Chapter 51
269 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is official. Being a good big brother for a teenage girl suck. Right now, all Hiroyuki wants to do is just strangle Kuroo to death for trying to steal his little sister. But the sting gaze from Kiyoko is enough for him to hold himself back to do what he wants, or so he thought before.

However, looking at the grin on Kuroo's face or the little blush from Kiyoko whenever their eyes meet gives him enough reason to beat Kuroo to death. So, when the morning training is over and all of the players are going to take a rest, Hiroyuki decided to have a word with his junior.

“Kuroo, a word please.” Kuroo who has just finished his morning training and wanted to take a rest with his teammates gulped when he saw Hiroyuki’s glare at him.

“S-Sure Yuki-senpai.” They stayed at the court while Kuroo’s teammates just looked at them in confusion. When Nekoma’s court is empty, Hiroyuki took a deep breath and started to speak,

“So, Kuroo, please give me one reason why I shouldn’t beat you to death for stealing my sister?” Kuroo could only let out a sheepish chuckle at what Hiroyuki said.

“Well, we are still just a friend, and I haven’t done anything to her yet.” Hiroyuki narrowed his answer at Kuroo’s answer. He noticed the ‘still’ and ‘yet’ words in Kuroo’s answer.

“So you mean to tell me you have the plan to become more than just a friend with Kiyoko?” Seeing the grin on Kuroo’s face as he tried to act innocent, Hiroyuki couldn’t help but hit his head.

“Ouch!!”

“What the hell, Senpai! I haven’t done anything yet!” He rubbed his head that got hit by Hiroyuki.

“That was for thinking about doing anything to my sister.” Then, Hiroyuki got serious. “While I promised Kiyoko that I would not interfere with her love life, if I caught a wind that you make her sad, I will make you suffer. You still remember how a vindictive person I am, right?”

Kuroo nodded his head vigorously, clearly terrified by the threat. He still remembers when his senpai filled the desk of one of his teachers with a lot of porn magazines and perverted stuffs for a month that resulted in bad rumors surrounding the teacher. His senpai did that just because he found out the teacher was harassing Nekoma’s captain for girl volleyball. Until now, he has never figured out how did his senpai manage to pull that stunt. At the end of the month, the headmaster of Nekoma had to take action by transferring the teacher to another school to save Nekoma’s reputation.

There were more of Hiroyuki’s victims in Nekoma. And the scariest part is, everyone knows it was Hiroyuki who did that since Hiroyuki would threaten the victim first, but nobody could give proof that it is him who is the one to blame. Honestly, a lot of people were kinda glad when Hiroyuki graduated. His revenge touched the nerves of almost all of the people in Nekoma. That is why when he heard the threat from Hiroyuki, Kuroo knows he is on the line for his senpai’s next victims, so he better not push his luck and just do whatever his senpai wants.

“Good.” Hiroyuki nodded, satisfied with Kuroo’s reaction. “I still don’t know what did Kiyoko see in you. Hell, I don’t even know how you get to know each other.” He scowled in frustration.

“Oh, if that was what made you frustrated, I can give you the answer,” Kuroo’s mood suddenly shifted from nervous and terrified to cheerful one. “I saw Kiyoko-san’s name in the last mock-up test from Tohoku University. I confirmed it to Kiyoko-san when we played against each other before the interhigh.” Hiroyuki scoffed a little at Kuroo’s answer.

“Let me guess, you have a better result than my sister and decided to tease her as revenge toward me as your score was not as high as mine last year, right?”

“Aaaww… You know me so well, Yuki-senpai!” Kuroo’s cheerful answer seems like a mock for Hiroyuki. “But, well.. That was the time when we started to talk more. By the way, she is still sulking that I have the better score even though I spent most of my time on the court.” Hiroyuki could only sigh at Kuroo’s smug smile.

“I don’t even know that you want to enter Tohoku University. I thought you want to be a volleyball player like Bokuto?” He asked, trying to change the topic.

“That is what you and everyone guessed. But no, I don’t really want to be a player. I want to be someone who can help the players spread their wings and go further in their careers. I want to be their agent.”

His answer surprised Hiroyuki. “Really? What gives?” While he knew from the Haikyuu manga that Kuroo will work on that line, he is still curious about his reason. However, Kuroo didn’t give him a straight answer. Instead, he just smiles mysteriously.

