Chapter 38 – Catgirl finds a way to win
726 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, the reason that you are able to use Lizz’s bloodline skill lies in your “cheat skill”. As explained, it is the manifestation of the love for catgirl from deep within your soul. It has no name because no one has it before, so based on what it does, you decide to call it…

Nekomimi Love Bond!

Ah, it’s such a cringy and weird name, a little bit creepy, but it’s the best name that you can come up with. It has several effects that even you haven’t fully understood yet. But the first effect is: when you kiss a catgirl that you have strong feelings for, you can gain a worse version of their bloodline skill for one day.   

There are three types of skills in this world. Constellation skills, bloodline skills, and skills that are in neither of these two categories. As the name suggested, constellation skills are given by the stars, while bloodline skills are inherited from parents. So, by kissing Lizz earlier today, you can now use her bloodline skill, Blood break - Unyielding will.

This allows you to go past your physical limitations. Meaning, stronger and faster! However, that is not the main effect that you are looking for!

What you actually want, ironically, is the side effect of it. Under the influence of blood break, you notice your body getting hotter and hotter. The energy released by overworking your muscles is creating a lot of heat! Overheating is a big negative effect that the worse version of this bloodline skill come with. Under normal circumstances, this can be dangerous and even lethal. But right now, this actually turns out to be a good thing, because as your body gets overheated…

Sub-zero domain effect’s on you is lessened!

Nightingale hasn’t noticed this yet. This is your chance! 

So, with eyes fixed on the target, you inhale deeply.

BOOM!

You jump! Your body travels like an arrow, breaking the sound barrier!

And with that super sonic momentum and Refrigerator in your hands.

CROSS SLASH!

“What!?” Both the good and bad Nightingale are surprised. But your opponent still reacts fast! 

“I’m casting Ice Step to get away! Quick!” the good Nightingale just gives you really nice information!

So like hell you can allow that to happen! 

You reverse Ice Step, cast it on your opponent. 

Ice Vacuum! You pull Nightingale back. 

Clang! 

Your katanas slash that scythe in half. It is a really good and sturdy weapon, yes, but your Refrigerators are also no joke! Their blades are incredibly sharp! And then, with her weapon out of the way and a LOT of momentum left, you make a really savage move.

“Cat girl… HEADBUTT NYA!!!” 

You lean forward, eyes fixed on only one thing! 

Her chest! 

BAM!

It’s a hit! And you hear a loud crack! 

Nightingale is launched back and slammed into a pillar!

“Ack!” She falls down and pukes out blood. Obviously, that was a lot of damage!

However, she still maintains her sub-zero domain. How incredible! You are really impressed. Normally, when interrupted like this, sub-zero domain will be dispelled instantly. But Nightingale still endures the pain to keep it active. She even pumps more mana into it, making her sub-zero domain stronger!

HA!

You purse your mouth in an evil smirk. 

She isn’t aware of how you are able to ignore the effect of sub-zero domain, so it’s only natural for her to increase its intensity, hoping that it will work again. But yes, you want her to keep it like this. You want her to keep you cold, so that you can even use more mana for blood break! 

"Ah, you know rock paper scissors right? Rock beats scissors. Paper beats rock. Then… are you saying that scissors will lose to paper?"

You are scissor, and she is paper. You now understand what the Goddess means by that metaphor. Your skill counters her perfectly. Using the strongest skill of your opponent to make you stronger? Basically let her waste her energy for nothing while you reap the benefits. How ridiculous is that!? And on top of that, you have the good Nightingale on your side. So, your chance of victory is actually not bad!

Well, you feel very uncomfortable hurting a catgirl like this though. It stings your heart as you see Nightingale falling down and coiling her body in pain. But you have no choice, this is to save her!

So without any hesitation, you make another attack immediately, dashing again at great speed!

“I’m making an Ice Shield! Your sword won’t get through!”

Then! 

To break a shield, you will need a big bonk!

You merge your katanas together and make a morningstar mace! 

CRACK! BOOM!

The shield shatters and Nightingale is sent flying again, slammed onto the wall. But that’s not all!

“Ice vacuum nya!”

You suck her right back for another bonk!

BOOM!

Another pillar crumbles as Nightingale’s body crushes it.

However, sub-zero domain’s effect is still there. She still keeps it on despite having suffered three destructive hits.

“Ha…” you exhale, catching your breath, barely able to breathe after all of that action. Nightingale is still able to stand up. “Just how sturdy are you nya!?”

“Felicia, don’t stop! I can regenerate!”

Ah shit! You forgot that detail!

Back when she was in prison, you already noticed that she had no injuries on her despite having fought Cleo and the other S rank knights! You know that she has insane regenerative powers! 

So, you dash again!

But then… 

“No, careful! It’s a trap!”

You see a faint change of expression on the bad Nightingale’s face.

A red magic circle appears and glows brightly underneath you.

“Demonic… bind…”

Chains shoot out of that circle, surrounding your body.

Ah… you are too careless. You let your guard down because you want to press your advantages and finish her quickly. You are too quick to assume that the good Nightingale will let you know every move that the bad one is making, that you can easily counter anything. 

That isn’t really the case, obviously.

You may know 99 out of her 100 moves, but she only needs 1 move that can catch you off guard. You know all about the DeathWhizkersz skills, but have no idea what her demonic skills are.

You forgot to leave yourself a way out.

What a terrible mistake. You now lose. She is the last winner.

Or…

Is she?

“I have been waiting for this nya,” you smirk, rotate your body, and grab the chains.

Of course you know what her demonic skills are! You have seen them in the past, when looking at her memories! 

Those chains are the extension of her demonic part. So by grabbing those chains, you can now do this!

Aquilonyan - Realm of purification!

On your back, a giant pair of angel wings spread open. The whole temple is filled with holy light.


21