Chapter Three : Furious Song Wu
390 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Song Wu woke up with a faint pain in her skull, as if she had been whacked over the head with a rod, but she was in her room so why was she on the floor?

"Chen Ning you bastard!" The memories of last night came back at once and she leapt up and took a sword from her spacial ring, wanting to stab this bastard and saw the person in question opening their eyes and giving her an impatient stare.

"I was sleeping! Sleeping! Let me sleep, your bed isn't half bad, but it's not as good as my old one." 'Chen Ning' turned over and pulled the blanket over his head and ignored Song Wu.

"I'll make you remember your place!" Song Wu, fueled by anger as she was, remembered that although they were a fake couple, Chen Ning was still her husband in name so she redirected the blade and placed it near his neck.

"Get off my bed now!" Song Wu had never felt so angry! She came back from the academy and found Chen Ning in her bed. She couldn't even get payback before she was knocked out and now she was being ignored?!

"Find another one. The Song Family is wealthy, so buy another house and find another bed. Works perfectly as I don't have to move." 'Chen Ning' shrugged, ignoring her sword by 'his' neck and snuggling deeper into the sheets.

"You!" Although she and Chen Ning were married, she had always been the dominant one, and now she was being treated like air. She didn't understand how she had been knocked unconscious last night but her anger was too great.

She kicked 'Chen Ning' off the bed, and with Chen Ning's absence of cultivation, Yi Xinya felt herself falling and hit the ground. Before, when Song Wu acted last night, she had seen it and changed forms in time, but without seeing the attack, she was helpless.

"Ah! Damn you you shrew!" Yi Xinya howled while cradling her arm. She landed awkwardly and her arm was now numb. Song Wu heard 'Chen Ning' and wanted to slap him but then 'Chen Ning' jumped up and a pale light flashed.

When it cleared, 'Chen Ning' was gone and the person standing there made the world lose it's beauty. Long snow white hair that reached her knees, a pale blue right eye and a golden left eye with snowflake shaped pupils. Flawless skin and clothes that looked as if they were worth more than the entire Song Family were on her body.

"I have never seen such an unreasonable person." The woman spoke and her voice was soft like snow, but also very cold. Song Wu couldn't feel her cultivation but her presence was definitely beyond hers.

"Who are you?!" Song Wu said, trying to keep fear out of her voice. The woman gave her a look as if deliberating in whether to answer and then pointed behind Song Wu.

"I get the bed and I can answer your questions if I feel like it." The woman gave Song Wu a glance and seeing no protest, she nodded and then walked past Song Wu, carrying a scent as pristine and clear as a snow lotus.

"Ask." The woman sat down and positioned herself so she was comfortable and then nodded to Song Wu. Song Wu licked her lips and spoke in a low voice.

"Who are you? Where's Chen Ning?!" Although she didn't care much about Chen Ning, as a wife, she didn't want her husband to have died without her even knowing it.

"I'm Yi Xinya. As for Chen Ning, you can say he died." Yi Xinya shrugged and Song Wu felt her heart tighten. If she had killed Chen Ning, she was here with bad intentions, but if she attacked, she'd undoubtedly die.

"How much are they paying you? I can double it." Song Wu spoke, her voice cracking slightly and saw Yi Xinya's perfectly shaped left eyebrow rise in confusion. Was she not paid then?

"Ah?! You think I'm here to assassinate you? You're literally a Qi Gathering Second Stage weakling, who would pay me for that? Even killing the City Lord is too cheap for me." Yi Xinya shook her head.

"Then why did Chen Ning die?" She felt a bit of relief but didn't fully believe this Yi Xinya. If she wasn't here to kill, why did she kill Chen Ning without anyone knowing?

"He looked at me with lustful eyes so I killed him." Yi Xinya shrugged and didn't expect Song Wu to shake her head bitterly. Although Song Wu didn't like Chen Ning, she knew his character and even if this beauty was speaking the truth, Chen Ning wasn't like that.

"You're lying. Chen Ning isn't like that." Song Wu said angrily but Yi Xinya shrugged and then lay down on her side, facing Song Wu and smiled, the world losing its brilliance even more.

"Perhaps not to you, but aren't I better looking than you? If you wish to compare me with you, please take that into account." Yi Xinya said cooly and Song Wu felt bitter but had to admit she was right, this woman could be said to be an immortal in appearance.

"Oh, it seems you want to cry? Aren't you emotionally weak?" Yi Xinya said when Song Wu's eyes turned blurry. Even if she didn't like him much, she knew Chen Ning and realized he would be alive if not for her marrying him.

"Okay enough." Yi Xinya clapped her hands lightly and Song Wu's Qi in her body which had been accumulating in order to attack vanished. Song Wu stared and realized she couldn't hope to win, and not even the City Lord could either.

"Relax crazy woman, Chen Ning is alive. To be honest, I didn't think you'd care though. You always did look like a little doll." Yi Xinya placed her chin on her hand and gave Song Wu a glance.

"As for where? You can say I'm Chen Ning?" Yi Xinya didn't need to hide this because it wasn't important. Song Wu stared in confusion until Yi Xinya elaborated.

"Let's just say, I was asleep and Chen Ning was a small miniscule piece of my soul, I woke up and re-absorbed it back. While I don't really like you, I did have fun with your expressions." Yi Xinya chuckled in amusement.

"You could be lying to m-" Song Wu felt a soft and cool hand covering her lips and realized Yi Xinya was standing right in front of her. Yi Xinya peered into her eyes and then stepped back.

"No need to lie, I can kill you just as easily. I don't care if you believe it or not. Song Wu, since I woke up here, I at most just want to laze around, so do me a favor and don't cause trouble, okay?" Yi Xinya brushed her thumb across Song Wu's lips and wiped a trail of saliva from them and blew on it, causing it to turn to ice and then evaporate.

5