Chapter 15 What? How? Why? Where?
534 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Min He got closer to them. "Let her see the fruits we got first. I'll bring her there. You still got some wounded beastmen to help. Yun He, call someone to bring this bed to Hu'er room. We can't refuse a reward that was given to Hu'er when she did well learning." He took Hu'er and brought her to the fruits they harvested.

Tribe Leader looked at his son and sighed. "I'll change Hu'er's mentor."

"No need to find someone else. Min He doesn't have anything to do for the next few days. He will teach her," Jiu Hu stated and went into the house.

When the Tribe Leader went home he complained about it to his mate. "You Old stinky men kept on dipping yourself into someone else's business. Let them do whatever they want. The tribe isn't lacking anything. Just focus on doing your work." Then thought that she needed to talk to Elder Shu, and correct his mind later.

"Fine, I'll do that. But for now, I want to focus on you instead." The tribe leader jumped on her and she yelped.

—————

The harvest they got is good. Although not the same as when it's fall, it is a decent harvest. When beastmen do their hunting days and harvest in the forest, half will be given to the tribe and half will be their stock. If it's normal hunting and harvesting and there is no event, it is fine to keep it all or give some when there is a lot.

Hu'er has been tasting fruit after fruit. Min He will only let her taste one fruit per type, sometimes only a bite to make sure she wouldn't get a stomach ache.

The beastmen who were arranging the harvest didn't stop them at all. Females can try some if they want and they don't even take much. Some beastmen even wanted to give them a bunch but were rejected by Min He.

"Let's go to the wild animal that we caught. We also got some small animals that we can breed too. Don't be scared, it might look ugly but the taste of the meat is good." Min He gently looked at her in assurance, which made her curious. What animals she will see?

At a distant Hu'er could see some beastmen who are skinning the wild animals, some chopping and marinating them with salt. Her eyes are not blurry and are still fine, yet what she sees is a color purple wild animal.

"These are the wild animals. Once you grow up and go out often, you need to remember that once you see such a thing, hide, don't run. It will be more agitated if you run. Only run if the wild animal is targeting you." But everything that Min He said didn't go into Hu'er's ears.

 'What is this? How did animals become like this? Why is it, Violet? Where am I?'

—-----

It's been days since she first saw the wild animals and today has been a busy day. Summer is getting nearer. The men just came back from hunting and trading some stuff nearby. Hu'er has lived for at least 160 days in this world already.

Min He taught Hu'er every day from the start. She now knew more words and could say them well. The only thing she feels is hard, pronouncing some words. But she got better and better at speaking now.

Hu'er is watching her brothers make some crafts and play. That's right, the little foxes came to visit her. Until now she couldn't believe that these foxes are much older than her. Huli Jing sighed and yet again started organizing the information she got.

'First, this place is different from the world that I was in. Specific? Unknown.

There are 500 days in a whole season. That's right they call it the whole season, not the year. There are four seasons in the whole season; spring, summer, fall, and winter. In spring there are 150 days, 127 days in summer, 138 days in fall, and 185 days in winter.

It is also very odd that the days don't change like there is no early winter or something like that. Daddy Min He said it is because the Beast God controls the seasons. Beast God is their God.

They have five-time a day Sunrise, Early Dish, Midday, Late Dish, and Sunset. I don't know how they know when the Early, Midday, and Late Dish are. Daddy Min He said that it's when you suddenly feel hungry. I always feel hungry though.

There are two hunting days. Half of the beastmen of the tribe will hunt for 5-10 days. It is only every 70th day of Spring and the 61st day of Fall. Another event is Beast God day. They will offer food to the Beast God on the first day of Summer, wishing that it won't be too hot.

They are not fox spirits but are called beastmen. Half man and half beast can transform into a full beast.

I am in the Fox Tribe, most of the beast men here are foxes. According to Daddy Min He, there are only two females that are not foxes. One is a deer and the other is a Monkey. They also gave birth to the same beastmen. Two deers and one monkey. But mostly foxes.

Four tribes are near their tribe. In the North is the Deer Tribe, South is the Monkey Tribe, West is Panda Tribe, and East is Sheep Tribe. The location of the tribe is good. The Deer Tribe is good at planting berries and vegetables. Monkey Tribe is good at planting fruit trees and making wine. The Panda Tribe is good at crafting anything with the use of bamboo. Sheep Tribe is good at creating clothes, blankets, and such, they even use their wool but rarely, only when they want the female.

The only competitors of the Fox tribe when it comes to hunting some wild animals are monkeys, but most monkeys like fruits more than meat.

Wild animals are different from beast men. The difference is the color and its eyes. Wild animals have violet skin and one could see red lines where their blood is flowing. Their eyes are either all black or have a red iris. They also can't transform into half human and half beast.

The population of the Fox Tribe is 3,175 with 111 females from old to young and 3064 beastmen. There are 1,058 all old beastmen that are still alive and their mates are dead already. Most of them are working for the tribe and some are just waiting for their death to come. The remaining ones are young beastmen whose mate died from childbirth like my Daddies, but most of them are all single and still a cub.

Females will have tails and ears but in human form when at birth. They can't transform into beasts. Males are beasts when they are still young, and will only be half-human into half-human when they have already lived five whole seasons to ten.

Females have several mates. Mates are the female husbands. In the Fox tribe female can have at least five mates their whole life. But why would I want less? Of course, get more to pamper my eyes.

Did I forget something? Nah, I shouldn't be right?'

12