Chapter 20 Fishing and Harvesting Food (2)
429 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The river that is on their side is so clear. Violet fishes are swimming swiftly. But instead of staying on the river to start fishing, Yun He walked forward to where there were beastmen working.

Yun He and the rest arrived at the only plantation that the tribe had. It is very big. It is divided into large squares. While they are walking in some beastmen would look at them, specifically at Hu'er. No other female will go here at this time. Most females will only go here when it's Fall. Yun He didn't care about them staring at Hu'er, all of them are someone who has a mate already. Females wouldn't dare to let their sons go here as they would at most eat more than work.

"This is your mommy's land. Now it's your land. Every female is given a square of land to plant anything they want. It will be given to them on the day they were born and will be taken away by the tribe when they die. Of course, if the female dies and there are still some plants to harvest, either they trade the plants to the tribe or another member of the tribe, and the mate of female can take the harvest for their rations. Your mommy's plant was passed down to you instead of choosing another square." Yun He then pointed at the very back of the plantation where beastmen are working with the land and there are no plants yet. "That one will be given to the new female that was just born. The tribe is used to having only one hundred ten squares so the plantation team needs to help the new female clear her square."

"And that one," pointing at the land where there are a lot of fruit trees and some other plants on the ground. "That is the tribe plantation. Half of it will be stored in our tribe storage house, and the other half will be given to females depending on how old they are and if they helped or do anything for the tribe they will be given more. Beastmen also have a part depending on how much they worked and helped the tribe. Most of the fruit trees and vegetables will mature in Fall. We mostly use that food to be dried so it can be eaten in Winter."

"Yun He, your little female will just turn two, will she even understand what you are saying?" the man who is planting next to their square asked. Hu'er looks at him and saw that there is no malice in his eyes just pure curiosity.

It was natural to be curious, even if they are taunting Yun He, she felt that it was a natural response. Females at her age didn't know a lot of things. At one, they will only be taught how to identify and say things that are necessary for living. Reading, writing, counting, and even learning how to walk will only be taught when they become three. Yet, her Daddies never treated her like that. They teach what they can teach, do what they could help, and pour all the information they have from time to time.

"She will. Do you have any questions Hu'er?" Yun He looks at Hu'er encouraging her to ask.

And so she did, "I'm one hundred eleventh. How did we get Mommy's square then?" With Hu'er's question, beastmen who are working near their square look at her in shock.

Yun He is so proud that he nearly puffed his chest only to remember he is holding Hu'er. Remembering what happened back then, he snorted, "We fought for it. The one who was born before you didn't get her land immediately. She got hers when it was already Spring season as a punishment for her family." To change the topic and keep Hu'er's attention, Yun He pointed at the baskets and made her brothers and Xin Hua carry them.

"Can I go down and pick berries?" Her Daddies planted berries knowing she loves them. Now, she wants to hand-pick them herself.

"This…" Yun He hesitatingly looks at the dirt.

"Please. Pretty, please." To make her beg effectively, she batted her eyes.

"Can she—" before the beastmen continued his question, Yun He squatted down and let her stand up.

Hu'er ran towards her other Daddy who are squatting down near the berries. "Daddy Zhi Wu!"

"Hu'er!" Yun He's heart nearly dropped. Zhi Wu got her immediately.

"Hu'er's fine!" She giggled and started pointing out where she wanted to go and picking all berries she could pick. All the picked berries will be put in the baskets that her daddies and brothers hold, even Xin Hua and his father are holding a basket.

The other beastmen who have closer relationships with Hu'er daddies even asked their mates if they could let Hu'er have some fruits and vegetables. Naturally, they agreed. One, their daddies are physicians. They would for sure need their help. Giving some wouldn't hurt. Two, most of their mates, even themselves, were saved by their families. Most importantly, that's the little female who is known as smart and strong, they might have her as a daughter-in-law. Some females even want to let their mate bring their sons but stopped themselves when they heard that Hu'er Daddies are already looking gloomy at Xin Hua and his Daddy.

Some of her brothers who already have a mate are planting on their plantation square. They also gave her some when they hadn't even asked their mate. The beastmen who are with them also thinks that it is fine to give her as she is after all a potential daughter-in-law.

The news that Hu'er is on the plantation got to her Grandmom. She immediately tasked some of her youngest children to go there and give her more. She didn't like fruits and vegetables that much anyway, giving them to her female grandchild is better than leaving them to greedy little sons of hers, she thought. Her young sons indeed gave Hu'er a lot of fruits and vegetables but they also sneakily ate some.

11