Chapter 166 Late (2)
89 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hu’er agreed!” A happy yelp and hugs were thrown around. She repeated it again and again. Telling it to her mate, nodding at them as if telling them they must believe her. Even though everyone already knew it’s the truth.

She just couldn't believe it. It is not that she doesn't believe in her son, but because Hu’er’s family is different. They have a large amount of influence on the Tribe.

“You succeed…” She looks at her son with teary eyes. She could still remember those tests her son had gone through. Some of it, she wasn't allowed to see and it also meant more danger to her son. There are several beastmen who wanted to get the recommendation of being Hu’er’s mate. He fought with them in every way. There were even two times that her son lost. But in the end won the most and got the most elder’s vote.

He couldn't help but smile and nod, “Yes.”

She laughed happily, “Those gossiping females, should be so embarrassed.”

“Mom,” full of helplessness, he smiles. He is happy, really happy. Hu Guo thinks he is the happiest beastman alive today.

This is the first time they talked in a very long conversation. Wensi took advantage of it and reassured him. “Anyway, don’t worry about your brother. Your Dad and I will take care of him. Just stock up on food, fatten all those wild animals you take care of. Make as many gifts as you can. Their family is very good. They can help out our family when it comes to health related. Do your best. Take care of her.”

He hummed. “I will Mom.”

She suddenly snapped, “Are you going to change your house and live near their territory while waiting for your turn?”

Hu Guo has already thought about it. “No need, for now. However, when the time comes, I will leave the house for Hu Xian.”

His mother smiles gently, full of understanding. “That’s also good. It will just be a bit harder for you to go there and go home.”

Hu Guo shook his head, “It’s not that hard.”

“Hey! Are you at home?” Both mom and son look at the door of their home. His Dad was about to go out and welcome the female who yelled but Wensi stopped him.

She chuckles, eyes twinkling. “Oh. Here we go. Your Aunt Qiao is here.”

He volunteered, “I’ll open the gate.”

“I’ll go too.” Clearly Wensi is excited to share the good news with her good friend. Wensi’s mates also followed her.

“Hu Guo! Congratulations!”

“Aunt Qiao.” He nodded at her. Although he looks cold, his eyes hold happiness that even Aunt Qiao could see.

She looked behind Hu Guo and saw her friend walking happily and proud. Aunt Qiao laughed. “Wensi! Now, I can really say that we are family. My son and yours will become family after all. Our dreams when we were little came true!”

Wensi rolled her eyes. “You are still as energetic as ever,” laughed.

Aunt Qiao shrugged her shoulders. “What can I say? Your sons don't like the female my sons liked and vice versa. This is the first time that one of our sons likes the same female and now they have become a promised mate. How exciting is that right?” Her eyebrow up and down teasing Wensi.

And just like that, the two went to a nearby tree and gossip like there is no tomorrow. Their mates who came with them can only be quiet at the side and wait for them to finish. And the two females who dragged their sons out, went away to do more work.

On their side, they celebrate Hu Guo's successful courtship. On the other hand, the beastmen near the gates of the Fox Tribe are all dumbfounded.

“I want to be Hu’er's mate.”

“You… What?” Qiang Li, who has always been calm, just got a shock.

It is indeed shocking. A beastman, their student, who just went home days ago to reunite with his family suddenly goes back to tell them that he wanted to be their daughter’s mate.

“Please allow me to be Hu’er's mate,” he begged for the nth time.

He reasoned out and gave his all. What he can do and don't was even listed, that Qiang Li didn’t know what to say, “...”

“Please give me a chance. I have never been attracted to any female but Hu’er.” His body swayed, and his eyes were begging him to say yes.

Qiang Li looks at him with pity, “Hu’er… Just accepted a promised mate. She might not accept you. We can't help you anymore.”

His heart dropped, “Someone… Already courted her?”

He could see how exhausted He Bai Mao was. Qiang Li hesitated before giving him the gist of it, “Yes. He… He actually didn’t really court Hu’er. Hu Guo is recommended by the Tribe. Because Hu Guo is recommended by the tribe, he got a shortcut. He will still go through the process of giving food stocks and such to Hu’er but yeah… We can’t do anything for you.” Qiang Li looked behind him and saw Jia Ting, Jiu Hu, Jiu Lin and Ke Rin walking towards them. He looks at them, asking for help. Qiang Li didn't know what to do either.

Hei Bai Mao can be considered as the best of the best beastmen they ever taught. Except for medicine and cooking, his skills on other things are top notch. He only knew the basics of medicine and cooking but was an expert in everything else. That is an advantage for him.

Whoever becomes mates with Hei Bai Mao will really be so lucky. But… They are talking about their daughter, who doesn't lack a skilled beastman as her family.

Ke Rin who got a little head, suddenly felt something was wrong. He called. “Hei Bai Mao?” His eyes observed He Bai Mao’s swaying body and immediately ran towards him.

But Hei Bai Mao didn’t hear anything. He felt heavy. His heart is aching so much. Eyes red, heavily breathing, his body got defeated. “I..  I’m still late…” he muttered. Tiredness and sadness surrounds him, as everything went black.

3