Chapter 16 – Catgirl sees some new animals
1.6k 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just a light hearted chapter, hope you don't mind it.

After the conversation with Cleo, Lizz wanted to show you her town, so you went outside with her. Your white hair and blue eyes are quite troublesome though, since they have the potential to attract unwanted attention. Knowing that, Lizz prepared a big hooded cloak for you. It should be able to hide your hair and ears. And also, a mask, to hide your beautiful blue eyes.

“Urrghhh… at this rate, I’m going to have vitamin deficiency nya…” 

As you walk around the town, you complain about your new ‘vampire friendly’’ outfit. The sky is so clear and the sun is shining bright today, so you would love to get at least a few minutes of sunlight.  

“Huh? What is a vitamin?” Lizz asks, as she has absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. “is that a new type of magic? Or element?”

“Ah, just… just think of it as a power from the sun nya,” and you try to explain about vitamin D. “If you get enough sun time, your skin will be healthy and strong, and you will be free of diseases nya…”

But of course, too much of the sun can lead to cancer, which you don’t really want.

“Pfff!” Lizz then chuckles. “What are you saying? Haha, are you trying to become plants?”

“Plants??? What gives you that idea nya?”

“Isn’t it so? Only plants get nutrition from the sun, you silly! At this rate, I think you're gonna grow a few leaves on your head soon!”

“Hey, I’m telling the truth nya! WAit… what the meow is that nya!?”

You then point at a rather interesting creature. It is quite big, the size of a pig. But it has more fur and two really, really big horns. After snacking on a cabbage, it burps, then makes some really weird sounds.

Chuuuuurrrrrr~~~~

“Oh, that’s a chupal!” Lizz answers.

“What? So this is the chupal nya?”

Ah, so that explains the taste. It’s literally a fusion of a pig and a buffalo! 

 “But this is not the one you ate though. The ones giving meat actually live in the woods!”

“Woah!” you exclaim. “So what’s the difference between the two nya?” 

You are now, for some reason, very interested in this particular subject.

“Okay,” Lizz then explains. “So, these guys you are seeing right here are smaller, domesticated ones. People let them out so they can clean the street by eating scraps. They will literally eat anything. But that also means eating poop and stuff. So that’s why people don’t eat them. But the ones in the woods, they mainly munch on berries and plants, and that’s why their meat is so tasty!”

“Ooooh!” So you have learned something new today. “And what about that guy?” you then point at a funny looking chicken.

It looks like chicken, but has no wings!

“No way! That’s a chekin!” Lizz then stares at you like you are some kind of suspicious person. “Seriously, you don’t know about that too?”

“Of… of course I know what a chekin is… nyehehe” you say while averting your eyes to avoid that stare.

“Then,” Lizz now points at another animal. “Answer me, do you know what that is?”

Oh no, you have absolutely no idea what this cute little furry friend is. But based on the previous naming logic of this world…

Chicken… chekin…

“That’s… a god, nya?”

“No! That’s a dog!” Lizz says and raises her hands, extending her claws. “I knew it! You are just messing with me!”  

Seeing that, you run!

“Aaaa! Help!!! Lizz is trying to kill me nyaa!”

But Lizz is faster, so she easily catches you! The two of you fall on top of a wild flower bed. Lizz then holds you down and tickles you to oblivion!

“Ahh! Nyakakakaak! stop! Stop nyaakakakaka!!!”

A few people pass by, they all laugh at this particular scene, and comment on your weird laugh. “Awww, how cute!” A woman says while holding her dog.

“Isn’t this Lizz? Hey, thank you for your help fixing our roof yesterday!” An elderly human man stops and waves at you two.

“Oh, no problem Mr. Luhan! Please stop by the inn next week! We are going to open very soon!” 

Lizz is just simply smiling and replying to Mr. Luhan. But from this angle, with all the flower petals flying around and the wind gently blowing through her hair, you are in awe at how pretty and precious this girl is. You feel like… you have finally found your own sunshine…

But peace only lasts for a few seconds.

“AAAA! Nyakakakaak! No!! Not the feet nyaa!”

And this… suddenly reminds you about how brutal sunshines can be, sometimes.


In the end, you are both exhausted.

“Ahhh, I’m ded nya~~~” you can barely breathe.

“But, that was fun!” Lizz exclaims. Then, “Do you want to go eat something? Skewers? Noodles?” She suggests a few dishes for breakfast.

Ooooooh!

Did you catch what she just said?

“What? Noodles? There is noodles nya?”

“Aha! So at least there is one thing you know!”

And thus, you both agree on checkin noodles. Despite having eaten a few chupal bacon strips at home, your stomach is already rumbling. 

Noodles, oh noodles of this wonderful world~

You are super curious about how it will taste.


37