Chapter 19 Fishing and Harvesting Food
454 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun is shining brightly yet it wasn't as hot as the first summer day. They believe that the Beast God gave them mercy because a blessed female baby was born. Now the rumors are spreading in the tribe. They now treat the baby as the 'blessed one'.

The female who gave birth to the blessed out is so happy that she kept on boasting about it outside when she is supposed to be resting. This caused her to get sick. She then remembered the curse and got afraid. Although Hu'er is the 'one hundred eleventh' female, she thought that Hu'er dead mother save her child that's why she can live. The female became so afraid that she didn't want to see her daughter anymore or go out.

Other females are acting very cautious and their mates are all guarding them making sure no female will die.

Hu'er's family is the most affected by those things though. They believe that Hu'er is their lucky star and that nothing will happen. The only thing that kept them so busy is the beastmen kept on calling them to check the females' health.

Yun He didn't join the trip of going back and forth from one house to another. He felt fine and no one could push him around when he used the excuse of 'I need Hu'er's company' when he just didn't want to run around and communicate. If there is someone he wanted to talk to, that will be Hu'er, so might as well stay with Hu'er. The other physician knows about him just making excuses but they let him be.

Right tonight now, Hu'er and Daddy Yun He are preparing to go out. They wanted to let Hu'er experience and watch how they harvested and prepare the food. All her Daddies who don't have work or are not busy are already outside 

"Daddy, can I see the baby?" Hu'er is throwing the ball back and forth between her hands. She wanted to see the blessed baby. Hu'er's definitely doing so because she's curious not that she wanted to see if the baby is beautiful or what, definitely not.

"Hmm? The new female baby?" Yun He raised his eyebrow. He is braiding Hu'er hair.

"Yes," said Hu'er as she nods.

Yun He stopped braiding her hair and told her to, "Stay still." Before answering, "No, you can't. Even Daddy can only go there when they need help." It wasn't specifically him who will go there too though.

"Then Daddy, when can I see the baby?" She stopped playing with the ball and threw it on the bamboo basket where her toys are.

Yun He who just finished braiding her hair saw the ball shoot in the basket. "Great shot. When she survived two winters." Then he thought about the three female babies that are near their home, "If you want to see female babies, I can ask someone if we can go and see them. You might also see some adult females later.l when we go out." Females rarely go out when it's summer but because it isn't that hot now there is a possibility that they might go out.

"Yes, please!" She saw any female except for her grandmom. Her grandmom is beautiful too. Hu'er does love seeing beautiful people, that includes females. Hu'er raised her hands so Yun Be could pick her up.

"Okay, I will. But you might only be able to see them after summer, not today." Yun He picked her up and poked her nose. He also thought that maybe everyone was already calm at that time.

"Hu'er can wait," she grinned.

Yun He and Hu'er went out followed by the little foxes and Jiu Lin who never spoke. Yun He looks back and glances at Jiu Lin then points at the house where there is a female baby. Signaling him to ask them about what Hu'er wanted. Jiu Lin shook his head. He didn't want to talk to any female, afraid that he would get entangled with them. Yun He glared at him but Jiu Lin didn't budge. Three of his younger brothers knew what to do and ran towards the neighbor's tree house. Hu'er, who is too occupied, didn't see them signaling to each other.

Yun He finally noticed who Hu'er is looking at, a female. She's one of the females who are near their home but all her children are beastmen. He knows that Hu'er wants to meet a female but that female has too many sons, and Hu'er will get endangered. Before he could even think what to do, the female already saw them. The female's eyes are shining and beckon Yun He to go to her. Helpless, Yun He brought Hu'er to her.

While they're walking toward them, the female whispers to her mate and her mate run toward their home. Yun He suddenly felt cold. "Ah, little female. Your name is Hu'er right?" She lightly touches her cheeks.

"Yes, what's your name?" Hu'er tilted her head to make herself cuter.

"They were right. You are indeed strong and smart. My name is Xiang Qiao, you can call me Aunt Qiao." The more Xiang Qiao looks at Hu'er the more she felt satisfied. She even nodded and felt proud.

"Aunt Qiao," Hu'er sweetly called her.

Before Aunt Qiao could speak a small fox came running toward them. She carried the little fox. "Do you know this fox?"

Yun He wanted to run his daughter away from here but looking at her daughter who is smiling brightly, he couldn't do it.

Hu'er nodded, "Xin Hua, my brother's friend."

Aunt Qiao's eyes shined. Females who remember the single beastman's name have more probability that they will become their mate. She really feels proud that his son has good eyes and can choose well. Her son is so smart too! He can make the little female remember him.

Yun He took the opportunity to speak, "This, we still need to go."

"Where are you going?" Aunt Qiao raised her eyebrow.

"Fishing and Harvesting Food," he helplessly answered. He really couldn't do anything to females. His mate is the only gentle female he knew. Even Hu'er is quite mischievous.

"That's great! Let my son and his father help you. So Hu'er can have more food. Do well with your jobs." Aunt Qiao put her son in her mate's arms and went home before Yun He could even say no.

The father and son look at Yun He acting innocent. Yun He sighed and started walking toward the river. The two followed them behind Jiu Lin and the other little foxes.

9