Chapter 159 No!
148 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He hesitated before nodding. "Alright, then I will eat… Get some fish in this bucket in return." Hei Bai Mao took the two buckets.

"No, fish is not what our tribe lacks…." Then he was just going to glance at the bucket but got stunned. Weng Ken shockingly say, "You caught a lot this time." He was amazed to see so many big fish swimming in the bucket. He also saw that Hei Bai Mao didn't put the small fishes in and let them go whenever he caught one. But to see this many…. He gulped.

Weng Ken shook his head and took the other bucket and helped Hei Bai Mao bring it to their spot. He Bai Mao let him help as his mind already thinks that Weng Ken can get half a bucket of the fish.

The two beastmen gave them space. They saw the two buckets of fish. One of them can't help but comment, "It's great that there is not a single little fish in the bucket." He concentrated his gaze toward the buckets one by one to confirm if there really is no small fish in it.

"Of course! If I catch them, how can they grow big? I want big fish too." Hei Bai Mao proudly grinned at him.

This has been the greatest teaching of his teacher, Hou Yu. He always abides with it, not unless what they really need to catch is a small fish.

"That's right. Big fish is better," the other beastmen agreed.

It's one of the rules in fishing that they, the Pelican Tribe, follow. They must let small fishes live and just catch the big fishes. He is happy to see that Hei Bai Mao is also following the rule of catching fish.

He chuckled and sat down, "Yes. I'm going home and need to give some to my mother." Hei Bai Mao never hunted that much for his mother, it's his fathers responsibility after all. However, this time he did. His eyes flashed as he grinned.

"By the way, I'm Lu Ken, his name is Song Jun. Do you want me to cook the fish?" He introduced themselves and pointed at the buckets.

Weng Ken nodded at Hei Bai Mao, "Lu Ken is a great cook."

Hei Bai Mao hesitated before shaking his head. "No. Well… Just some. I'll make some dry fish instead so it won't be heavy." His mother's favorite is dried fish, but he didn't speak of it as Hei Bai Mao thinks it's not that necessary to do so.

"Then you can make dried fish in our Tribe. Making it here in the forest might lure many wild animals." Weng Ken suggested.

Thinking that the walk from the pond to their tribe will take almost a day worth of walking with him carrying these buckets, he nodded, "Okay."

"Got some visitors again?" The guard of the Pelican Tribe remembered Hei Bai Mao's face. "Oh! It's you!"

This guard would sometimes do a patrol around the forest that is near their Tribe to clear out some dangerous wild animals. He often sees Maine Coon run around as they hunt. The Maine Coon Tribe made their life easier. He would talk to them as they bond. Hei Bai Mao would occasionally show up. However, the guard has no opportunity to talk to him as Hei Bai Mao will always focus on hunting.

Weng Ken nodded at the guard. "He just wants to make dry fish. And stay here for at least three days."

"Hello," Hei Bai Mao greeted.

The guard greeted back before looking at Weng Ken, "Okay. You can go to the Tribe leader to ask him for a guest house." Then, he saw the buckets of fish they were holding, "Others can help you dry your fish too."

Hei Bai Mao embarrassingly waves his hand. "There's no need. I only need to look and turn it over anyway, but thank you."

The guard chuckled when he saw him getting embarrassed for such a small thing. "No problem."

They went to the tribe leader and explained to him why Hei Bai Mao is visiting.

The Tribe leader nodded in understanding and generously advises, "If you want to sundry some fish go to the East part of the tribe. Sun is glaring that way the most. There are eight guest houses left there, just choose whatever."

Hei Bai Mao smiles at him gratefully, "Thank you Tribe Leader."

"Weng Ken will guide you there." The Tribe Leader gave Weng Ken a glance.

Weng Ken nodded and beckoned Hei Bai Mao out, "Let's go."

They walked all the way to the end of the east part of the Pelican Tribe. A couple of beastmen greeted them all the way.

Finally, they arrived at the guesthouse. "I'll help you out." Weng Ken took a bucket off his hand and set it down the door. "We can spread it before the sun rises. I'll sleep here so we can finish it fast."

Hei Bai Mao wouldn't say no to help when he wanted to finish faster. He looked around and saw that he only had these buckets of fish. "Then… I'll give you some fish…?" he offered his fish again.

He chuckles, "No need. I don't like fish that much. My mate doesn't either."

"But…" Hei Bai Mao was holding a fish and wanted to give it to him.

He waves his hand to dismiss him, "Come on. It's not that tiring to help you with this small thing. I'll help clean up your house too."

"My teachers have told me that I can't just let others help me for nothing. Just get a fish? Oh! I have this pouch. You can have it if you want." The pouch is full of dried berries. He doesn't want it that much but got used to having a pouch full of berries. It started when he saw others do that.

Weng Ken helplessly took it. "...Okay. You were taught well by your teachers." He tied it on his waist string. "Teachers are those who teach you skills right?"

Hei Bai Mao nodded, "Yes. That's what the Fox tribe calls them."

"Can they teach other tribes cubs?" His voice is so low that if Hei Bai Mao didn't have a good hearing, he wouldn't hear it.

He shrugged, "Not now at least. Not sure about the future. After all, their own tribe comes first. I'm just a bit special but I work for them in return."

"Oh.." Weng Ken understood and looked down as he focused on cleaning up the guest house.

5