Chapter 21 – Catgirl fights the monster
1.2k 6 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“There is a little bit of holy water left, I’m saving it, just in case.”

Lizz gives the bottle to you after she finishes douching herself in pee too. 

“No, you keep it nya…”

“No, you keep it! I can fight, but you can’t. So you have to at least have a way to protect yourself.”

“Okay, fine nya…” 

So you put the bottle into your bag, keep the bag open, so you can always reach for it.

Then, you and Lizz slowly walk towards the door.

But that filthy smell enters your nose again.

“Shit! It’s still here! It’s right outside nya!”

The Corruptor is standing just meters outside the entrance to the temple, swaying back and forth, refusing to move an inch.

“Tch!...” 

So you wait.

And wait…

But half an hour goes by, and the monster is still there.

“Felicia, I think we have to move soon.”

Lizz says to you, and that is because the effect of holy water can only last for so long.

Your hair is almost dry again.

But you really don’t want to take that risk yet. So, “Can… can we do it again, nya?” you ask.

“No... I can’t pee anymore.”

And so do you. You have already emptied your bladder.

So, you take a deep breath, take one foot outside, trying not to make a sound. 

The Corruptor makes no reaction.

You take a few more steps.

Still safe.

Goood!

You don’t know if the holy water is working or not, but at least, this is a good sign.

Lizz is holding your hand and follows right behind you.

Then slowly, one more step, two more steps, almost a dozen steps… You have moved pretty far without it noticing.

But then…

Thunder flashes, and rain pours down. The weather changes so quickly that it feels ridiculous! 

"Oh no! The rain!" Lizz exclaim. "This is bad! It's washing away our holy water!"

The Corruptor suddenly turns its head.

Your pendant glows bright, and you instantly realize what that means.

So “Quick!” you shout, trying to run away.

But how can you run from a Corruptor?

It immediately changes its form to that of a four legged beast in just seconds, then propels itself at high speed towards you two.

Lizz instantly raises her shield to react. 

“BLOOD BREAK! UNYIELDING WILL!.” she releases her strongest defensive skill right away! 

BOOM! 

The impact sends out shockwaves and knocks down trees! The ground below Lizz cracked!

But the Corruptor is not done. It morphs to humanoid form, and makes its arm the shape of a giant hammer!

BANG!

BANG!

It slams down its hand, pushing Lizz to collapse on her knees!

BANG!

It keeps hammering!

Lizz pukes out blood. However, she still holds her shield high.

“Felicia, run! I will hold it!”

So you quickly get up and run for your life.

But… there is quite an internal conflict happening inside your head.


Stop right there, Felicia DeathWhizkersz.

Is this really how you want your story to end?

What a pathetic protagonist, abandoning your heroine without even trying to fight.

But… What can I do? That thing is too strong! I don’t have any ability!

Tch! So, without abilities, you are just nothing?

What? No, don’t be so ridiculous!

Then, what is the point of being here, just to bang beautiful catgirls then leave them when they need you the most?

That… That’s not it! I’m… I’m just…

You’re just what? An useless piece of junk? Is this who you truly are?

I… I don’t know…

You know, whenever a person is reincarnated into another world like this, there has to be a reason. A reason why they deserve this second chance. 

You don’t know for sure why you are chosen yet. But you have already thought about it a few times, and reached somewhat of a conclusion.

Yes, it can just be simply because you wished to be an anime catgirl with all your heart. Your love for catgirls is stronger than anything else in this entire universe!

And don't you remember? That’s the reason why you jumped in front of that truck in the first place?


So, “Nyakaka! Truck kun or Corruptors, what’s the difference NYA!?”

You turn back and reach into your bag! “LIZZ!” you shout her name at the top of your lungs. "I'm coming nya!"

“Felicia you idiot!” Lizz turns and looks at you, “what the hell are you doing?”

“I don’t know nya!!”

But you shout and just randomly hurl the holy water bottle at the Corruptor’s face!

The bottle breaks and the liquid get out.

Szzzzzz!

The monster screeches in pain as the holy water instantly eats through its body like a very strong acid! 

Knowing that this is a golden opportunity, Lizz gets up, thrusts her sword into the Corruptor’s head, right at the eye! She twists the sword. You hear a crack, and the eye is shattered. As a result, the Coruptor falls onto the ground, turns into just a puddle of muddy water. 

“I… I did it!” Lizz just stands there, unable to believe her own eyes. “I killed a Corruptor!”

“Great job! Great job Nya!” You jump over and hug her really tight. Then tears start to flow from your eyes. “I’m sorry… I’m so sorry, I will never run away like that again! Even if I can’t fight, I will stay with you till the end nya!”

“What are you saying? You just saved my life!”

Lizz hugs you back and she too, cries her heart out in the rain.

But… 

You think this is all over?

Too busy celebrating your victory, you let your guard down. You have failed to notice that the pendant had been shining and blinking again for a while now.

So as a result... 

“Kah!” 

A sharp sensation pierces your chest. You look down, seeing blood and a sharp claw that has gone right through your body.

Whatever attacked you just now flings its arm. You are sent flying, slamming into a nearby tree.

“Felicia!!!” Lizz rushes towards your body. “No, no, Felicia!” 

She is trying to do whatever she can to stop the stream of blood flowing down from the big holes inside your chest. And meanwhile, surrounding you, more Corruptors emerge, approaching. 

You are losing consciousness, everything's so blurry, so you just grab Lizz’s arm.

“Lizz… Lizz…” you call out to her. “Where... where are you nya…”

You can no longer see.

You are very scared.

“I’m here! I’m right here! I…”

But you no longer hear her voice too…

So…

Are you…

Dead?

Hmmm... not yet.

Inside the darkness of your consciousness, you see an orb of light, slowly approaching you.

As it gets close enough, it expands, your whole vision is filled with snow and then, you find yourself standing on top of a really tall mountain, watching the northern lights.

And next to you, there is a catgirl. She wears a white dress, has a pair of white angelic wings, giving out such a divine aura. But the most fascinating thing is her eyes. It is literally the reflection of the starry sky.

“Hi, I believe you already know who I am,” she greets you with the warmest smile.

“Goddess… Aquilonyan… nya?”

“Yes,” the cat girl replies, “and I have been watching you closely, the man who wanted to be an anime catgirl.”


41