Chapter 18 Genealogy
447 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two winters passed when they heard a voice. Her voice travels all over the place. Everyone heard her. They called her the beast god. She apologized and explained what happened. The black book's owner is her. She threw it away and it coincidentally got into this place. She could feel that it was already destroyed so she thought everything would be fine. Never knew that someone already used the ritual that was written in the black book. She only found out now. Since it is her fault, she blessed everyone and nature. The gray place instantly becomes full of life. Trees, grass, flowers, and almost every plant sprouted magically. She also gave them the tree of life in every part of the place, this is for females to grow strong. She said that females being weak might be the reason why everything started. She apologized again before they finally couldn't hear her voice.

It also feels like they were given coal in winter. They needed the females now. They saw how they are slowly decreasing. If there is no female then their tribe will die, and no one will continue guarding the tribe as there will be no new cubs. Those who are alone joined the tribe to which they belong.

Females have been blessed by the trees immediately that day when the tree of life appeared. The females will know if they are blessed because of the reconstruction of their bones, which is painful. But they can only be blessed once. They all could see the changes that the much younger females had. Season after season their growth was fast. And so, they tried giving blessings to a newborn female yet it didn't work, that's the time when they finally knew that females must survive two winters first.

While everything is happening to the females, the beastmen learned how to trade. Those who can plant food, hunt wild animals, and make things that beastmen and tribes need were traded. Even those who have an excess of females traded them for food and other goods to let the other females live.

When the situation stabilized, the female became the one who had more mates and not the males anymore. They also found out that if the female sincerely accepted the beastmen, the female will magically get a sign on their body. It will appear when they need to use the strength of their mate, but can only do it once a day. Their mates, beastmen who got accepted will also gain a sign on their body, which chained the fate of the male. Beastmen can't and won't betray or do anything bad to their mate as they will age much faster. But this is just nothing compared to the fact that they could live longer as long as they could.

The signs also evolved. Everyone who mated with a female will get the sign with or without being sincere.

About the curse… It is because when other beastmen are lacking females, some don't have any, and our tribe, Fox Tribe, is still hiding the females underground. Living underground where the female is the reason for the huge chaos, died. Although the female foxes live well underground they never got any freedom. They also found out that once a female baby is born, one female will die. It was the start where the tribe believed that we got cursed for the fox female who used the black book. What they didn't know was that the female fox can still give birth to a baby female at least once in two to three whole seasons but the other tribe's females can only give birth to a female once in five to eight whole seasons.

The females only got out from the underground when the Fox tribe already got their land. It was also the time when the Fox tribe adapted the way of other tribes. And now, here we are. Hu'er, I believe that you have already broken the curse. Others, though, will only believe it when another female baby is born." Everyone is looking at Hu'er.

Hu'er couldn't help but ask, "Have the Fox tribe traded females for food?"

Jiu Hu shook his head. "No. Never. But we traded food for their females though. But they were never included in the population of the fox tribe. If their sons or daughters are foxes, they will be included. If not then they wouldn't be but if they are female, they are still entitled to be blessed."

"Are they treated well?" Hu'er whispered.

This time Min He is the one who answered, "Of course they are. Although their name isn't in the tribe genealogy, the treatment is still the same. They just aren't included because of the so-called curse. Maybe, if it is proven that it 'broke' already, they can be written in our tribe genealogy."

"Jiu! My mate is giving birth! It's female! We need your help!" Someone was panicking outside and kept on knocking on the door.

All her physician's daddies stood up and left after saying they will come back to her. "Speaking of and it shall come." All beastmen know how to help their mate give birth to cubs but they would need the help of a physician if it is female, and the cubs are more than six.

Min He looks at her and smiles. "Fortunately, Hu'er traded yourself to guard the altar rather than your Dada guarding it. Or else Jiu Hu wouldn't be able to help the birth of a new female member."

"Daddy Min He is great too! Guarding the altar rather than letting Daddy Yun He do it." She grinned at him.

"Of course! How can I let my Hu'er be alone?" Min He ruffled her hair and chuckled.

"We won't leave you to Hu'er," one of her Daddies muttered.

Min He scoffed and started to coax Hu'er to sleep. Soon, Hu'er sleeps soundly.

"Don't spread what you heard today. Keep it to yourself." Then Min He combs Hu'er's hair gently as if he wasn't the one who warned them.

9