Chapter 27 – Catgirl has a nice dinner
998 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“MmmmmmMMM! Second nya!”

You give your bowl to Lizz for a second serving. Oh my, Lizz’s cooking is delish! There is a mysterious and creamy vegetable soup, fried chekin legs and… surprise surprise, rice! The grains are big and fluffy, and the people here call it “rike” instead. You are very happy about this, knowing that your dream of making sushi in this world is getting closer than ever. 

Unfortunately, Lizz’s father, Leon, cannot be here for dinner. You really want to meet him too, but he has been summoned by the Knight Order of the Kingdom for some emergency matters, and won’t be back for at least a few months. So, only you, Lizz and Cleo are enjoying dinner together.

“Hmmm, after what happened, I’m thinking of postponing the opening of our inn.” Cleo suddenly announces. “Not until I finish training Miss DeathWhizkersz here.”

“Huh?” you exclaim. You know that training is important, but Lizz’s family business should be a top priority too! Their finances may suffer because of you!

Therefore, “But, I can train later nya!” you voice your opinion. “Or I can train on my own if needed. So there is no need to…”

“No.” Cleo interrupts. “I’ve already decided. It will be better for both you and us if you can finish your training as soon as possible.”

“Yes, I think so too,” Lizz also agrees with her mom, showing no surprise upon hearing her decision. “Right now, we don’t know what is going out there, but we know for sure that the Corruptors are back. The current situation is not safe. Those nasty monsters can attack the town anytime, maybe even tonight, or tomorrow. So, Felicia, I want us to be able to at least defense ourselves.”   

“Hmmm, that makes sense nya.” 

And that means you now have to train harder than ever. Because the faster you can achieve your training objective, the sooner Cleo can open her inn.

“And don’t worry about it,” Cleo smiles and says. “As you already know, me and my husband are members of the Knights. Running an inn is just our hobbies, a new way of making money while gathering more information for our job. So, delaying it by a few weeks or even months won’t make much of a difference.”

Ah, hearing that, you feel a little bit relieved. But still, as you are the main reason for all of this…

“Thank you, and sorry nya,” you apologize. “It’s all because of me nya…”

“Huh? No, don’t worry about it!” Cleo exclaims. “You see, we are family now! And besides, it’s no big deal!”

“That’s right!” Lizz also joins in. “Felicia, no one here is blaming you or anything. In fact, I’m super happy that I’ve met you!”

Just like that, Cleo’s words and Lizz’s genuine smile at that moment turns into sunshine that warms up your heart. 

You tear up a little. 

Ah, family… with Lizz and Cleo. You are very glad that you’ve met them too. Right now, this truly feels like home. 

At last, you’ve found that one place where you truly belong.


Meanwhile, on top of the inn’s roof, another person is also having dinner.

Just some wild fruits and dried meat that she gathered and hunted in the woods a couple days ago. When was the last time she had a proper meal? She can’t remember. To her, food is just nutrition, something that the body needs to survive. Maybe, that’s the reason why she is so thin and pale. But still, her beauty rivals even the gods and goddesses.

“Family, huh…” the girl mutters to herself, then bites into fruit while watching the sun set. 

It is a muchipear, quite delicious fruit actually, but only if one buys from stores or farms. This wild version of muchipear that she is eating is extremely sour. Yet, she pays no attention to it.

And to her, the concept of family is something she doesn’t really understand. As a DeathWhizkersz, she is fated to be nothing more than a weapon for killing demons. No need for a weapon to have friends or family. After all, everywhere the White Demons of Destruction go, there is only calamity and death that follow.

Admire, respect, jealousy, and fear… there are so many kinds of mixed feelings that people have when it comes to the DeathWhizkersz. Yet, love is the only missing feeling. There is no love. It is extremely rare for a DeathWhizkersz to ever feel love being directed towards them. And even if they ever do, they wouldn’t really know how to respond to it.

And that’s why this particular girl finds it quite amusing, seeing another one of her own kind being all chatty and happy around normal people. But, as she has already used to being alone, she doesn’t really find herself desiring what you call happiness. In fact, what are the things that she desires?

The girl leans back, looking up at the sky with cursed eyes. Many many stars are starting to show up, as the night slowly replaces the day.

“What do I really want?” she wonders. And after a while, she comes to her own conclusion.

“Ah… a nap,” she closes her eyes. “I really want to take a nap.”


I know that this is evil, but I'm teasing you guys about this new girl. Heterochromia? Heck yeah!

And here is Lizz, being bubbly cute.

29