Chapter 162 It’s You
88 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Hei Bai Mao is rushing to go back to the Fox Tribe and the family preparing for his courtship, a beastman from the Fox Tribe realized the biggest mistake he ever made.

Jiu Lin looks at the book in his hand in a daze. It is a thick small book. A book that holds very important steps that needs to be read before mating.

“Is that why she got hurt?” Song Li remembered Ke Rin and Hu’er’s Daddies talking about how Hu’er got hurt from mating and what medicine they should give her.

Jiu Lin immediately admitted, “It’s my fault.” He sighed from frustration. If he had read this instead of other books then…. “Hu’er suffered…” she shouldn't have suffered.

“I didn’t know.” Song Li muttered. “I thought…” He looks at the book Jiu Lin is holding. “...we all thought, Hu’er gave it to you..”

Song Li’s words didn’t register immediately. It took Jiu Lin’s time before his head snapped and looked at Song Li in shock, “Hu’er?”

Song Li nodded. “Yes. Long Weng, is the painter of these types of books in our Tribe. He made this to help all beastmen to treat our females better. I haven’t opened it yet but everyone did say it’s different. There are no pictures in it but it’s useful. Long Weng’s mate, Shi Yun gave Hu’er the book when they are creating ropes. Even Xin Hua and others saw it.”

Jiu Lin is so confused. He never saw any females come to their home. “When was that?”

Song Li tried to remember when and just said everything that happened. “It was before winter came, you were hunting with the rest. I was the one who’s guarding Hu’er at home. Shi Yun and Leng Si, that other female from the South side came to visit her for some lessons. I saw Hu’er holding that book. I didn’t know what it was not until I was given one just today.”

He scratched his nape, “Oh just.. I just remember that because Hu’er let me hold it for a while and saw the book cover. Xin Hua and Ke Rin even asked me what was that book when Hu’er went back to her room. We got to know that we will also be given a book when the time is getting near ao we can prepare. Since we will have one anyway and it’s all the same, we didn’t ask you for it. We should have asked. If we asked you for it then we will know that you didn’t have it.”

They stayed quiet for some time. Jiu Lin shook his head and stood up. “It’s alright. It’s a hindsight.” He also understood something. He did remember Hu’er complaining about everyone giving her a book. She even said ‘I’m too tired reading it all. Let’s just hide it.’ He agreed.

“Can I borrow this first?” Jiu Lin waves the book.

Song Li hesitated. Look at Jiu Lin and then at the book before nodding. “Yeah…” Even though Jiu Lin already mated with Hu’er, it’s not bad if Jiu Lin learned it late, as long as Hu’er won't get hurt.

“I’ll give it back later.” Jiu Lin left the room.

He waved his hands fast and yelled. “No need! I haven't used it yet. I can just ask for another.”

Jiu Lin went in their gates and saw his mate sitting on a chair near the pond. “Hu’er….”

Hu’er opened her eyes and waved at Jiu Lin. “Jiu Lin! Where have you been?” She has been sunbathing, while waiting for him to come back home.

He pointed outside, “I went hunting and talked to other beastmen. I also just realized something. Do we have a book like this?” Jiu Lin raised the book.

“Huh? What’s that?” Hu’er can’t see the book clearly due to the sunlight shining on her face. She tried to squint and block the sun.

Jiu Lin’s body moved to block the sun. “You don't recognize it?”

Hu’er finally saw the book but still it is not familiar to her. “No, but you can look at the books upstairs. What is that book anyway?”

He nodded in understanding. “It was given by someone from a tribe. It's a mating process. Someone gave this to Song Li since he will be the next one. I saw it laying around the guard house and took it for a look. I didn’t expect to see something important in it.”

“What is it?” Her face is full of curiosity making Jiu Lin smile.

Instead of telling her what is written in it, he said, “I’ll show you the result when the time comes.”

She blinked, “Okay…?” The way Jiu Lin smiled made her feel that he is up to something.

“Is there more of this?” He waves the book.

“Oh.” She nodded and pointed up. “There’s a lot upstairs, you can just get it all. They gave me many books, but I didn't open them anymore after I saw a couple that didn’t fit my taste and just stockpiled them on my chest.”

“I’ll look for it then.” Jiu Lin kissed her on the forehead.

She mutters, “...go on”

Jiu Lin nodded and went up. His eyes are full of determination to learn everything. He might have made a big mistake at first but it’s never too late to learn and make sure that it won’t be repeated.

This time his goal is to make her… have a good time. His eyes glinted as he smirked.

She watched him go inside. “Hmm…? Why would he act so mysterious? Did I miss a good book?” Hu’er’s head tilted. Then, she dismissed the idea.

“I’ve checked almost twenty books back then. Every one of them is the same. It’s rough and unpolished. If I ever did…. Then, am I in for a treat?” Hu’er’s eyes shine. “Jiu Lin will be my treat….” she muttered and giggled before standing up and happily skipping to their house.

3