Chapter 43 – Catgirl becomes demonic
603 9 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sometimes, a demon can draw power from human suffering, and feast on negative emotions. You are one of them. Right now, your eyes are fixed on that young little catgirl. She is delicious, way more delicious than the other two people here. 

Such a beautiful sight! You wipe the drool off your mouth, cannot contain yourself anymore. As you stand before the sobbing catgirl, the darkness within you stirs with excitement. You can feel the power of her suffering coursing through your veins, a tantalizing feast for the demons within. You can't help but let out a wicked smile as you brandish your claws, ready to strike

The catwoman and the catman quickly step forward and draw their greatswords, shielding and protecting the young little girl. Their swords seem big and heavy, glowing and imbued with magical power. The image of their constellations flashes. The woman’s constellation is in the shape of a butterfly, while the man’s is that of a two-headed snake.

And now you notice, that young girl behind them looks just like them. So, you guess they are a family. 

Nice, very nice! As you take in the sight of the family standing united against you, you can't help but feel a twinge of excitement that their bond will soon be shattered by your wicked claws. You absolutely love this. For a demon, there is nothing more satisfying than causing families to suffer and break apart. And you know that once you have the young girl, her parents will be driven mad with grief, fueling your power with their negative emotions. This is why demons always target children first - the pain of their loss is a sweet, sweet nectar.

Your desire to claim your prize consumes you as you launch yourself towards the young girl, moving with lightning speed. With your speed, it will be a piece of cake, getting to that girl before her parents notice! There’s no way they can match with your speed, especially when holding such heavy weapons!

You reach out your claw, ready to grab the little girl from behind.

But as you reach out with your claws, ready to snatch the girl from behind, the catwoman's greatsword comes crashing down upon your attack, pushing you back with incredible strength.

How? 

You are utterly in shock.

How can a mere mortal keep up with a mighty demon like you? And furthermore, that swing of her…

It’s so heavy! The impact of the sword leaves your arm numb and trembling.

And then, just right after you notice that the catman has vanished from sight, a massive blow strikes you from behind, sending you flying through the air. The surprise attack catches you off guard, and you can do nothing but brace yourself for the impact as you collide with the temple wall.

Your vision spins as you struggle to recover from the hit, and it dawns on you that you may have underestimated your opponents. The force of the man's strike, had it not been for your demonic power reinforcing your body to be ten times harder than steel, would have surely meant your demise.

But the assailant isn't done yet. With ridiculous speed, he charges at you again, swinging his greatsword in a horizontal slash. You twist your body to the side, narrowly avoiding that blade. The greatsword smashes into the floor with a loud crunch, leaving a deep gash in its wake.

You barely have a moment to catch your breath before the catman is upon you again, his sword a blur of motion as he launches a flurry of deadly attacks. And just as you struggle to defend yourself, the catwoman closes in with even greater speed, her blade slicing through the air with precision.

Together, their assault is relentless, constantly shifting positions and attacking from all angles. You can hardly keep up, and their blows start to land with increasing frequency. Though your demonic powers allow you to regenerate quickly, the constant barrage of attacks is maddening. Your irritation grows with each passing moment, as you struggle to defend against their formidable onslaught

So you react quickly, raising both your arms and summoning a powerful barrier spell to push your attackers away. The magic barrier shimmers into existence, but you know it won't hold for long – just a few precious seconds to gather your strength and call forth your weapons.

You reach deep within yourself, summoning the demonic energy that courses through your veins. Smoke rises as the weapons appear in your hands – a pair of nameless daggers, glowing brightly with crimson energy in the dark. Despite their slender size, the daggers feel incredibly heavy in your hands, as if they carry the weight of an entire arsenal. You can feel the power coursing through them as you grip the hilts, ready to unleash their deadly force on your enemies.

The barrier falters, but you are ready. You grip your daggers tightly, bracing yourself for the fight to come. The couple come at you with renewed ferocity, but you are ready for them, your weapons flickering and slicing through the air with deadly precision. 

As a demon, you are a force to be reckoned with, and no mere mortal will stand in your way.


Hours earlier.

Cleo’s left eye jumped. This was the tenth time today. Ever since she left town, a strange sense of unease had been gnawing at her. 

“Could it be… my instinct?” the female knight murmured.

