Chapter 25 – Catgirl begins training
1k 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wow, you really did it!” Cleo says, her eyes are scanning you from head to toe. “Hmmm… DeathWhizkersz magic really is something.”

“Thank you, and sorry that I made your house cold nya…” you reply.

But Cleo just headpats you instead of getting angry. “Haha, don’t worry about it! So, are you ready?”

“Nya!” you nod, and put on your hood and mask.

“Then, let’s warm up a bit! Can you run?”

“Of course, nya!”

“Alright!”

Cleo says then immediately blasts away. You follow, trying to keep up with her without using any DeathWhizkersz magic.


Half an hour later, you’ve arrived at a vast grassland on top of a hill near Merton East. You ended up using some speed boost magic. But it was pretty discreet, so you don’t think anyone noticed.

But Cleo, she is really something else! Not only did she run extremely fast, she also carried her huge greatsword on her back the whole time, without making any stop!

Yes, after all, Cleo is S rank. So you expect no less from her.

“Woaahh! I can see the whole town from here nya!” 

The hill is pretty high, so you can see the whole Merton East from the top of it. Merton East is quite a busy town, with Medieval European style buildings and is located next to a large river, the Red Hampton River. This river is named based on a very special fish that lives in it. They are the Red Hampton fish. Lizz said that those fish are extremely delicious when grilled. So, you really want to try them one day. At the same time, you are also wondering if you can make them into sashimi or sushi. That would be delish! But well, you will need to find some rice and some soy sauce first.

“Yes, this should do it.” Cleo has finished stretching and removed her fur cloak. 

Looking at her, you shiver. That giant, muscular body has already stripped half of your confidence away!

“So…” you do some stretches as well, “what should I do nyow?” 

“Ah, simple.” Cleo replies. “Just come at me with everything you’ve got. The training will be over once you land a hit on me.”

So it’s real combat right away. But as you think about it, this can be a great way to test your skills and get helpful feedback. Also, you are kinda curious about how strong Cleo really is.

“Can I use my sword nya?” 

“Of course, use anything.”

Hmmm, anything… So that means magic and tricks as well.

“DeathWhizkersz magic…” Your heart starts pumping. You channel your mana, concentrate it at the palm of your hand. Icy mist appears, your eyes glow. “Ruburs, the creation star, Create sword nya…”

You remember the shape of the rapier again, and successfully materialize it. This one time use sword, you name it Replica No 1.

And then… “Sub-zero domain nya….”

The ice mist expands and covers a huge area! Everything one hundred meters around you is now slowed, even time. On top of that, you also cast some blessings to increase your speed and power. 

With this much buff, and inside your own domain, you feel invincible. 

“Hmmm, interesting.” Cleo exclaims.

This makes you feel kinda irritated. You are doing all kinds of preparation, but Cleo just stands there, watching you.

Is she going to do anything, nya? You wonder, and wait a few seconds.

But no, Cloe hasn't move a finger.

Then, is she underestimating me, nya? 

There is a time limit on how long the Sub-zero domain lasts. Therefore, you must act right away.

So, raising your sword high, you slash down. At the same time, you use Ice Step! 

This spell shrinks space and helps you close the distance. The slash and the movement spell can happen at the same time. Meaning, it will be a sure hit! 

Aha! What a big brain combo!

You are very proud of yourself right now.

But you don’t want to injure Cleo, so you only aim at her shoulder, which is protected by thick armor.  

“Forgive me nya!”

In the blink of an eye, you arrive! 

Your sword hits… the air!?

You tumble forward, almost fall over.

And at that same time…

Bop!

Cleo knocks on your head, lightly. “Got cha!”

“What!? How?” you shout, can’t believe what just happened. “When did you get behind me nya?” 

Impossible! Ice Step is instant, and not to mention, you are also inside Sub-zero Domain! Just… how fast is she!?

“Miss DeathWhizkersz, that movement skill of yours is very nice,” Cleo then says. “But using it recklessly like this will only lead to your demise.”

“Huh, what do you mean nya?”

Demise… you wonder. How come using one of your most powerful skills can possibly end up getting you killed instead?  

So you think about it for a while.

Ah… you then realize its fatal weakness.

It’s simple. Using it against weaker opponents guarantees the kill. But against someone who is stronger than you, it’s like a chicken jumping straight into the fox’s mouth.

“I… I see nya…” 

You think that Cleo was underestimating you, but in the end, it turns out, it was you who underestimated her.

Therefore, first lesson learned. 

“Can I try again nya?”

“Of course!” Cleo replies. “As many times as you want.”

So you return to your starting position. This time, you raise your mana output. Cleo is strong! You are now sure of it. 

Therefore, no need for you to hold back anything.  


32