Chapter 165 Late
87 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Happy Valentines Day~ ^°^ <3

---

Pointing at the beastman in front of him, she is shocked beyond belief. Her reaction made Jiu Hu and Jiu Lin startled.

“Hu’er?” Jiu Lin looks at her, puzzled. Then, he looks at the beastman in front of him. The beastman looks at him, no smile or anything, he is just calm as if Hu’er’s reaction is within his expectations.

Jiu Hu hesitated before asking, “Do you know him?”

Hu’er snapped out and looked at her Dada. She nodded. “Yes. I’ve seen him. He was with you back then, hunting. I also saw him trading with our family after our territory was built.”

Her Dada gave her a smile. He looks at Jiu Lin, “Well then.. Jiu Lin, I’ll leave now. Hu’er,” Jiu Hu nodded at her with reassurance. “I won't accompany you now. This is your own family’s matter. Dada will go and work.”

She nodded, “Sure, Dada. Don’t overwork~”

Jiu Hu chuckles, “I won't.”

They watched Jiu Hu leave their home. After a while, Jiu Lin looks at the beastman. “A hundred count. I’ll leave you with Hu’er. Once a hundred passes, I’ll go in without notice.”

The beastman didn’t know what to say. Giving him a time with Hu’er is a huge favor that he will always remember. He nodded. “Thank you for trusting me.”

“Hmm.” Then Jiu Lin looks at Hu’er. “I will be at the door. Call me when you need me.”

“Yes.” Hu’er already knew about it. She actually asked for it. She wants to get to know the beastman first before deciding whether to accept him or not.

Hu’er wants to spend the hundred count of Jiu Lin really well. She wanted to know about who he really is.

As the door closed, she immediately asked. “What is your name and can you tell me about your family background?”

“I’m Hu Gou. My family background… It’s a lot… I will give you a copy of our ancestry book if you want..?” Giving her the ancestry book is actually overboard. However, he is sincere and wants her to know everything about his family.

Stunned, she shook her head. “No need, it’s too much. You can just give me names that you are close with and names that you don’t like.”

He nodded in understanding. Without even thinking, Hu Guo listed, “I don't have anyone I dislike. I like 2 beastman and 2 females in my life. You, I've met you when you're still little. I also gave you a gift. I don't know if you remember but you also met my Mom when she was with Aunt Qiao."

Hu'er tilted her head, "I think... I do?"

He chuckles, "It's alright. Next is Sheng Wensi, my mom. She takes care of my brother when I’m not at the tribe. My Dad, Hu You. He makes sure my brother won't get bullied. Lastly, my brother Hu Xian. He and I are the only ones who survived when my mom gave birth to us. My mom should have given birth to six cubs. However, four died immediately when mom gave birth. I am the strongest and didn’t die. My brother is also a bit strong but gradually becomes weak and slow with thinking as he grows up. I was the one who took care of him since cubs, so he’s the closest to me.” Hu Gou is actually nervous deep inside him.

Some females don't like him due to his brother being dependent on him. He didn't care about their thoughts or attitude. Hu’er is not the same as them. Her opinion matters. It matters so much that he felt so nervous.

Hu’er took it easy though. Instead, she gave him a situation. “I understand. I know this is unreasonable but I want to know your answer. If the three of them got caught on a huge wild animal wave, I would also be in danger if you left by my side. What will you do? Who will you save?”

No hesitation, “You. If you become my mate, I will save you. I won't go away.”

Hu’er's brow raised up. “If not?”

His mind immediately spun and answered, “I’ll bring you to your future mates and Daddies. Then, try to bring my brother near you. This way you both are safe. This way I will have a reason to protect you.”

Hu Guo really doesn't need to protect her. If he doesn't have a mate yet, Hu Guo’s priority to protect is his mother and siblings. His mother has her mates who could protect her. If he could protect his siblings that would ease his Dads worries.

Hu’er smiles. She understands his reason, “What can you not do?”

“Hurt you.” No hesitation, seriously looking at her, straight to her eyes. His eyes are so deep. She felt his eyes were sucking her soul.

She suddenly felt weak. ‘How can I even continue..?’ She saw him licks his lips from nervousness. But it looks so sexy in her eyes. 'I think I need Jiu Lin to spend more nights with me,' she thought.

Blushing, her voice is trembling, “...What skills do you know?”

His face looked a bit conflicted before it relaxed. “A lot.” It is the truth and he felt it is the right word.

She hummed and said, “Give me three that are the best or most skill you use the most.”

It took him some time before he answered, “Hunting is the skill that I do the most. It includes tracking wild animals and fighting it. I can either kill it and make a ready-made food as well as preserve it or I can tame it and breed it.” He wanted to explain more about it but stopped due to limited time.

“The best skill that I have is trading. I am always included in a trading team at least once a whole season at most three times. I mostly talk to the Tribe leaders to trade. It might cost less but our relationship with every Tribe becomes much stronger, the trading team would also come back earlier with completed tasks.” The way Hu’er looks at him, made him embarrassed and he looks down.

“Blacksmith is what I love to do the most. It's to create different weapons and equipment to use for defending and attacking wild animals. Sometimes it's for everyday use, kind of equipment.” The way he speaks is so low that it makes her move forward.

“Like the knife, plates, cups and other things, you traded us.” He looks up, only to see her too close.

Flushed, he answered, “Yes.” He unconsciously step back. 'Why is she so close? I'm still an unmated beastman after all.'

They talked for a while and both looked at the door. It is because the door just opened. “It’s up.”

She nodded at Jiu Lin and looked at Hu Guo, signaling him. Jiu Lin looks at Hu Guo, “Welcome to our family."

3