Chapter 44 – Catgirl faces the end
671 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The clash of swords and daggers fills the air as the three of you engage in a fierce, all-out battle. Magic flies in every direction. Your armor is tattered and dented, stained with your own blood. You are battered and bruised, your regeneration ability is already near its limit. Where is the little girl now? Probably hiding somewhere, being one of the pillars. But you cannot pay attention to that girl anymore, as you are now too busy dodging attacks.

“Tsk!”

You click your tongue in frustration. You are way more powerful than them, way faster than them. Your magic is more potent. Yet, you are struggling. Despite your best efforts, wielding the most powerful weapon that you have, you are still unable to break through their defenses. Sweat beads on your forehead as you struggle to keep up with their relentless assault. Just when you think you have an opening, they switch positions and attack from a new angle, throwing you off balance. 

You know for sure that you can easily defeat either of them in a one on one battle. But when they work together like this, their synergy makes them nearly unstoppable. Whenever you attack the woman, the man instantly strikes to force you back to defend. And if you go for the man, the woman does the same. And that’s not all. For some reason, their movements and positioning are so effective and optimized. It feels like they can somehow predict your action, and plan their next moves accordingly. No matter if you tried to play tricks, or tried to overwhelm them with pure speed and strength, the outcome is still the same, you are still unable to land a single hit. And as their swords hit you many times, not only are the blows mountain heavy, the swords are now imbued with some kind of spell that can slow down your regeneration rate.   

You grow more and more frustrated as the fight drags on, your attacks becoming wilder and less precise. You can feel your demonic power slipping away, your energy draining with each passing moment. You can’t keep up anymore.

At this rate, you’re going to lose. You don’t want to admit this, but there’s no way you can beat them, you are now certain of that.

So, even though this is going to hurt your pride, you are now considering another option. And that is to flee.

Right, there’s nothing wrong with running away from a fight that you can’t win. Flee, then you can go somewhere else to heal up and gather more power, then come back for revenge. You already remember that little girl’s scent. Finding her again will be easy. There’s no way she can get away from you now. So, there is no need to fight the parents. That man and woman can protect their child right now, but can they do that forever? Even if you cannot get her today, it will just be a matter of time before you can lay your hands on her. So, just have to suppress your appetite a little bit and wait for another day. 

So, with a roar, you summon all of your remaining strength and unleash a powerful spell. Your opponents are pushed back by the force of the attack, and for a moment, you see an opportunity to escape. Bat-like wings made from demonic power sprouts from your back, blazing with a red color. You raise your hand, blow a hole out of the ceiling, ready to fly away.

But then, as you flap your wings and take a leap, a random sword comes flying down out of nowhere and pierces through your wing! 

You fall down onto the ground. Then, before you have a chance to process what just happened, two other swords appear, pinning your two hands on the floor, sealing your power!

You thrash and struggle, trying to find a way to escape, but it's no use. What’s up with those swords!? You wonder. They are sucking away your demonic power! 

Wait... holy magic?! How is this possible? 

You can't believe your eyes as you realize what those swords are made of. But, you are confused! Those guys cannot use holy magic. The man can use life magic, and the woman, you don’t know what element she can wield yet, but it doesn’t seem like she can use the holy element.

Then, the swords, where the heck did they come from?

As you struggle to understand what's happening, you suddenly feel another presence entering the building. A sense of anger and fear fills your mind, causing your demonic energy to run wild and rampage through every cell in your body. There's only one race that can cause a demon to feel such strong emotions and reactions! 

Angels.

You raise your head, see a man with a pair of wings.


“Elemiah!” Leon exclaims, as he sees the man coming in. He is very young and of slim build, wearing a white robe adorned with intricate golden embroidery and holding a big holy book. His golden cross earrings glinted in the light. Large and powerful wings easily span the length of his body, emitting a light so divine. Despite his appearance being so young, his aura of power and authority makes even the S ranked knight like Leon feel nervous.

"What are you doing here?" Cleo shouts, equally surprised by his arrival. Elemiah is an inquisitor working for the Church of the Divine Light, and his only job is to subjugate demons. His presence here can only mean one thing.

"Why am I here? Don't be absurd. Do you think such a strong demonic aura can escape our eyes? And furthermore, that demon was going to escape. I just lent you some helping hands." Elemiah replies with a stern gaze. He then walks forward and approaches the demonic Felicia, who is now restrained by his holy swords. The closer he gets to her, the stronger her body reacts. She grunts, thrashes around violently, trying to escape. But those holy swords seem to be too much for her to handle.

And then, flipping his book to another page, Elemiah raises his hand, casting another spell. 

“By the power of the divine, Aurora, the God of light…”

But Cleo instantly grabs his hand, interrupting. “Wait, what are you doing?” she asks.

“Huh?” Elemiah turns around. “This person can no longer talk. Her soul has been consumed by darkness. She cannot be interrogated. Thus, I’m just going to put her out of her misery. What? Are you going to stop me?”

Hearing that, Cleo releases his hand. Right, what the inquisitor is trying to do is no different than what she and her husband were trying to do just moments ago. Killing Felicia is the only way to give her rest. She knows that, but now, for some reason, seeing Elemiah casting his spell just makes her feel so, so painful. 

