Chapter 13 – Catgirl has a dream
1.6k 2 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lizz has already fallen asleep. You give her nose a little smooch, rest your head besides her chest, and close your eyes too. You are expecting to have a wonderful dream, especially after all those wonderful things that happened to you tonight.

However, as soon as you open your eyes again.

The freezing cold makes you shiver. You hug yourself, unable to process what is going on.

And from somewhere far behind you, the wind is howling.

Ehh?

You look around.

The world has been turned into white.

“What… is this nya?” 

You are now in a place surrounded by thorny vines made of ice, and as you remember Lizz’s story...

“Wait… isn’t this… the Northern Lands nya?”

Lizz mentioned a place of everwinter called the Northern Lands. And somewhere in this place, there was a path blocked by icy vines. And that was where the other Felicia went into many, many years ago.

"So, is this the same place nya?" You wonder. 

Everything is so similar to that story.

But the question is, you were with Lizz in her cozy room just seconds ago, so why are you here now?

You need an answer, and standing still doesn’t do anything. Thus, you move forward, and try to touch the ice. The ground rumbles as your hand makes contact with the vines. You can hear crackling sounds, and then a path opens. The vines slowly move out of your way, the wind slightly pushes you forward. Something is lighting up the path, inviting you.

Should… you go in?

Gulp…

Of course.

You inhale deeply, take a step forward, and as soon as you enter, the vines behind you move again to seal the path shut. You are now in this icy tunnel, and there are many colorful light orbs swarming around, showing you the way.

You move along, through a long, cold tunnel. Somehow, the orbs of light bring warmth. You don’t feel cold anymore.

And then, you finally arrive.

There she is.

“Woaaaah….” you exclaim…

So Lizz was right, she is too stunning. 

Yes, there is a beautiful catgirl in a torn rosy dress, sitting on the ground, leaning forwards and holding on her rapier sword. But… her body is now enclosed inside a giant icy crystal. You estimate it to be at least a few meters thick.

Is she alive? That's the question.

She still has that light inside her eyes, she still has that glow on her skin. You know, things that living beings have.

But… you don’t know. You don’t see any movement. There is no breathing. You put your ears onto the crystal, trying to spy on the inside, but there is no heartbeat too. 

Meanwhile, the most fascinating thing to you is… that the blood on her body is still red. You can see her wounds, clearly, like the fight just happened minutes ago. One wing is missing, and there are many parts on her body burned by fire.

It’s just like… at this moment, time has stopped, but just for her.

You then have a look at the rapier. 

It’s so long and beautiful.

The handle is made of gold, while the blade is transparent, just like the ice. There is some writing on it, some kind of runic symbols that you know you can’t read.

But somehow, you still try to read it.

There is no way… you can read it… right?

But the names just magically appear inside your mind, like how you would recall your favorite book that you have read a million times.

There are eight words. each represents a different name: Uphius, Avlelteet, Ezaartey, Ruburs, Strofaar, Dariana, Strof, and Zreo

And as soon as you speak the last name, all the words light up. They change their shapes, merging together to form a single word…

“Ah!” You exclaim. “So that is your name nya!” 

But as soon as you say it out loud, you open your eyes.

Lizz is right beside you, looking at you with her loving eyes.

“Good morning,” she smiles, and kisses your nose. “How was your sleep, Felicia?”


63