Chapter 13 Spring Hunting Season
561 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything is so great today for Hu'er's family, well for Hu'er but for her Daddies and brothers they all look like someone ready to become a murderer.

Hu'er woke up when Hunk Daddy carried her. It was just in time to see beastmen surrounding them. They all have a welcoming gift, which is also a symbol that they want to become her mate. Gifts are something Hu'er likes but the one who gives gifts wants what she desires. Her eyes were shining and she kept on swallowing.

The Daddies have no choice but to take all the gifts they gave. The elders and tribe leader are just on the side, they couldn't do any tricks. The Daddies, although swarmed by beastmen, kept on walking forward toward their house. Planned to run when the tribe leader can't see them anymore.

The tribe leader and elders watched the fanfare as they went far. Their mate, Old Mom, is laughing at the sight. "This is the first time it happened. What's wrong with our people?" Elder Wu looks at his mate in amusement. It had been a while since he saw his mate laugh so happily.

"What else could it be? Those stinky men of my daughter want to run immediately to their house. Some beastmen heard it and their son, who already had a cub, suggested swarming them immediately after the ritual to have more time as well as making them unable to reject the gifts. But I heard Jiu Su's son is still finishing a paintbrush for Hu'er, him suggesting that is only to buy time for his son." Just as Hu'er grandmommy said, Jiu Su's son run towards Hu'er house.

"Old Dad, my son is here!" Hunk Daddy was about to step inside the house when Jiu Su suddenly appeared in front of them.

Hunk Daddy glared at him. Jiu Su is his biological son but compared to Hu'er this son can now go away. Shoving him away, Jiu Su's son appeared and transformed in front of them. "Paintbrush…" Shun Su breathed heavily.

Shun Su is six whole seasons old. He transformed last winter when he was only five whole seasons old. Just turned six three days ago. His potential is great. He is also an apprentice of an elder who is a great wood carver.

Hunk Daddy took it and went into the house. The patients are looking at them but Hunk Daddy and the other Daddies directly went up to Hu'er's room. All the gifts except for the paintbrush were thrown away in the study room of Hu'er.

Hu'er is holding the paintbrush, inspecting it well. The paintbrush is made of wood, there are delicate carves of flowers and berries. The hair seems to be the hair of the little fox that gave her the paintbrush. Hu'er noticed writing. She still didn't know how to read other things.

"What is this?" Hu'er walked towards her scholar Daddy and asked him.

"Shun Su." Scholar daddy saw that she was confused so he explained, "All beastmen must put their name to the gift. This is to assure the female baby that they will wait for the right time to become their mate."

Hu'er heard someone questioning Hunk Daddy so she looked at them. "Why didn't you immediately go in? While waiting for Jiu Su's son. I got at least five extra gifts. We could have gotten in and refused everyone then just taken your grandson's gift."

"That would be unfair to others. At least now; son, grandson, or such must be refused. Or they would look at Hu'er as if she's biased," Hunk Daddy muttered.

"He's right. Anyway, getting these gifts doesn't mean we need to let them be Hu'er's mate. Hu'er is still the one who will decide about this," Hu'er's number three physician said.

While the Daddies planned to organize the gift, her scholar daddy said, "Gifts can only be made by the beastmen themselves. This paintbrush is great. I would ask elders to teach you how to read and write."

Eyes shine, Hu'er nodded, "Tomorrow!"

Chuckles, "Alright."

Meanwhile, in the study room, the daddies want to throw everything out yet couldn't.

"Let's just be happy. I could still remember our mate's gift room back to them. It is at most, triple than these gifts." A man at the very corner spoke. He is the first mate of Shu Lin and also her brother, not from the same father. He could still remember how he nearly couldn't see where the path is to home, because of the gifts.

"Your son also gave Hu'er a gift?" Hunk Daddy looks at the number three physician.

He laughs, "He gave it to me when the ritual just finished. The dress is well made, shall we let Hu'er wear it?" They all snorted at him and continued organizing the gifts.

Dada took the dress and went up to Hu'er's room. "From Jiu Lin. That sneaky boy has thoughts about Hu'er. Make sure not to let him in."

Scholar Daddy caught the dress and nodded "Looks good. Do you like it Hu'er?"

Nods, "From brother Jiu Lin?" Confused, she waited for an answer.

"Brothers can also mate their siblings, not unless you both have the same Daddy. It's rare to have that situation. I'm your biological Daddy and Jiu Lin's Daddy is Yun He," Dada explained. Hu'er knew that her Dada is her biological daddy because she looks more like him than any other daddy.

"Yun He?"

"He is your Daddy too. Also one of the physicians rarely talks. Jiu Lin is should be Yun Lin but since he is the first child, we gave him, Tribe Leader's name. The tribe leader's name is Jiu Shu. Most often than not, the first child will be given a Shu or Jiu in their name to respect the leader." Scholar daddy is folding the dress. "Wear this tomorrow, comfortable to wear while writing."

Someone went up. "Dad…" Both of them look at Jiu Lin, glaring. He coughed, "The Tribe Leader gave a reminder that tomorrow is Spring Hunting Season." Then he looks at her "Hu'er…"

Dada stood up and dragged Jiu Lin down with him. "Will he be okay?" Hu'er looks at Scholar Daddy.

"Hmm. Don't worry. They will prepare for the Spring Hunting Season." Every time Hu'er is with Scholar Daddy her knowledge will grow. He never treats her as a vase that needs to just be in a corner and is just pretty. Instead, he treats her like a daughter that needs to be taught.

Suddenly Scholar Daddy feels that it was unfair that Hu'er knew Yun He's name and not his name. He still has principles and starts with her biological Daddy, "Hu'er, your Dada's name is Jiu Hu. He is the son of your granddaddy's brother, the tribe leader. Your mommy's Dada is Elder Shu, the one who is teaching you. My name is Min He, my mom is from the far East of the tribe." Hu'er felt this family was complicated and she didn't want to think about it anymore. What Hu'er didn't know is that she was lucky not to know much about her other family, the imperial family.

14