Chapter 171 Song Li
105 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 3


The days passed by so fast. Looking at Hu’er, Jiu Lin felt like it was just yesterday when he mated Hu’er. Now, Hu’er seems to have a huge change, from a little female into a full grown female.

Her looks, her body and even how he carries herself makes Jiu Lin much drawn to Hu’er. Yet it’s already time. It’s time for him to go for a bit and give Hu’er a space.

“I need to go and join the traders for a bit.” He smiles at Hu’er to reassure her. He didn't want her to be worried. He has been thinking about going out of the tribe, planning to go away while Hu’er accepted another mate.

Hu’er, who is painting a beautiful flower, got startled and ruined it. Yet all of it is nothing to how shocked she is. “You’ll join the team?”

Jiu Lin nodded and sat down in front of her. “Just once every whole season. The day the trader will go out is the right day for me.”

“When? Do all beastmen—tods need to?” She still isn't used to calling beastmen a tod. 

Jiu Lin nodded. Then, he explained to her, “Yes, once a whole season as a Fox tribesman all tods need to help the traders. Don’t worry. Not only will we have a lot of beastmen to travel with, we will also have a share of the things that we traded.”

Hu’er is not familiar with how tods work for the tribe. She does know that her Daddies will go out sometimes but never thought of the reason why. Now, she got the answer for it. They actually all went out once every whole season to join the traders.

The danger outside the tribe is definitely higher, especially as a trader they need to spend days in the forest. “Can you not go?” She looks at him, begging. Jiu Lin opened his mouth but closed it again. “Please..” Hu’er leaned on him, using all her charm on him.

He stiffened “I can…” Jiu Lin sighs, “It is my decision to go.”

“Why?” She whined and rubbed herself on him.

“I… Just… I want to give you space. I might not be able to give it to you if I’m nearby.” He looks at her full of love and possessiveness.

That made her stop. “I understand… Then, the next whole season, can you not go?”

‘I won't be alone at the time,’ he thought before nodding, “I can. If you want to, the next whole season, I won't go.”

She hugged him and snuggled in his arms. Hu’er looks up, “Will the tribe be okay with that?”

Jiu Lin nodded at her and caressed face. “I only need to give the tribe a whole wild animal and a bucket of fish. There can be other things that are equivalent to that.”

Her eyes shine, “Then do that now!? Yeah?” She nodded at him eagerly.

He smiles helplessly. Jiu Lin held her face in both hands and looked at her eyes, he then told her that, “Going out is also good for beastmen. We can use our energy to kill wild animals or travel far to remember the places. We are just trading so it’s much safer.”

She pouted. “Fine. What will our tribe need to trade?”

“Salted fish for the winter,” he answered.

Hu’er remembers that there is still a lot of salted fish in their storeroom. “Do we need a lot?”

Jiu Lin nodded and explained to her, “Yes, but some will also be traded to the Main Coon Tribe for some fruit seeds and animal skins.”

She grew quiet and sighed, “It’s safe right?”

“Yes, of course.” They look at each other for a while.

Hu’er saw that he is determined to go, she can only ask, “Then, what is the estimated day you can go back?”

A relief flashed through his eyes. “Seven to ten days. It will be fast. We only need to go to the Pelican Tribe.”

“Is it too far? Why ten days?” Ten days is quite long for her. She might not see him for days but at least Jiu Lin is inside the tribe and safe. Now that he is going out, she’s worried that something might happen to him.

He kissed her on the head and explained gently, “It will take us a long day because of the things that we will be carrying. We can't rush or change into a beast to run fast.”

Jiu Lin told her stories of when he came out of the tribe and slept in the forest. It is all full of warmth and light hearted. He didn't fully tell her the fights and blood but only the gist of it. He gave her assurance that he will be fine going out of the tribe.

And after all those stories, Hu’er knew that he couldn’t stop him from going. “I’ll miss you…” She pouted.

He kissed her. “I will too.”

Hu’er gave him another kiss but Jiu Lin took it deeper.

“It’s still too early,” she muttered while panting.

“Nothing is early when it comes to loving you.” Jiu Lin carried her to bed and made sure that Hu’er would have the best day ever.

The sun goes down and the moon shines brightly up in the dark sky, yet the moans and pants can still be heard from the closed door.

The sun has not risen yet but most of the Tods, fox beastmen, are all awake and energetic.

Some of them are outside of Hu’er's territory. They are also tods that will join today's trading journey. Other beastmen who are living in the Fox tribe are also coming with them.

“Jiu Lin, let's go.” Jia Ting called him.

Jia Ting is holding some food and cloth that they will trade with other tribes. Not only Jia Ting is coming with Jiu Lin, Hei Bai Mao, Hu Guo and Shun Su are also going to join the traders today.

Jiu Lin looks back at the closed gates of Hu’er's territory. He sighed and turned his back. “Coming.”

1