Chapter 42 – Catgirl yearns for more power
744 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warning: Gore


Carmian attacks relentlessly. He totally dominates the fight. In his shadow form, Nightingale’s attack just passes through his body like cutting through mist. Her sword skill is fast and precise, but as the enemy cannot be hit, it’s all meaningless. As the fight goes on, with every slash, Carmian’s swords glow brighter, while the light coming from Nightingale’s sword becomes fainter and fainter.  Without access to her constellation, she can't supply any more mana to maintain the shape of her weapon.

Then, it happens.

Crack! 

Nightingale's sword shatters into pieces, leaving her vulnerable to Carmian's next attack. The S ranked knight takes the opportunity to deliver a double cross slash, aiming for the girl's arms. Blood splatters on the ground as Nightingale jumps back to avoid being amputated, but still sustains deep wounds. 

Carmian presses on, slashes and stabs Nightingale many more times. The girl has to use her bare arms to block the swords. “Regenerate? Ha! Let’s see how fast you can regenerate!” Carmian continues his onslaught. Ten, a hundred, a thousand cuts delivered. The floor is painted red with blood.

Everytime his two swords reach into the catgirl’s flesh, you feel like your heart is being stabbed the same way. Pain and anger builds up, overflowing. You scream and yell, begging him to stop, but he just laughs. The temple is filled with the bastard’s wicked laughs. It’s like he’s enjoying this, entertained by all this torturing!

Your blood boils, tears streaming down your face. This reality is too much to take. It’s like living in your worst nightmare. Every one second is a soul shattering torture, with nothing but pain and despair. If only you still have some strength left, if only you can stand up… . You want to help Nightingale, you want to get up and tear that guy apart with your own claws. 

But… at this moment, what can you do now? 

Move! You say to your body. Please move, Felicia!

But it doesn’t listen to your command.

You have no mana, no skill. Nothing. 

You can’t even stand up. 

You are just as useless as dead.

Carmian doesn’t stop for even one second. He just keeps cutting and stabbing, inflicting pain. Nightingale's body is now covered in wounds, her breathing shallow, her movement has become much slower. The girl can barely stand now. It's clear that she doesn't have much time left. 

Yet, she is still trying to protect you.

“I won’t… let you… harm her,” Nightingale’s eyes are burning with determination, never back down.

But as she finishes the sentence, Carmian closes in, his two swords pierce through Nightingale's chest. He then grabs her, slams her body to the ground. 

That bastard then steps on her head

And that’s it.

That is the last straw.

At that moment, your whole world turns into darkness. If you don’t do something, she is going to die. 

So “Blood break,” you say, desperately ordering the world to give you power.

And… it’s like an hallucination, you suddenly hear the world says back:

You have no mana and no strength, how can you pay the price?

Ah, it’s such an unreasonable request, you know it.

But you don’t care, you have to activate this skill no matter what. It’s true that you have no mana left, but you still have your blood, your flesh, and your soul! 

You don’t care if it’s a hallucination or not. Take it! You say to the damn world. Whatever the price is, just take it!

And with that request, the world replies…

Then, I will take your heart.


Kak!

You puke out blood. Your heart beats for one last time before you can’t feel it anymore. Yet, you can now stand up, unknown power rushing and pumping inside your vein. The world is now painted red. Other colors don't exist anymore, and so does the pain.

Kill

All you can feel now is anger and the desire to kill, to tear that scum of a human apart.  

“What!?” Carmian stops and turns to look at you, his eyes wide in disbelief. “How? This is not possible! You are just a failed experiment!”

And Nightingale too, she is in shock after seeing you like this. “No!” she exclaims. “Felicia… your eyes…”

But you can’t hear the rest of what she is saying anymore. The ringing inside your ears has blocked all sound from entering your mind. Now, all you can hear is that ringing sound, and underneath that, a whispering voice.

Kill

Ah, is that your soul speaking? Because you are wanting to do just that!

You launch yourself forward, the ground below you shatters due to the recoil. Carmian raises his swords to block, but your claws slice them in pieces like razor cutting through paper!

That man's face quickly fills up with despair. And somehow, you suddenly feel even more invigorating.

Losing his swords, Carmian turns away and runs. 

But, how can he match your speed?

Without using any instant movement skill, you still instantly appear in front of him, blocking his way. You then reach out your hand to grab him. And there is his shadow form, invalidating your attacks.

Ahhh, what a nuisance, that shadow form skill.

But does he really think that mere shadow can stop you? 

Restrain! 

With a single thought, black chains shoot up from the ground and turn into shadow, restraining his shadow, pinning his body onto the floor. 

You grab his hair, extend your claws.

He is saying something, but you cannot hear. 

Anyways, it's time for him to pay for his sin, for all the things he did to Nightingale. 

You are ready to slit his throat open. But, at that moment, you notice something…

What... is this?

Ahhh, what is this sweet smell?

There’s something that smells really nice, coming from him.

And by looking at his eyes, you can tell what the smells really are.

Emotions.

Oh my, who could have thought that human emotions can be this nice? 

Pain is sweet.

Fear is addicting.

And Despair is mouthwatering!

My! Words can’t even describe how much you love it!

You want to taste more! They are making you lose your mind! So, you decide not to kill him yet. That would be too wasteful. Instead, you repeatedly twist and bend his body in every unnatural angle as possible, inflicting as much pain as you can! You crush his bones with your bare hands, then rip his limbs off like they are just crispy baguettes.

The guy is begging and screaming and shouting!

But again, no matter what he is saying, can’t hear him!!!

Haha! Haha! Die!

No, don’t! Don’t die yet!

Suffer more!

Ahh! The way he looks at you, begging you to kill him is beautiful!

Your mind is filled with ecstasy!

Don’t you dare die right now!

Let me enjoy some more!

However… Carmian is more fragile than you think.

Within minutes, his body breaks. There is no response anymore.

Ah… what a bummer. 

You toss his corpse aside, which is now unrecognizable as a human being, and feels extremely disappointed. Such a big man, yet can’t even last five minutes. 

And then, with your plaything now dead, you feel a sudden emptiness. You have a feeling that you are forgetting something, but if you are forgetting them, then they probably don’t matter.

Now what? You ask yourself.

Should you find some more people to torture? To satisfy your crave?

Just as you are thinking about that, you spot three random people rush into the building.

One big woman, one big man, and a cute young girl. Upon seeing you, their faces all distort.

The woman and the girl look familiar, but you cannot recall who they are, or where you met them. But this is perfect. As you are still extremely hungry for more violence and bloodshed, you grin.

The two grown ups only have a slight scent of fear. They don't look very appetizing.

However, that young catgirl with dark tomboy hair and green eyes…

Oh my… her smell is so good.

What a fantastic little girl! How can she possibly smell this good!? 

That smell… It’s not fear, it’s not pain, nor depression.

It’s something else, a mix of feelings that you can’t even describe!

You can’t stand straight. 

Ah! Ahh! You are having a slight orgasm already.


19