Chapter 169 Make me (3)
140 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jui Lin was awakened by a small bell that was hung between Hu’er’s territory and their Dad’s territory. That bell is for him to know if they need anything. Hu’er wouldn't be able to hear it from that far but he could.

His eyes went towards a half naked female on his arms. Seeing that Hu’er is in deep sleep. Jiu Lin made sure to move more cautiously and quietly, making sure he wouldn't disturb Hu’er’s sleep.

He directly went towards the gate and saw Song Li standing there waiting for him to come in.

“What is it?” Jiu Lin asked as he closed the gate behind him.

Song Lin looks at the closed gate. “Hu’er is asleep?”

“Yes.”

Song Li took his gaze away from the gates and went straight with what he was tasked to do. “Uncles…They wanted to talk to you. Go to their meeting room, on the top floor of the dorm. I’ll guard this gate. Shun Su and the others are already guarding the other gates.”

He nodded at him and didn’t waste time. Jiu Lin walks away and goes towards the dorm.

Most of the students are already awake. They are all quietly doing their own things. Reading, writing and painting. The other students can be seen walking together and going outside. They are all armed with materials; fishing nets, traps,  bow and arrow, shovel, sickle and other materials.

Jiu Lin didn't stop to greet or observe them. This sight is normal for him. Back then, when Jiu Lin was still unmated, he also went with them. But these days have been a bit busy. Hu’er needs someone to be with her at all times. He is the only mate Hu’er has right now so he can’t go away from her far too long.

When he arrived at the meeting room, everyone inside looked at him.

“Come in. We need to tell you about Hei Bai Mao.” Jiu Lin sat down.

“Hei Bai Mao?” Jiu Lin asked. He closed the door and walked towards them.

Jiu Hu nodded. “Yes.”

He already has an inkling that Hei Bai Mao will not give up. He just didn't know what Hei Bai Mao did to make his Dads go to him and give him a chance.

His Dads will definitely decline any beastman they didn’t like and not tell him about it. But now, they all went to him for Hei Bai Mao.

He's not complaining either. Jiu Lin knew Hei Bai Mao and his skills. He is definitely a top notch student that his Dads’ teaching right now.

Thinking about how to delay this from happening, Jiu Lin remembered Hu Guo. “Did he do a test?” In Jiu Lin’s mind, ‘It will be unfair to Hu Guo if another beastman will swoop in without being tested.’

However, Jia Ting’s answer is not within his expectations, “Those tests are only for Tribes recommendation. The beastmen in a normal way can court Hu’er freely. You, the mate, can test, fight, hunt, or decide what to do. Sometimes beastmen don't need to go through you. They will directly go to females. However, it will only happen when females are already at that age.”

Just thinking about it, made him feel Hu’er’s territory is too small. He pursed his lips, “At what age?”

This time it was Min He who answered, “Fifteen whole seasons. Anyway you should know this. If you have a daughter in the future, this will be helpful. First, the female's family can only decide who their daughter can mate for three times. After that, it will be her decision if she will take them in or not. Once she has a mate, most beastmen who want to be her mate will go through him first before asking the female.” Jiu Lin feels like he needs paper to write it all. Luckily for his good memory, he can remember it.

“Some families will push through and make their daughters mate more than they are usually allowed. It’s also not against the rules of our Tribe… It’s just what we usually do for more than a season,” Min He added. Indeed, all females have been restricted themselves to do so. They also became picky towards who they will mate.

Jiu Lin asked, “Like, letting the beastman in our house once I agree with him?”

Min He immediately answered, “Yes.”

Jiu Lin thought that it was too time consuming and restricted them quite a lot so he wondered, “So we can just not do that?”

Stunned, they didn’t know what to say. It took Min He a while to answer him. “...yes.” Since it is not really a rule or there is anything that would be against the tribe, not doing it is also fine.

“Okay.” Jiu Li nodded. He didn’t want to do it again. Either way whether a beastman becomes Hu’er’s mate or not still depends on what she thinks. He just needs to be extra cautious. The things that can be skipped, will be skipped.

Due to being in a rush and short time, Jiu Hu and the rest gave Jiu Lin some situations that could be helpful to his situation right now. They plan to give more lessons to Jiu Lin once Song Li becomes Hu’er’s mate. For now they will teach the others first. After all Hu’er needs Jiu Lin to be with her at all times.

“Do you have any other questions?” Min He asked.

Jiu Lin nodded. “Does this unspoken rule apply to other tribes?”

Min He answered, “Near our tribe, yes. But far, most of them don’t. They have their own way.”

“Alright, that’s all. I think.” Jiu Lin is trying to comprehend all the knowledge he just got. It was a lot but he still can cope with it.

Jia Ting stood up. “If you ever have any questions in the future don’t hesitate to ask us.”

Jiu Lin nodded, “I will. Thank you.”

Jiu Hu pat Jiu Lin’s should as a sign of encouragement. “We will leave them to you tomorrow. For now, we will see what you can do and check what we can help and teach you. We will stand behind you and guide you when needed.”

Nodding, “En. Then, I will go first.”

“Go on.”

1