Chapter 35 – Catgirl writes a letter
731 5 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nightingale is alive, and she is being controlled.

“Felicia… Felicia!”

Lizz’s voice pulls you back to reality. You turn your head, see both Eva and Lizz looking at you, extremely worried. 

“Are you alright dear?” Eva asks.

“I’m… I’m fine nya…” you reply and return the necklace to its owner. “Thank you for letting me hold it nya…”  

But, that was a lie. You are not fine. How can you be fine after seeing all of that? The memories that Nightingale showed you, all the horrible and painful things that they did to her, it makes your stomach turn. You clench your fists. You cannot stop shaking and feeling nauseous. Your head is fumed with anger.

Therefore, you whisper to Lizz that it’s time to go. Both of you say goodbye to Mrs Eva, then go straight back home.

Lizz then gets you some water and lets you rest on her bed. After a while, you finally are able to calm down.  

Now, the question is, should you tell Lizz? That Nightingale is still alive and whoever controlling her is wanting to kill you for their sick purpose? This sounds crazy and lunatic, and you don’t have any evidence for this. But, knowing Lizz, she will definitely believe you. Yes, even if the sky falls, she will always be there for you. You are very sure of it.

But… if you tell her, then Lizz will be in danger too.  As you are already aware, Nightingale is dangerous. Even Cleo stands no chance against her in a one on one battle. And not to mention, the one hiding behind the scene is even more absurd. So, what are the chances that you and Lizz have? 

Nearly zero.

So, it’s better to leave Lizz out of this. Worse case scenario, you die. But you will at least die knowing that your girl is still safe. 

Therefore, you have decided on what to do next.

“Lizz, can I have a pen and paper nya? You ask.

Without questioning anything, Lizz gets you pen and paper. And then, you get on the desk, start noting down everything. “This is my secret, so don’t peek nya!” You even order Lizz to stay still on the bed while you write. She pouts and protests a little, but still does what you say.

And then, after a while struggling with this world’s writing system, you have completed your letter. Just like how you know about your combat skills but don’t have the muscle memory to perform them efficiently, you also know how to write but have never practiced it. As a result, your handwriting is utterly garbage quality, but at least it is still readable. And regarding the letter’s content, it’s a summary of what Nightingale showed you, and the things you are going to do next. And also, of course, how much you love Lizz and want to be with her for eternity.  

Then, after placing the letter on top of the desk, you get on the bed and move closer to Lizz. You hug her, embracing her fully in your arms. This may be the last time you hug your catgirl, so you want to treasure this very moment. 

“Feli…cia?” Lizz hugs you back, but you can feel the confusion and doubt in her voice. This is it. Any longer than this will make her suspicious.

So, “Can I kiss you nya?” you ask.

“Eh? Of course! Why are you asking for permission to ki—”

But you cannot wait for her to finish that sentence. Ah… the softness of her lips, the brushy feeling of her tongue, the way her smell makes your head dizzy everytime… you will remember them forever. You wish that time would stay still like this for eternity, but even DeathWhizkersz magic cannot stop time. As your lips depart from hers, you whisper, “I’m sorry nya…”, before quickly pushing her away and jumping out of bed.

Ice Cage is a spell to immobilize and capture enemies. Never have you ever thought that it would be used like this. With a simple command, a structure like a bird cage appears and traps Lizz inside.

“What? Felicia? What are you doing!?”

Lizz shouts in disbelief. She then repeatedly screams and punches and kicks the cage, trying desperately to get out. But no, you cannot let that happen. So you put another bigger Ice Cage to double the entrapment, and immediately look away.

“Felicia, no, Felicia!!! Please, please let me out!”

Lizz screams and begs you. Her voice is full of anger. You cannot breathe. Your heart is being squeezed with her every word. And for one moment there before you turned away, you saw it, the tears streamed down her eyes.

How dare you… how dare you make a catgirl cry?

You promised that you will never make her cry again, remember?

But, this is for the best…

So before Lizz can change your mind, you open the window, cast Ice Step, and teleport yourself away.


21