The inquisitor then continues his spell. A giant sword in the shape of a cross materialized, shining bright with a blinding light.

However, just as the sword is about to launch, it is interrupted once more. This time, it’s Lizz. She is now standing between the sword and Felicia, spreading her arms.

“Lilia, what are you doing?” Leon shouts and orders his daughter to get out of the way, but she refuses.

“Please!” Lizz then says, with tears streaming down her eyes. “Please, let me call out to her. I know she can still hear me. Felicia, she is still in there!”

“Elemiah, please…” seeing her daughter like that, Cleo too, begs Elemiah to give the girl a chance. 

“Fine,” Elemiah lowers his hand. “One minute. That’s the limit. But you cannot touch her, it’s too dangerous.” 

“Yes!” Lizz replies, bows down deeply, then quickly rushes to Felicia. 

She then calls her name, desperately.

But the demonic catgirl just stares at her. The time is almost over, yet, there is no response.


Ah…. what is this pain?

The swords which are making holes on your limbs and wings hurt like hell. However, it’s nothing compared to what you are feeling inside. You hate this. You hate the constant aching inside your chest. Where does this pain come from? You wonder. Could it be, this girl is the source?

At first, she was just a delicious prey, her scent filled your demonic senses with a heavenly feel, making you desire her more than anything. But now, as she is this close to you, you only feel pain. 

You don’t know why. It’s something you cannot explain.

So you start to wonder who she is.

And why she is so special.

Suddenly, you notice your own reflection inside her eyes. Your world was red, a monochrome, boring color. But now, other colors start coming back.

Green.

“You are sooo pretty!"

You hear some voices echoing through your mind.

“I’m… I’m just an average person!”   

It's still hazy, but you can remember it now. That green, it was the color of her sparkling eyes when she first met you! You remember how she said that you are the most beautiful girl she had ever seen, but at the same time, she was the same, the most beautiful catgirl ever!

And then, there comes brown, coming back together with such a meaty, delicious smell.

Ah, it was the chulpa meat. Your first meal with her, so delicious and fun. You even faked a headache and made her cry! 

What is this? Your mind is being flooded with information, all related to this girl. After brown, the blue color is what comes next. 

“My… my eyes nya…”

“They say that anyone looking into a DeathWhizkersz’s eyes would be instantly charmed, even the Gods. So, looks like the rumors are true after all…”

DeathWhizkersz, is that your name? You don’t know, but she called you that, and you accepted that.

And finally, white.

The color of your hair.

The color of your dress and panties.

And the color of blank, your state of mind when you first kissed her, when everything else in the world lost its meaning.

Suddenly, a thing inside your chest just makes a sound, pumping. The sound is like a drum, a beat. It then gradually gets faster and faster the longer you look into the girl’s eyes.

And then, the ringing inside your ears stops. Everything, your memories, your senses, all comes back to you as soon as you hear her voice again, saying your name.

“Felicia!”

Ahh, what have you done? How can you possibly forget her?

So you open your mouth, whispering her name.

“Lizz…”

Yes, that’s her name, Lizz! The catgirl that you love the most!  Somehow, saying the word makes you incredibly happy. So you want to say it louder, shouting it to the world!

“Lizz!”

“Felicia!” Hearing you, Lizz bursts out crying louder. But despite the tears, a big smile blooms on her face. She then turns around, facing the inquisitor. “Felicia, she remembers me! Stop the spell!”

However, Elemiah coldly pushes Lizz aside. Once again, he then raises his hands.

“Wait!!! She just said my name!” Lizz shouts at the tops of her lungs. "Please!"

But “I don’t hear anything.” Elemiah replies and brings down his hand. The giant sword comes plunging down, straight at you. Its light blinding your eyes.

You watch it fly, unable to do anything. You want to shout, but somehow find your voice being blocked. You can’t even make the smallest squeak now. 

Ah, looking at the man who is controlling the sword, you instantly realize what is happening.

Damn it, he got you. That bastard…

He is with them!

So, is this the end?

You move your head, look at Lizz one last time.

You are glad to meet her. Words can’t even describe how happy you are to be able to see her again. You want to be with her more. Four weeks is too short. But well, even if you have four whole centuries to spend with her, you are sure that it will be short too.

So, “Good bye, nya…” you whisper to her, even though sounds cannot escape your mouth anymore.

But as the sword inches away from you, it shatters.

"What!?" Elemiah's eyes widen in shock. He turns around, looking at Leon and Cleo. But it was not those two who interrupted his spell.

Then who?

But before he can even think about the other possibilities, his body is already frozen.

He can’t move!

Turns out, as Elemiah was too focused on the big demon, he missed the small demon. Despite her grave injuries, that girl acts fast! She neutralizes the swords, then scoops you into her arms! Then, with a big jump, she carries you out of the building through that hole you made earlier. 

“Nightingale?” You now recognize her. “You are ....okay nya?”

But Nightingale cannot answer you right now, as she is focusing on casting Ice Steps repeatedly. Elemiah flies and chases after you immediately. However, in the end, even when going against an angel, the speed of a DeathWhizkersz catgirl still reigns superior. 


It's been a while since we last seen Lizz, ehe.

18