Chapter 161 No! (3)
81 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mom," Hei Bai Mao greeted her with full of helplessness. His mom is just one of the females who loves her kits. Even if they are already transformed and have families, his mom would still ask for their well being.

Most Main Coon’s females do that and only some don't care much for their kit. After all, Main Coon’s beastmens are all capable of living on their own, even kits can hunt on their own.

"Don't Mom me. Your Dad has been missing you for so long." He saw his Mom signaled that she wanted to go down from his Dad’s arms.

He looks at his Dad who looks like he didn’t care and just focused on patting his Mom’s dress and taking the leaves that fell on her as she stood up.

His Dad doesn't look like he misses him, not at all. It was his Mom who looked so worried, yet just as she always does, she will say it was others who missed him.

"I… I come more often?" The way he said that made his Dad scoff. Even his Mom's eyes rolled on him. Those words are full of uncertainly that even Hei Bai Mao didn’t believe he would come back often.

Arms crossed, she asked, "And how often is it? Why not stay?" There are quite a lot of Main Coon’s females who wanted to mate with Hei Bai Mao. He should be choosing to have a family now. Her son is capable and females like capable beastmen the most.

Hei Bai Mao has no idea that his Mom is already thinking who among those females will be Hei Bai Mao’s mate. Even planning to let him meet the females of Main Coon.

His Dad didn’t let her Mom just stand there while talking. One of his Dad lay down on the ground and let his Mom sit on him. She is in a daze and lets her mate do whatever.

After a while Hei Bai Mao answered, "....Once in every season?"

She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Hei Bai Mao. "Did I hear that right? Just four times in one season? Why? Did you…? Have you been mated? That's why you went home and got me so many salted dry fish?" She pointed at the bag of salted fish that her mate is now biting.

Her mate was shocked by her and awkwardly let go to put down the bag. He slowly moved back and gave her a pitiful look.

“No, not you.” She comforted him by caressing his face. Then looks at her son.

She just realized something earlier that made her outburst. Only her mated sons do that, and come back much less than normal. Most of her unmated sons will come back at least ten to fifteen times every one whole season. Hei Bai Mao just didn’t visit as much due to the fact he is learning some life skills and to be capable beastmen.

Then thought her son wouldn’t just mate someone unless a female was in a heat and no beastmen were nearby. It's a rare situation but the possibility of it is still there. “You…. Did you impregnate a female…?”

“No! Mom…” Shocked by how his Mom immediately concluded that. He sighed and explained, "Mom, I didn't. I wouldn't just mate with a female without telling you."

His mom believes his explanation yet she has this feeling, like something is telling her that he is here right now to have a connection with a female. She squinted her eyes and observed Hei Bai Mao. Her son blushed. “Aha!” She is now sure of it. "So you are here to tell me about a female."

His face revealed it all. "....Yes." His mom has the ‘I knew it’ face that he just embarrassingly chuckles.

"Who? Who is it? How old is she? From what tribe? How many mates does she currently have? What number are you?"

His mom looks like she’s going to ask more so he immediately intervenes by answering her questions. "She has one mate. There are others who already got her promise. There are a total of four that will be their turn to be her mate. I… I haven't told her about it. She doesn't really know me much…" The way he dragged his words made his Mom know that the female didn’t have any feelings for her son.

She sighed, stood up and straightened her back. "First, what tribe is she from, and her age."

Hei Bai Mao hesitated for a bit, seeing his Dad glaring at him, he reluctantly answered, "...from Fox Tribe. She just got her first heat this summer. Mom, I'm just here to tell you about it. I still need to go back and ask to be her mate."

The female fox that Hei Bai Mao choose must be great to make him a bit anxious. Hei Bai Mao actually didn’t know why he suddenly wanted to go back to the Fox Tribe. While going back to the Maine Coon Tribe he didn’t feel the need to rush. But for some reason his instict is signalling him to go back. “Mom, I need to go now.”

Seeing that Hei Bai Mao is determined, she nodded. "We will go with you. Give your Dads some time. They will go out to hunt so they can give her something. Ah no! we should go first, then let your Dads join us later. We can’t waste time."

He shook his head, "There's no need. I can hunt it alone." 

"No, it will be too late if you do it alone. More beastmen that hunt, the more food can be collected. And if you are really determined to go now. Your Dad and I can slowly travel while hunting. You can rush there. Leave everything with us." She looks at her mates and nodded. Some of his Dad’s jumped up to their tree house to immediately packed somethings.

“Since it’s quite far, I’ll call some of your idle brothers and cousins for a help.” Hei Bai Mao’s biological Dad transformed and ran away. They didn’t want to waste time.

"Thank you Mom, Dad."

“What are you thanking us for? Go now. We will be following you.” She pushed him lightly.

Hei Bai Mao gave a quick hug, “Be safe, Mom.” Then, ran a way.

He could hear his Dad’s hissing at him. He didn’t care. He is just so happy that Beast God gave him such a great family.

3