Chapter Five, “Crushed”
372 9 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
WARNING! There is a tiny amount of gore in this chapter! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

[Gained title 'Legacy of the Kriegsmarine']

[Gained title 'Pirate']

...

What? I'm a pirate now? I did not plunder anything, I just broke a few relics...

Also, I gained the Legacy of the Kriegsmarine? Why did I gain that? Was it because I just engaged in naval battle? 

Oh well, that's not important, I have somehow gained 25 levels from defeating that fleet. I should attack large fleets more often. (no matter the affiliation.)

Some of the Abilities are certainly... Interesting. But I'll save those for later.

I think first, I should get the ability 'Scout plane' because having a better detection range is most needed.

[Purchased ability 'Scout Plane']

I now have the best method of Detection!

I still only have 30 ability points left... I think I should buy 'Stealth'.

Having great detection, and being undetected would be powerful!

[Purchased ability' Stealth']

I do see some abilities that could go great with stealth but I only have 10 ability points remaining... Maintenance is definitely a must!

[Purchased ability 'Maintenance']

I now have 6 hmmm. what to buy, what to buy.

I know! I'll get Magicka batteries! that way I can store more Magicka than just the amount I have!

[Purchased ability 'Magicka batteries']

I only have 1 point left. Since I spent all my points there's no point in saving just one, so I'll buy 'Horn' so I scare the shit out of those stupid little organisms! I just hope they're not "shitting" on my deck...

[Purchased ability 'Horn']

I am now, Empty of all my ability points... for now!

I do want to save up some of my points so I can purchase the abilities, camouflage, clean kill, and stealth kill.

As camouflage will allow me to blend in with my surrounding, more specifically, the water, to make it more difficult to spot me. Clean kill lets me do double damage if the target is in full condition. And stealth kill allows me to do double damage if I am undetected.

If I can get all of these abilities, hunting will be much faster and more ammo efficient.

***

After Eugen had its spending spree, it used its Magicka to fill up its scout plane with fuel and ammo which includes bombs, as a result of this both its Fuel factory, and Munitions factory abilities leveled up.

Since it still had most of its Magicka, it filled its racks of all auxiliary rounds Including its AA and AAA. It still had some Magicka after, so he decided to use it for stealth.

It was now ready, it launched its scout plane and activated its stealth.

***

I am Observing the surroundings of my scout plane, from my scout plane's point of view for about three hours, My scout is heading forward of me.

While that was happening, about two hours ago my Magicka recovery and stealth both leveled up from continuous use. My stealth uses just under the amount of Magicka I produce, so My magicka has slowly recharged.

I am quite bored I wish something would show up... I should have gotten that Radio & Speaker ability, maybe I could be talking to someone right now.

Oh, would ya look at that! I can see a single... WOODEN ship?! Why are all the ships made of wood? Well anyways, it's being attacked by a Demonic shark, looks just like the one I killed a few hours ago.

Oh, and it's a lot bigger... Well, I hope it gives a lot more levels! Even better If I can get over there in time, there's a ship just begging to be sunk!

I immediately sail to my max speed, as I'm quite far away.

[Ability 'Propulsion' has leveled up (Level 2)]

Well, that's cool. My max speed increases to 72 kilometers an hour, so that's why my max speed is higher.

My scout plane is much closer to the target, it is equipped with bombs and 20-millimeter cannons.

So I'll drop the bombs on the ship, sink it before the monster does, and then I'll engage the monster with my cannons and slow down, as to lure it in my direction.

I then proceed with the plan. My plane is at 1,000 meters, so I aim my nose 7 degrees up and fly till I am at 2,000 meters. My plane reaches the target. I fly high above my target, and turn off my engines to not increase speed as much as I am about to.

At an altitude of 2,000 meters, my plane dives straight down, at my target.

I'm not as fast when I was cruising, since I bled a good amount of it climbing, and I turned my engine off. I am now only 600 meters above my target, I release my bombs, and I immediately pull up and reengage my engine.

Both of the bombs hit my target right in the middle of his deck. I don't know how, but my 50-kilogram bombs blew the ship in half...

Now that I look at the ship it is significantly smaller than the ones I fought earlier.

Oh yeah, and it's made of WOOD!

Anyways, I'm getting distracted, I then turn my plane to the monster and open fire. My burst doesn't last long, as this plane's cannons only hold 120 rounds, but it did its job, the monster has lost interest in the now sinking wooden ship and is now following the aircraft.

I slow the aircraft down to 200 kilometers an hour, and somehow, the monster is nearly keeping up.

This bastard is way faster than the last guy.

[Ability 'Stealth' has leveled up (Level 3)]

[Ability 'Magicka recovery' has leveled up (Level 3)]

My aircraft had traveled about 130 kilometers in the past 3 hours, so reuniting with it would take a while. especially since it is flying a lot slower, I also have to keep the monster interested so I can get within firing range.

After loading a single shell into one of my main armaments, I fire as far as I can, which is about 18 kilometers.

That's a bit further than I remember, but it's probably some magic stuff that is influencing it.

So I produce 20, 203-millimeter rounds, and load the two front turrets, of course, all of my auxiliary guns are loaded.

[Ability 'Auto-loading' has leveled up (Level 1)]

Oh, that's sweet, I wanna see has fast my reload is at level 10, I hope it's like 1 second reload, that would be powerful. Imagine what I could do with that type of firepower!

Anyway, I'm getting distracted... AGAIN!

in only a minute, it covered 3 kilometers! Thank goodness for this radar and sonar ability, or I wouldn't even be able to see the bastard.

But how will I even hit him if he hides underwater? He moves really fast so if he figures out what the depth charges are, he'll just swim away.

They are not mines and will blow up after sinking to a certain depth.

Well, I just hope that I get lucky.

***

After an hour or two, the monster is approaching gun range. It already entered my detection range, so coordinating between the two should make hitting an underwater enemy a lot easier.

I take aim, and my turrets slightly rotate and the barrels adjust only by a little. It may not seem like much, but at long distances, it can mean the difference between life and death.

Finally, it enters my firing range. Without any hesitation, I fire my cannons. I hope they can still hit it despite it being underwater.

I decided to count how long it takes to reach the target. After a whole 19 seconds, there is a splash in the water, and a second later the water is thrown into the air. At least one of my shells must have hit, I don't know.

I couldn't even get a good look at the thing from my scout plane.

The only thing I can see from my scout plane is a literal, pool of blood. And if I look close enough, I can see pink chunks of flesh, rise to the surface.

Despite taking on what can only be assumed, a fatal injury, the monster has only sped up... By a lot...

The beast is now right under my water plane, I wonder what it's going to do, I doubt it can jump 100 meters in the air...

And it seems like the thing is actually going to try and jump for my plane. It aims its nose down and descends about 100 meters, and it then started its ascend, gaining some speed.

Of course, it can't make this jump, that's a 100-meter jump! Its own weight will pull it back down to the earth before it can even reach halfway.

All of a sudden, the beast jumps out of the water at shocking speeds. Before Eugen could even realize it, its scout plane had been grabbed and crushed with the loud noise of metal scratching and scraping in and against itself.

The only thing Eugen thought at that moment was...

"Oh, dear..."

Should I give the plane its own status? Of course, I don't mean making it sentient, I just mean a status for the plane that the protagonist's sentience extends to. Also, I can't seem to figure out how to make a poll...

9