Chapter 12 Miracle
593 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone is quiet. They were already sad when the elder started talking. It is what the elders work after all. They didn't stop him. No one spoke. No one wants to talk about their mate. They also didn't know how to tell Hu'er about her Mommy.

Hu'er felt it though so she didn't push them to answer her question. In front of them, they could see some beastmen and an old female waiting below an old tree. Before they could even arrive, her Dada sighed, "She's dead. We will tell you what happened to your Mommy when the time comes."

'When will the time come?'

"Ah, Hu'er! I miss you, my little baby!" The Old woman came to pick her up. Hu'er looks at her Dada and saw everyone have a helpless look. Their sadness and helplessness from earlier are now replaced by respect. "Old Mom," they greeted.

"Sticky men who kept on hiding my Hu'er. If only these old bones of mine can walk so far, I would be in your house every day." The truth is, her mates didn't want to let her out. Her body is old and she also got an injury nearly two whole seasons ago.

Pinching Hu'er, she smiles, "I heard Hu'er is smart and strong. That's great, it means you passed the hurdle. My mate surely told you everything now. I'm lucky to breastfeed such a cute darling." His mate is the elder who gave her a lot of information.

Hu'er's eyes widened and looked at her Daddies asking for an explanation. "She's your grandmom, your mommy's mom. She—" the scholar daddy suddenly got interrupted by the old woman.

"Your mommy died from childbirth. You haven't even gotten out when she died. Luckily, I was there and forcefully took you out by cutting your mommy's tummy, or else you wouldn't be alive. I just gave birth ten days ago that time when I saved you so I have milk in me. I breastfeed and took care of you while waiting for your daddies to turn normal. It's a pity my body can't give birth anymore. Giving birth to twelve cubs is risky. Let's go to my stinky mate and bless you well." Whether Hu'er could understand or not, the old woman didn't think much.

Her Grandmommy didn't see the expression of the males behind her. They wanted to tell Hu'er about it when she grew much older, but now she knew. Hu'er mind was too chaotic to even respond. Even her mate, the elder, looks at them as if asking for an apology.

Back then, they didn't want to cut their mate's tummies. They gave a huge fight. But every beastmen knew that the baby inside might still be alive. However, they weren't in the right mind back then. They only stop fighting when they hear the sound of a female baby crying. They could only feel thankful that Old Mom took Hu'er away from them. They only got her back when the winter was coming and their mind was much clearer.

"I heard you guys went around earlier. You scheme too much. Make sure to remember that you need to take the beastmen's gifts. You also don't need to worry, Hu'er is the youngest, she might get the least gift since the other one just got blessed and I heard she received more than half of single beastmen who haven't given any female a gift." The tribe leader saw that they scoffed and looked disdainful.

He knew that this beastmen isn't acting like that because of him but because of the female who suddenly gave birth at the same time their mate was giving birth. They believe that it is the female's fault for giving birth early. Especially when they knew that it wasn't her day to give birth.

She is fifteen days early. She heard that Hu'er's Mommy is giving birth and also knew that she is also pregnant with a female baby. She jumped and created a ruckus that made her give birth early. That female even went to their home and laughed evilly when she heard that their mate died. They remember that the female said, "If you had chosen me this wouldn't happen. One, one, one, they were right. This is a curse. How's your baby? It's getting colder. Will she die?" The tribe leader indeed punished her but that didn't do anything. No matter how bad she is, she is a female and her punishment is just her living in a dark cave for two days. Nevertheless, because of her words, they all hope that Hu'er will live well and make her see it. That's the best thing they could do.

That female is living at the end of the Fox tribe from the south. While they are living at the end of the tribe from the north. That female who gave birth early hates their mate and it is also because of them. All the physicians except for two physicians fell in love with Shu Lin, their mate, Hu'er's mother. The two physicians are her mates, she believes that the other physician would like her too.

Everyone thought that today was making them reminisce about their mate. Later they will put an offering on Shu Lin's grave.

"Let's do the ritual now, to welcome and bless our new female baby, Jiuweihu, Hu'er. Hu'er you will feel pain later, just cry and it will soon pass. You all can't interfere."

Hu'er was put below the tree. Everyone steps far and the tribe leader starts muttering some words that Hu'er couldn't understand. All of her Daddies look worried. The ritual was too long. She is waiting for the pain to come yet there is none. The freshness of the breeze, the warmth of the sun, and the smell of flowers made her feel so comfortable. She leans on the trees and is drowsy and feels sleepy.

'Is it fine to sleep? Well, my body is still a baby, maybe they won't blame me?' she yawned and closed her eyes. What she didn't know is that a miracle appeared.

13