Instinct was Cleo’s bloodline skill, a passive skill that let her know when danger was near. It had saved her life countless times in combat, allowing her to "see a few seconds into the future" and dodge or counter any attack. However, it can also let her know when there is something wrong going on, like a disaster coming. It doesn’t have to be herself specifically. If anyone close to her, like her husband or children, is in danger, that skill can warn her too. 

Cleo couldn't shake the uneasy feeling, and it only grew stronger as the hours passed. She tried to focus on her mission, but she couldn't shake the sense of urgency. Finally, she made the decision to abandon the expedition and rush home, despite the other knights' protests.

She burst through the door, her greatsword at the ready. Her heart pounded in her chest as she saw her daughter trapped inside a huge ice cage, her cries for help echoing through the room.

Without hesitation, Cleo swung her sword with all her might, shattering the cage and freeing her daughter. "What happened?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

"Quick, we have to find Felicia!" Lizz shouted, her whole body trembling. "Mom, she is in danger!"

It took a full minute for Cleo to calm her daughter down and get the full story. And when she read the letter that Felicia had left behind, the dread on her face was undeniable.

The DeathWhizkersz girl with red eye, she was Nightingale. Many years ago,.someone resurrected her, used demonic power to control her and now, their objective was Felicia.

“Mom… is that true?” Lizz asked, her voice couldn’t help shaking. “But why… why do they want to kill Felicia now?”

But no matter how Cleo and Lizz thought about this, they couldn’t come up with an answer. Until, someone suddenly showed up - a tall catman with long, black hair and piercing green eyes, wearing a sleek black shirt that hugs his toned muscles and broad shoulders. His chiseled jawline and strong features give him an air of confidence and determination. An S ranked knight, with the air of mystery and power, commanding respect and attention wherever he goes.

“Dad!” Lizz yelled as she noticed her dear father had just returned home. 

"Leon!" Cleo exclaimed as well. "Why are you here? I thought you were on a mission?"

"I am," Leon replied. "But my investigation has led me right back here. I had my suspicions when you mentioned that odd-eyed girl in your letter. Cleo, do you remember when you were almost killed by that awakened demon who had a human form?"

The mention of the incident caused Cleo to clench her fist. "Yes, how could I forget that? Someone wanted to create an artificial demon, so they planted a demon heart into a girl. Perhaps that was what happened with Nightingale. But how does Felicia have anything to do with this? She is not a demon!"

"That is because, for some reason, she is unawakened," Leon replied. "But now, look - this is her blood sample that I asked you to collect during your training with her," he said, taking out a small test tube containing a small amount of Felicia's blood and a black colored stone. "If she has demon blood, the stone will glow red upon contact with the blood. The stronger her bloodline is, the brighter it will glow. "

Leon allowed a single drop of Felicia's blood to drip onto the stone, and it instantly glows with a bright red light. However,  the stone then glowed brighter and brighter, until suddenly shattered into pieces.

“What?” Leon's eyes wide opened in surprise. “This didn’t happen the last time I tested it!”

But as he realized what this meant, his expression turned grim. “Quick! We have to find her!” he shouted.

It was some form of resonance. Something must have happened to the main body that caused her blood to react violently like this.


Back in the present, Lizz stands frozen in shock as she watches the girl she loves awakened as a demonic creature, her red eyes blazing with madness.

Her father had told her that once a person awakens as a demon, their soul will be consumed and there is no way to bring them back. But Lizz refuses to believe it. She frantically shouts Felicia's name, hoping for a response, but all she hears is the demonic laughter of the person she once knew echoing through the room.

Her heart is torn with grief and desperation, as she struggles to hold onto hope that there is a way to save Felicia from the darkness that now consumes her. But, what can she do now? Her pain grows with each passing moment, as she stands powerless to do anything but watch the battle unfold.

Her mother and father are fighting with all their might to bring the demon down, knowing that the only way to put Felicia to rest and protect everyone is to kill her. But each time the white-haired cat girl is struck, Lizz's heart breaks a little more.

To her, even in demon form, Felicia is still Felicia - her best friend, the one she loves more than anyone. Helplessly, she stands by and watches the fight, torn with grief and desperation.


Happy New Year to all my readers! Again, thank you so much for your continued love and support! I hope this year brings you health, happiness, and prosperity. May all your dreams and goals be achieved, and may you be surrounded by love and support from those around you.

May the catgirls be with you.

13