Chapter 164 It’s You (3)
83 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, the sun wasn't even up when a beastman came to Hu’er’s Daddies home.

While walking towards Hu’er’s Daddies main house, every student that is in their territory is looking at him, some with respect and some beastmen couldn’t help but feel reluctant and sad.

Most of those beastmen want to be Hu’er’s mate. However, this beastman already moved first and they couldn't get advantage anymore.

Hu’er can definitely choose to take in more mates in a season just like any other female if she wanted to.

However, based on what they heard from Xin Hua, Hu’er will only accept one beastman every two whole seasons that the Tribe recommended. That doesn't mean she will only get one mate in every two whole seasons either. It will still depend on what she wants. Being recommended by the Tribe also doesn't mean that you will be her mate instantly. They still need to get Hu’er’s approval.

But the possibility of them being her mate became much lower when they realized that Hu’er is different from other females.

All of Hu'er's future mates are talented and hardworking. They all just started to work hard and learn skills while Hu’er’s future mates, even the new one who is still pending for approval, are all talented and have particular skills. If they compare themselves to just one of them it will be a tragic fact that they are not better than any of them.

There are a couple of beastmen who are quite talented too. However, those beastmen have a promised female already or didn't think about having a mate yet.

The beastman finally arrived at their main house. Before he could even knock, the door opened, “Come in. You’ll need to wait for a while. At this time, Hu’er is still sleeping.” Shun Su opened the door wide for him to come in. The students have already told them of his arrival.

The beastman heard Shun Su muttering, “You are lucky.” Then he looks at the beastman, “No one else in our territory has a skill like you do. If Xin Hua or any of us pursued it… Your chances of getting accepted is basically zero.”

The beastman didn’t say anything. They both quietly went towards a room where Jiu Hu is.

Jiu Hu just glanced at them, “You’re here.” He continues to tend to a beastman’s wound.

There are three beastmen laying around wounded. It wasn't that grave but it’s a bit deep and needs structuring. They learned structuring from the Sheep Tribe. Half of their students and Jiu Hu with another beastman who knows medicine,  went to the Sheep Tribe to learn what they have. Some of the Sheep beastmen also went to their tribe for an exchange of knowledge. Because of that, both of the tribes progressed so much.

“Yes.” He watched Jiu Hu structure the skin of a beastman. He knows the feeling of getting structured. It’s normal for him to go here too and get structured after having a huge fight with some wild animals. It is painful but luckily they are now searching for a way to numb the body part that needs to be structured so they won't feel any pain.

Jiu Hu finished his job and shooed him, “It’s still early. Go on and help the others build some things. You should know how to, right?”

“What things?” He looks at the whole room. The beastman felt he didn’t know anything that could be built for this room. However, he can easily learn.

“A drying rack for clothes. Hu’er wanted a hanging rack that is built inside of a big box. Song Li knows what that is, since the Sheep Tribe has those. Ask him what it looks like and build two for Hu’er.” After that, Jiu Hu walked out of the room.

“Okay.” Song Li and the beastman watched Jiu Hu wave his hands without looking at them, he went upstairs.

Song Li beckons, “Come with me to the kitchen, Song Li should be there.”

The beastman hummed and nodded. He followed him in.

The sun is already up in the sky. They couldn't delay anymore. They are in front of the gates connecting to Hu’er’s and their territory.

“Wait here. I’ll bring Jiu Lin to ‘accompany’ you.” Jiu Hu went in and left the gate slightly open.

Hu’er’s Dada went to her home to tell her that the beastman who wanted to mate her was already waiting outside.

“Where is Jiu Lin?” She heard Jiu Lin downstairs earlier. Now, her Dada is here but Jiu Lin is not. It is really odd for them to do this. Jiu Lin is always with her if any beastman, including her Daddies, is staying beside her.

“Jiu Lin is outside. I let them talk to each other first.” He pats her head.

She tilted her head and looked toward the door. “Hmmm?”

Her Dada chuckles. He explained, “If Jiu Lin called us and he is downstairs with ‘him’ then it means Jiu Lin is leaving it to you to decide whether you accept the beastman or not.”

“If he didn’t?” Hu’er looks directly at his eyes.

Jiu Hu smiles, “Then, you will meet each other outside. You still hold the final decision. He is only making you know if he is okay, not disapproving with the beastman or if he doesn't like the beastman at all.”

She nodded. “I understand.”

They both didn't talk to each other. Jiu Hu let her be when he saw how deep she was thinking.

Hu’er still doesn't know who it is. However, Jiu Lin has already given her some information about the beastman, which she feels familiar with and definitely an advantage they could get.

“Time should be enough. Let’s go down and see the result,” Jiu Hu broke the silence.

Hu’er went down full of curiosity and was a bit nervous about who the beastman was. There is a tiny bit of anticipation that the beastman will be up to her standard of beauty.

The beastman was actually inside their home. Standing with his back on their side, talking to Jiu Lin in a calm manner.

His tan back looks so firm. He is tall and bulky. His broad shoulders and muscles are the noticeable thing that Hu’er immediately caught on. It wasn't her fault that her eyes instantly went there. It’s just that, he looks so strong.

His hair is quite short compared to many beastmen. Hu’er kept on thinking where she saw him. The increasing familiarity made her determine that she already saw him somewhere.

Before she could even remember, the beastman looked towards her. Shock, “It’s you!”

4