“Fine.” Hiroyuki scowled in annoyance. “If you don’t want to tell the reason, save it for yourself. But you better treat my sister well, okay? You do that, and we will not have a problem.” While he is still curious, Hiroyuki knows that Kuroo will be more annoying if someone pushes him when he didn’t want to talk about something.

“Of course, Yuki-senpai! I wouldn’t dare.”

“Yuki-nii! What are you doing here?” Kiyoko’s voice snapped their attention. When Hiroyuki turned around, he could see Kiyoko looking at him with narrowed eyes and hands on her hips.

“So, what are you doing here?” The displeasure tone from Kiyoko makes Hiroyuki gulped for a little.

“Well, if you really want to know, we just talk about volleyball. Isn’t that right, Kuroo?” He nudged Kuroo for support.

“He is right, Kiyoko-san. We just talk about Nekoma.” Kuroo gives her an innocent smile that managed to convince Kiyoko.

“If you say so, Kuroo-kun.” Hiroyuki sighed in relief as Kiyoko didn’t catch a wind about him threatening Kuroo. But his sigh immediately turned into an annoyed scowl as he saw the mischievous smile from Kuroo.

“Oh, it is Kuroo-kun, and not Tetsuro-san now, Kiyoko-san?” Hiroyuki smacked Kuroo’s back as he saw Kiyoko’s flustered face.

“Ouch! What the hell, Yuki-senpai!”

“No flirting around me, please.”

“Y-Yuki-nii!!” Kiyoko’s face got redder than before that Hiroyuki was afraid she would faint. However, he knows that she is alright, so he decided to ignore her and turned his attention back to Kuroo.

“Just remember what I said before, okay?” Satisfied with Kuroo’s nervous reaction, Hiroyuki turned around to Kiyoko once again.

“So, why are you here, Kiyo-chan?”

“You forgot that you promised coach Ukai to give the boys evaluation on our last day, right?” Seeing the sheepish look from his brother, Kiyoko could only sigh in exasperation.

“Well, let’s go!” She grabbed her brother to go to another court. But before they left, she turned around to see Kuroo once again.

“See you later, Kuroo-kun.” And then, she left quickly with Hiroyuki, leaving the dumbfounded Kuroo alone on the court.

-------------------------------------------------

“This is the last day I will be on this team.” Hiroyuki started speaking as he saw all of the Karasuno members sit and look at him eagerly. “And as I promised, I will give you my honest evaluation.” He paused, thinking about what to say next.

“I will start with the third years.” Sawamura, Sugawara, and Azumane straightened their sit. “Sawamura, as the backbone of the team, you managed to hold your teammate’s spirit to survive until today. Your leadership is on top of the notch. And your game is incredible. As the all-arounder in this team, you might not improve as much as the others. But without you, this team would not be able to go this far. You are a great captain.” Sawamura nodded gratefully at Hiroyuki.

“Sugawara. I know volleyball is not your choice of career in the future. But seeing your intelligence on the court, your technique, your communication skill, with all of that, you are capable enough to be the setter of any team in the national tournament.” Sugawara’s ears get redder as he heard the praise. However, Hiroyuki is not over.

“You have to be braver, though.” He lets his word sink into the setter’s head. “When you are under the pressure of the opponent’s blocker, you would only trust Azumane or Tanaka for the last spike. You need to trust your other teammates on the clutch time. Learn from Kageyama. Be creative, be unpredictable.”

Hiroyuki didn’t wait for the setter’s response and turned around to the ace.

“Playing against the best blocker helps you a lot, huh?” He smirked when he looked at Azumane. He knew that the ace went for another game with Hinata, Tsukishima, Bokuto, Akaashi, and Kuroo every night.

“Well, between you, Sugawara, and Sawamura, you are the one who improved the most. Your defense is getting better, your spike is getting harder, and your serve is getting deadlier than before. Playing against Kuroo and the other elite blocker is also helping you to get creative in front of the blocker. Adding with the nasty delay spike you developed, you are getting closer to Bokuto’s level.” He paused, looking at Azumane.

“You remember our last conversation about your ideal ace?” Azumane nodded. “Be proud, because you are acting more like an ace is supposed to be. Now, give your 110 % for the team so you can leave the team with no regret.”

-------------------------

Author note:

You can also read:

- Transmigrated Into Anime World as Kiyoko Shimizu's Older Brother up to chapter 61

You can read all of it at my Patreon account, pat_reon.com/zwolf1 (Without '_') Thank you for your support! :)

10