Chapter 21 Fishing and Harvesting Food (3)
474 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The harvest is too many and Hu'er is very embarrassed to stay. They kept on giving her a lot of their harvest. She did keep in mind to make sure to give some final products to their home.

They sent all the fruits and vegetables that were harvested in front of their treehouse. They got fifteen baskets full. Yun He and Hu'er only helped dry the fruits and vegetables for a bit. Some of the harvests won't be dried but marinated in different types of seasonings.

Hu'er suddenly thought of something and told Yun He about it, "Daddy, do you know how to cook soup? Can we cook a lot of soup and give the beastmen and females who gave it their harvest?"

"Yes, that's a great idea." Even those who heard her felt great.

"Also once it is all dried, put different types of dried food in small baskets to give them as a thank-you gift." Hu'er looks at him hesitantly.

But Yun He actually thinks that Hu'er is very smart and he is proud of her. "Very thoughtful. Don't worry your Daddies will take care of it."

"Okay! Thank you, Daddies!" She beamed.

"Alright. Let's go back to the river and go fishing now."

Yun He brought Hu'er back to the river with Hou Yu, Hu'er's Daddy who is a fisher beastman. Xin Hua, his father, and Hu'er's brothers followed them. Her other daddies didn't.

The beastmen who gave Hu'er gifts as a suitor heard that she went out. Instead of coming to Hu'er, they shamelessly help her Daddies to dry the fruits. After all, these will be the food of the female they want to mate with. They didn't stop them though. It's much better to have them by their side than to Hu'er side. The only beastmen they couldn't push away are Hu'er's brothers and Xin Hua.

Some of Hu'er physician Daddies also went to join them in fishing. This time Hu'er is carried by Yun He all the time. They didn't let her walk or go near the river. Some fishes are aggressive and might cause Hu'er to get hurt. But because the river rarely has those fishes everyone is fine bringing Hu'er there.

She just watches them fish some. Every time they fished something they would put the fish in the bucket. They also have different buckets. Her Daddies are challenging each other to catch more fish. Her Daddy Hou Yu was excluded from this challenge. Everyone didn't think it would be a good idea to let him join, a full-time fisher beastman.

There are different kinds of fishes, Yun He started to teach her what the fishes are called, "That's Round Headed Fish." Hou Yu heard him say that and showed the Round Headed Fish to Hu'er that he just caught.

He put it in his bucket and started to look for a different fish. When he caught another fish, he showed it to her again. Yun He then says, "Long Tailed Fish." Hu'er thought that beastmen are quite funny as they name all the fishes based on their appearance. Round Headed Fish have round heads and Long Tailed Fish have long tails. And from there, they did it again and again.

 When three buckets got full, Yun He called Jiu Lin and his mate Aunt Qiao to take the bucket and then asked them to follow him home.

"Daddy Yun He, how many days does it need to stay in the sun?" Hu'er looks ahead to where many beastmen are working drying the fruits.

"Some vegetables can be done in one day but most of them are two to three days. Fruits will be done in two to four days." Yun He saw that she was looking at the beastmen who were helping them dry the fruits and vegetables. "Those beastmen who suddenly appeared when we were fishing are beastmen who wanted to be your mate. You don't need to pay attention to them. They are just doing what they need to do."

Hu'er was stunned. She looks at them carefully as they close into the front house. 'They are handsome. This body needs to grow up more though. Would their faces still stay the same?' She shook her head, feeling a little bad for thinking like that. But what can she do? This is what she is. The face is everything especially when everyone here is so good-looking. Hu'er has already convinced herself to only mate the most handsome man she wants.

She looks at the little fox who ran and went home, Xin Hua. 'Aunt Qiao is very pretty.' Then looks at his father, 'even his father is my type. When he transforms and grows up he should be more handsome right?'

Xin Hua's father saw her looking and misunderstood her, "Xin Hua will come back. He just needs to get something from the house." He even smiled gently at her.

Hu'er nodded, 'Yes. Xin Hua will definitely become her type of a man.' Then asked him, "How old is he?"

Xin Hua was stunned but immediately answered, "Three whole seasons." Hu'er asking such a thing means Xin Hua has a better chance of being accepted by her. He immediately wants to go home and tell such good news to his mate.

Yun He's lips are pursed. He really didn't like what was going on. So instead of stopping to join the drying session, he said while passing by, "Hu'er will go get a nap now."

"Daddy?" Yun He didn't speak or look at her. He just went inside. 'Oh no. I forgot they now know me so well. He must know what I am thinking back there. I need to coax Daddy Yun He.' Hu'er immediately thought of a plan. Yun He saw how she was thinking too hard, secretly smiling.

"What happened to Yun He?" Some of his Daddies outside asked. The Daddy of Xin Hua just shrugged his shoulders and started helping them. He knows why but he would tell.

Xin Hua came back and didn't see the beautiful little female. Clueless, he went to his Dad. Xin Qiao pats his head. "You did well. Give this to your Uncle Zhi Wu. He knows what this is." Still clueless, he obediently did it.

10