Chapter 18 – Catgirl learns more about the town
1.3k 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the way to the temple, Lizz tells you more about the history of this Old Merton town. Lizz has only been here for a few months, because her family moved from somewhere else, but she already knows so much about this place.

She tells you everything in great detail, and you listen to her, paying attention to even the smallest words.


Many many years ago, after the event of the corrupted fire dragon going on its rampage, thousands of Northern Lands citizens migrated here. Of course, the people of Merton welcomed them. The cat people wanted to practice their religion, so they together built a small temple for the Goddess Aquilonyan.

Everyone lived together happily. Merton was such a great town, blessed by the amazing Great Lake nearby. Thus, it held many important trade routes to nearby villages and towns, both river and land.

But then, another disaster happened.

The demons engineered a new monster, the Corruptors, and released them into the world. Just like the previous dragon, the Corruptors attacked different places, murdered thousands of people. 

But unlike the dragons, powerful yet can be easily stopped by brute force, the Corruptors had the ability to stealthily infiltrate and attack human settlements. They didn’t require food to sustain themselves, as their food was the elements. They could multiply faster than rabbits. And worse, they could travel far and quickly by changing and merging their own body with any water source.

So, Merton, which was a town built very close to the Great Lake of Merton, was an easy target.

It was attacked. 

In a single night, thousands of Corruptors emerged from the lake and rampaged through the town. Luckily, the knights of the Kingdom arrived just in time to stop them. Two Deathwhizkersz later appeared, combining their power to freeze the whole lake, stopping the Corruptor's advancement. 

However, in the end, humanity still suffered great loss. In just one night thousands of people perished, one Deathwhizkersz died, and many of the knights were killed as well. And the Lake, the Corruptors had already destroyed it. Its water was no longer safe to drink or to do anything, as it had become toxic and foul.

The town people then moved East, built a new Merton East next to a new, safe water source. 

They still mourn the deaths of that attack every year. And once in a while, there would be priests going to the Lake, trying to purify it.

Now, even though it has been over 50 years since then, the Great Lake still gives off a foul, nauseous smell. Its color is still similar to that of a liquid mud. The purification process still continues, and it is estimated to take another 50 years to be able to completely remove the contaminants.


Roughly two hours after the girls departed, the guards receive terrible news.

“Close the gate! Don’t let anyone out!” 

Tim shouts his order to other guards, after he reads the emergency letter from the Knights.

The town people swarm at the gate, worrying, trying to find out what is happening.

“Oh no, the girls! They are still outside!” Fran quickly abandons everything he is doing and jumps on his horse.

“Fran!” Tim shouts at him. “Where are you going? FRAN!”

But the horse is already galloping at full speed.    

“Get out! Make way! Make way!”

Fran constantly yells to tell people to make way for his horse. 

Shit… shit … shit… He is in panic. 

The Corruptors… shit…  

I have to get to Cleo, asap!


Lizz very pretty!

37