Chapter 26 – Catgirl trains hard
933 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Training arc, training arc. You probably imagined your training arc to be brutal. After all, no pain no gain. In many stories that you read in your previous life, the protagonists often have their teacher beat the shit out of them. As long as they don’t ever give up, they will eventually become strong. 

Yes, you already prepared your mindset for that.

But today, your training with Cleo is pretty… enjoyable?

“Ready to go again?” Cleo asks. 

“Yes, please nya!”

You shout and approach her for the 52th time.

Cleo is strong, and fast, yet she doesn’t use her force against you. Quite the opposite actually. The hardest hit you took was just a little bonk to your head. Didn’t even hurt. She even allows for ten minutes rest whenever you feel tired. So, Cleo is trying to teach you as many lessons as possible, without hurting you. She said that pain and injuries are not always equal to getting stronger. In fact, rushing things will only lead to negative outcomes. Therefore, resting and taking your time to adjust slowly to this new training routine is the key. 

So, if there is something you want to complain about this training…

Then it is… Cleo’s special “protein shake”!

Honestly, what the meow is THAT!? Fish and milk? Mixed with ten kinds of nuts!?

You are aware that the drink is very nutritious and extremely good for muscle growth. But… damn it! You just can’t! It makes you gag. It’s undrinkable!  

Crack!

Your Replica No 32 shatters as you cancel the creation spell. This time, you also failed the mission.

“Nyaaaa~” you lay your back on the grass, catching your breath. “Cleo, I don’t think hitting you is possible nya…”

Your mind is feeling a little bit irritated. This feeling, it’s like emptying a whole machine gun magazine into a boss, and ended up missing it all. That boss is literally invincible, immune to everything. How terrible, how absurd…

“Don’t worry,” Cleo sits down and says to you. “You are getting better. Give it a few weeks, you will be able to hit me once.”

You doubt it. But at the same time, you really look forward to the future. You wonder how strong you will become, and when you will be able to surpass Cleo.

“Hmmm… Miss DeathWhizkersz,” Suddenly, Cleo squints her eyes, and asks you a question that throws you into panic. “About your memories, you are lying, aren’t you?”

“Eh? What!?” you mutter, with your heart literally wanting to jump out of your chest. “You… you know? Nya?”

“Yes,” Cleo replies.

Ah… shit. Cleo seems to have already seen through your lies, so you don’t want to make up another lie. After all, this woman is really preceptive!

So, instead of denying, you confess.

“Yes, I lied. But how… how do you know nya?” 

“It’s your fighting skill that gives you away.”

“Please explain nya…”  

Cloe then proceeds to tell you how she comes to her own conclusion. Ah, turns out, it’s really shown in the way you fought. 

You see, there are different types of memories, and among those types, muscle memories are the hardest to forget. They are hard wired into the brain, forming long term connections that allow you to perform actions without being conscious about them. So, if a person loses their memories, muscle memories should be the last things to go.

However, you are different. You claimed that you have remembered your combat skills, and yet, you performed them poorly. The way you moved, the way you dodged, and how you attacked all showed to Cleo how inexperienced you are. You know and can use all the big moves and fancy magics, yet you have no basic fundamentals.

“And the most funny thing is, the rapier is a thrusting weapon, Miss DeathWhizkersz. But you only used slashes.”

“I… I see nya… then…”

With your lies uncovered, you are about to tell Cleo the truth about you, about your reincarnation. 

But Cleo stops you. 

“I know that you have your reasons, so no need to worry. After all, you saved my Lilia. That alone is already enough for me to trust you. And rest assured, I won’t tell Lizz.”

“Pwaaahh~” you have a big sigh of relief, and wipe the sweat off your forehead. “thank you nya…”

And with that out of the way, you get up, getting ready for another round.

“Come!”

Cleo gives her signal. You dash.

You continue training like that for the rest of the afternoon. And then, when the sun is about to set, you return home.

Lizz is already waiting for you at the door. 

Dinner is ready, you can already smell the amazing food from way out here!

Ah… your stomach is rumbling again.

You can’t wait. 


As you can see, I'm also having trouble generating tails. Please forgive me.

33