Chapter 31 Selling Her Sons
421 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today, most of the beastmen are at the center of the tribe. Before even the sun could rise they were already working. The sounds could even travel through the end of the tribe.

There were tons of beastmen so they wouldn't be able to all work at the center. Most beastmen including the Daddies of Hu'er chose to work near their homes. 

Hu'er, Jiu Hu, Yun He, and Qiang Li are the only ones in their house, there are no patients either. Qiang Li is one of Hu'er's Daddies. He mainly throws his life by hunting non-stop and rarely showing up to Hu'er. Ever since his mate died, Qiang Li's life revolved around hunting. Hu'er knows about him though as he always brought her meat after hunting. She has good feelings toward this Daddy of hers. He would always check on her after he is done with hunting.

Right now they are playing a game of Guess Who for the first time. Guess who is about a trainee and trainers. Hu'er is the trainee, and her three Daddies are the trainers. She needs to turn her back on them and guess who is on the left, middle, and right. It is a game where they can train their senses, especially their hearing sense.

Hu'er starts the countdown again. Once she began counting her three Daddies started shuffling themselves. "Zero," Hu'er shouted.

The three stopped and didn't breathe loudly. They are standing there frozen, waiting for Hu'er to guess who is on whatever side they are standing.

'Three, two, and one,' she counted down before completely focusing on what she heard and felt. "Dada is in the middle," Hu'er muttered when hear him breathe. With how close she is to her Dada, Hu'er knows the pattern of Jiu Hu's breathing and he is the most familiar one to her.

From both sides of her Dada the only side she can feel that there is a person is at the side. His Dada doesn't have someone on his right side. This made her doubt really in the middle. But when she also felt that there is only one on the left side of her Dada he realized that what she felt earlier might be right. "Left side of Dada is Daddy Yun He and the right side of Dada is Daddy Qiang Li." Qiang Li's presence when they are shuffling, Hu'er can still feel it but when they froze his presence suddenly vanished.

"Hu'er is right! Don't turn around, let's do it again." Her Dada made her count again. She is still right. She already knew how to know where they are and who is on what side. However, whether she could do it again with different beastmen is still a question.

"Alright. Let's stop now. You did very well." Hu'er turned to them and grinned when she heard that. After so many attempts she finally got it alright.

Her Dada's presence is easy to distinguish, however she didn't know who was who when comparing the presence of Yun He and Qiang Li. They have the same presence and she kept on making mistakes. When Qiang Li hid his presence she suddenly notices that Qiang Li could imitate the presence of Yun He, but imitation is imitation. She also felt something that Qiang Li has that neither Yun He nor Jiu Hu doesn't have. Qiang Li, although hid his sharp and murderous aura. He didn't want to murder or hate anyone but that aura is on him because Qiang Li have killed and got near-death experiences from hunting wild animals. The most thing Hu'er admires is Qiang Li can hide his presence. He can be an assassin back in her place.

"Hu'er do you want to eat meat?" Qiang Li looked at her with fondness and took some salty meat that they made as her snack. Hu'er eyes widened. She has never seen him look at her with so much fondness. Qiang Li acted like this all because he acknowledged her sharp senses.

Before Hu'er could even answer, three of them look at the same place. Her Dada, and Yun He stood up hurriedly and told Qiang Li to bring her to Aunt Qiao's house before running out.

Hu'er finally heard someone asking for her Daddies. Beastmen do have sharper hearing than females. She couldn't agree more. Hu'er was carried by Qiang Li and his other hand was holding a basket full of her food.

When they got out she couldn't see Jiu Hu and Yun He anymore. However, at a distance, she could see some beastmen waving at her. Based on their body build she knew it was her Daddies. She waved at them while Qiang Li didn't even stop for a minute to go to Aunt Qiao's house "Why did you wave?" Qiang Li suddenly asked that question.

Hu'er looks at him and immediately knew that he is testing her. "It's Daddies."

"Really?" He didn't look surprised, confused, or anything. She couldn't read his expression.

"Yes." Qiang Li didn't speak anymore and just knocked on Aunt Qiao's house.

The door opened and it was Xin Hua's Daddy. "Let her come in." He seems to already know what they came for.

"Your sons?" Qiang Li glanced at their home.

"Went to help their brothers and do some work." When they heard that Hu'er might come to their home if the physicians are needed they already decided to throw their sons. Either their sons are helping on the plantation, fishing, or with their brothers who already have mates. They don't care. Their cubs are already old enough to hunt near their tribe. They could outrun and dodge an attack from the wild beast too. They don't need to worry about them.

"Go on. I will stay outside." Qiang Li gave him Hu'er's food basket. He then put her down with full trust that she could walk in. Didn't even bother to let Xin Hua's daddy carry her. It is inappropriate after all.

Hu'er opened her mouth but didn't speak. She just nodded and walked in looking back to Qiang Li from time to time.

The door closed. "Hu'er your Daddy can't go in. Don't worry, if you need anything you can tell your uncles. Your uncles will help you with anything." Aunt Qiao came and carried her to a very clean room. Her mates didn't go in with them.

When females and beastmen visit other homes, except for treatment houses, storage houses, punishment houses, and the tribe leader's house there are certain rules to follow. All unmated beastmen must go out of their homes when a female visits another female and those who are mated males can't go in the room where the females hang out. Mated males can't go into other female houses. Unmated males can visit females if it was approved by the female herself. These rules of course don't include elders who teach females and physicians who can treat wounds and sickness whenever they need them. There are some rare instances that the rules can be ignored, such as when there is an accident or anything connected to danger is transpired.

12