Chapter 14 What Meat Looks Like
591 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been eight days since Hu'er was welcomed. As usual, she hasn't gotten out that much either. She did it twice but all the Daddies kept on sending her back because of the constant attention from the beastmen. 

Another two days after that day, half of her Daddies were sent out to do hunting. Min He, Jiu Hu, Hunk Daddy, and many of her Daddies reluctantly attend it.

Eight physicians are in the hunting group, plus her hunk daddy. She feels like Hunk Daddy can protect them. And yes, Hu'er still doesn't know her Hunk Daddy's name as they are all too busy, and she thought to ask them all when they got back from hunting. She will learn how to write and write their name when the time comes.

Hu'er was left with Yun He, who kept on giving her to Jiu Lin, very much in favor of her so she didn't mind. The little fox that she carried for the first time will come and go to their home with Shun Su. That little fox is her brother's friend. And he also 'sneakily' gave the gifts to one of her brothers who haven't been able to transform. He gave a crystal hair ornament that was ground by his nails. And yes some of his nails got ruined. They will send some fruits, flowers, stones, and just anything interesting outside too. Some beastmen like Jiu Lin gave some gems, crafts like clothes, and some tools for her to use.

These days it is a learning day for Hu'er. Elder Shu has been teaching her how to read and write. She was quite good at painting back then. She also does a little bit of calligraphy. Learning how to write is something she can do better than reading. It is because she also needs to pronounce it right.

Today, the eighth day, she finally could write all of the characters, still couldn't speak them right from time to time but the elder rewarded her! The elder got someone from the Panda tribe to get a bamboo bed. She won't need to sleep on the floor now like she used to. The bed just needs a pile of fur blankets so it wouldn't be too hard for her.

"Elder! The bed is here!" Hu'er who's learning how to pronounce 'Spring' stops and looks where the voice came from.

"Oh. Hu'er, do you want to go down?" The Elder grinned.

Her eyes shine and excitedly says, "Yes!"

Jiu Lin carried her down with the elder. He suddenly feels like getting her out is a bad idea. But she was already so excited, he could only follow the elder out.

When Jiu Lin steps out, he turns around wanting to go back. "Ah ah ah. Jiu Lin, your sister wants to see the bed." Elder Shu wants to stop him, but Jiu Lin definitely wouldn't stop. Elder Shu still holds him tight. He pursed his lips and looked at the elder.

Hu'er, confused, looks outside and sees a handsome man who seems to be the age of her Daddies with three young men and a little child.

"Lin! Don't you miss us? Want to hang out?" The other man grinned at her and waved. The two young men are friends of Jiu Lin back when he was learning how to sew a dress. Their father is good at sewing dresses and taught him.

"Young Lin is losing his manners. Can't you at least stay for a little bit?" The Daddy panda gently said. 

Hu'er, who has been bewitched by the two young pandas, snaps out and thinks, 'Is he threatening my man? I mean my brother?' She looked and scrutinized him.

"I apologize. I haven't been teaching him well. Go and greet them. Make sure to entertain them well, Jiu Lin." Daddy Yun took her from Jiu Lin and passed Elder Shun. This is his son, of course, he knew what he did for the panda just so he could learn how to sew. He didn't learn it for free, he spent his days working for them in winter.

"Will brother be okay?" Hu'er muttered when they finally arrived at their house.

"You've learned how to care for Jiu Lin, that's good. He will be fine. We have a blood connection with that panda. They wouldn't dare to hurt him."

"Blood connection?"

"Yes. My uncle, a fox beastman, is his dad. He has fox blood in him but his beast isn't a fox. His mate's blood is much more powerful than his, making all her cubs panda." He explained and let her sit on the fur blankets. Hu'er wanted to ask more questions but Yun He looked out and said, "Your Daddies are back. Let's wait a little bit, then go down." Hu'er nodded and looked out. She missed them.

Hu'er waited and waited and waited. 'When can we go?'  just as she thought of that, Yun He carried her down.

"I know Dad, but we have a lot of females who will surely like the idea of getting a panda mate. As of now, let Hu'er grow. Even if you want to let her choose a mate, it will still be a fox first." Hu'er heard Dada's voice. Saw the Tribe leader's expression isn't right.

"Dada!" They all looked toward her. Hu'er didn't see the Pandas anymore. She stretches her hand wanting to go to her Dada.

Her Dada took her. Hu'er looks at his hair and touched it. "I took a bath first before coming here so you wouldn't get sick."

"I don't like Pandas. They bully my brother." They, even the tribe leader, were stunned. The tribe leader sighed and thought that he might need to change Elder Shu to her mentor. With that attitude and how smart she is, Hu'er surely knows that Elder Shu purposely uses 'rewarding' her so another beastmen tribe could see her.

"Okay, we won't like them," her Dada muttered and caressed her face. Changing the topic, he asks, "Did you miss us?"

"Yes!" Hu'er nodded and hugged him tightly. She squealed and kissed him on his cheeks.

He chuckles, "We miss Hu'er too. Do you want to see what meat looks like?"

13