

She sighs, and lets her arms drop away from my waist. “My dad and I are having a bit of a disagreement at the moment. You could say I’ve been doing some secret advertising on local trans forums about the instant magical transitions available you-know-where, and he got wind of it because he read my email, which is just a huge no no in my book.”

 

“Oof yeah, that’s awful,” I say emphatically, choosing to focus on the more pressing side of that reveal. “Are you sure you still want to talk to him tonight after something like that?”

“He has shown he’s capable of change,” she says with a sigh. “What with accepting Hex and I’s new names and pronouns and trying his damndest with both of us, I feel like I owe him another chance at least. I know I don’t but... well, at least he promised he won’t ever do it again. That was new.”

 

I nodded slowly. “I just hope this really is the last time,” I say solemnly.

 

“I’m determined that it will be the last time I accept this bullshit without breaking off our relationship, that’s for sure,” Hel says, “I’ve already changed all my passwords so hopefully he won’t be able to access anything even if he tries.”

 

“Good,” I say, satisfied.

 

“And how’s your reading going, cutie?” Helen asks. 

 

I blush at being called a cutie, I don’t think that will ever get old. “It’s going well, I’m just reading up on plant magic,” I say.

 

She grins. “You really are a pony of the earth, aren’t you?” she asks playfully.

 

I pause for a moment, processing that. It’s the truth, aside from that initial disappointment I haven’t really missed having a horn or wings. I love the enhanced strength I get out of the deal, and I love the way both my bodies look. A Pony of the Earth might not have been my initial pick, but I kinda think it’s what I needed.

 

“You know what yeah,” I say with a smile, “I guess I am, and I’m really happy with that.” 

 

Helen smiles. “Good, now we’d better hurry up or we’re going to be late for dinner.”

---

We arrive at the fancy restaurant Hel’s Dad picked, and are shown to a table where Helen’s family is already seated. We’re right on time, so I try to quell my anxiety about being the last ones here.

 

Hex has pitch black hair with a crimson red fringe, as well as two floppy fluffy orange and black splotched foxhound ears. Their plushie is a brown, black and white foxhound dog, and their human form now has the floppy ears and the short but excitable tail.

 

“Hey sis, hi Sunny!” Hex says as I sit down across the table from them. Hel takes the other seat beside me across from her dad. 

 

“Hi Hex, Hello Mr. Burnly,” I say pleasantly. It still feels so weird to hear other people calling me Sunny, but it’s a really good kind of weird.

 

“Please call me Jacob,” Jacob says, “It’s so good to see you both again so soon!”

 

“It’s wonderful to see you both as well,” Helen says with a smile. 

 

The last time we’d seen them was when Hex had gone to get their plushie. Helen and I had taken them alone to the grocery store and gotten the foxhound, but Hex decided to let their dad know about their magical transition plans before they tried to figure out the magic word for their plushie. So we’d gone to their house and I’d been introduced to Jacob.

 

“So are you two dating yet?” Hex asks with a wide grin.

 

“Hex! You cannot just say things like that!” Jacob scolds.

 

I blush brightly and glance at Hel to find her looking similarly taken aback. 

 

“Uhm, no, not yet,” I say.

 

“Aww,” Hex says, looking suitably chastised, “Sorry for the awkward question.” 

 

“It’s okay Hex, we both really like each other,” Helen says, “but these things can take time. Sunny and I want to get to know each other better first, before we go labeling our relationship.”

 

“And I think that’s a very smart and mature decision, though you do have my blessing either way,” Jacob says with an easygoing smile.

 

“Thanks dad,” Helen says gratefully.

 

The waiter comes by and takes our order, with each of us choosing a different type of their specialty sandwiches and going with just water to drink.

 

"So Sunny, have you decided what you're going to do with yourself yet?" Helen's dad asks.

 

"Dad!" Helen hisses.

 

"It's okay Hel," I say, then I turn to address Jacob. "My parents have agreed to keep funding my education so that's good, and I quit my job but I'll be looking for another one soon. Hopefully one that won't make me as miserable as this last one did."

 

"Excellent!" Jacob says, "I wish you all the luck with the new job and with school!" Then he turns to address Helen. "I  apologize for bringing work talk up during dinner," he says sincerely.

 

"Thank you for apologizing," Helen says.

 

"Of course," her dad replies.

 

We spend the rest of the evening chatting about topics like school, our personal projects, and the weather. I’m looking forward to earning my computer science degree with a minor in information security, and Hel’s a CS student as well looking to specialize in artificial intelligence. The both of us go to school downtown, I in my third year and Helen in her fourth. Hex is in their final year in high school and without a clear idea of what they want to do, other than follow their sister into computer science. Jacob talks a little bit about his job as a carpenter, telling some lighthearted stories that poke fun at a few of his clients. 

 

When we’re all finished eating we take maybe half an hour to talk and enjoy each other’s company. Until at last we bid Jacob and Hex a good night and walk out into the brisk May air to our car. 

 

“Well, that went about as well as could be expected I think,” Hel says once we’re on the way home. 

 

“Yeah,” I agree, “That was a nice night.” I let out a big yawn as I finish speaking.

 

“Aw, is somepony sleepy?” Hel asks with a teasing smile.

 

“Yeah, shut up,” I say softly, yawning again, “I’m still gonna stay up and finish my book.”

 

Helen laughs as she makes a wide left turn. “We’ll see about that cutie.”

 

When we get back to my apartment, which Helen is also semi-living in at this point, I find an excuse to strip and neigh at my plushie the first chance I get. I trot back to my bedroom and hop up on the bed in the same spot I’d been in before dinner. Thankfully Byte hasn’t touched my book, so I flip it open to where I’d been and start reading. 

 

Helen comes into the bedroom after washing up in the bathroom, and ends up lying with her back propped against the headboard of my bed. She picks up her book from the nightstand while I shuffle over and sprawl myself across her legs, still reading my book. 

 

Together we just exist for a time. A pony girl and her pony. Happy, and content.

End of 

Epilogue - A Pony of the Earth

 

 

Like this story and want to read more like it? And/or want to support the authors? You can find us on patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/thekyliecovensystem
Extra chapters, other stories that we're working on, notes, and other goodies are available to patrons!
 
 

35